typical futility

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

typical futility

Bases loaded, two outs, batter swings at two consecutive, off-speed, out-of-the-strike-zone pitches, to go down swinging against a mediocre pitcher.

Orsillo just made the comment, regarding the weather, "long night in Baltimore."  I say, 'long season in Boston'.

I don't know why I bother.  This is just so frustrating.  After 65-years of Sox baseball, you'd think I would have learned. 

'BARTENDER, MAKE THAT A DOUBLE." 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Re: typical futility

Ho heibor nab a hansett

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Futile typicality.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

In response to billge's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ho heibor nab a hansett

[/QUOTE]

The beer that people who really know beer, like best.

Say goodnight Gracie.

Goodnight Gracie.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

I think this 2014 team has the most frustrating offence of any Sox team I've seen, at least since the dark days of the early 90's.  This team gets men on base and leaves them there over and over like clockwork.  It's almost funny at times.  To be honest, I follow what's going on with Gameday a lot even though I have MLB.TV.  It hurts the brain less, I think. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from chickenandboose. Show chickenandboose's posts

:D Workman with a gem so far. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

In response to chickenandboose's comment:
    [QUOTE]

:D Workman with a gem so far. 

[/QUOTE]

gotta give that kid a lot of credit. rain delays and having to warm up how many times? he pitched a great game and only threw 67 pitches. for a second there, I thought that grady's smash was out of the yard. oh well. however, I really gotta give the credit for this W to our two super stars from japan. Taz and Koji! Taz hit 95 on the radar gun and koji's split was down right filthy! great W.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Offensive futility:  yes, frustrating 

Awesome win with complete stud outing by young Brandon:  YESSSSSSSSS!!!  

Guess what Futility Gang:  Red Sox 5 games out of playoff spot and we are in June.    

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

AL sucks

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to dannycater's comment:
    [QUOTE]

AL sucks

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

... awesome ...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

80% of MLB teams stink with 2 Outs and RISP, bad philosophy today by kids to swing for the fences. Ridiculous K rate in todays baseball, instead of just trying to make contact. Not the Pitching, its hitters swinging for the fences.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

I can't recall the last time we won a game 1-0.  I think it was that game in TB in Mid July of 2011 when it took us 16 innings to finally push a run across.  Pedey got the hit and Paps the Save.  Sunday Night game of the week and it went to 2AM.  If Gonzo thought he was ticked I was even more so (plus I think he took the collar that game too in like 8 ABs)....but yeah, we never win 1-0 games anymore like when Pedro was here.........

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

In response to andrewmitch's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I can't recall the last time we won a game 1-0.  I think it was that game in TB in Mid July of 2011 when it took us 16 innings to finally push a run across.  Pedey got the hit and Paps the Save.  Sunday Night game of the week and it went to 2AM.  If Gonzo thought he was ticked I was even more so (plus I think he took the collar that game too in like 8 ABs)....but yeah, we never win 1-0 games anymore like when Pedro was here.........

[/QUOTE]

how about game 3 of last year's ALCS

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to andrewmitch's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

how about game 3 of last year's ALCS

[/QUOTE]

Lackey vs The V Man w/ Big Naps Big Blast?  Yup, valid point.  I guess I was only thinking about regular season for some reason.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In response to dustcover's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Bases loaded, two outs, batter swings at two consecutive, off-speed, out-of-the-strike-zone pitches, to go down swinging against a mediocre pitcher.

Orsillo just made the comment, regarding the weather, "long night in Baltimore."  I say, 'long season in Boston'.

I don't know why I bother.  This is just so frustrating.  After 65-years of Sox baseball, you'd think I would have learned

'BARTENDER, MAKE THAT A DOUBLE." 

[/QUOTE]

After 65 years of Red Sox baseball, you should have learned that the fates of baseball teams change sometimes like the New England weather.  

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to FriendsofFrazee's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Guess what Futility Gang:  Red Sox 5 games out of playoff spot and we are in June.    

[/QUOTE]

With 9 teams ahead of them.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Very astute.  However, it doesn't change the intention of my casual assertion in the slightest.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

With 9 teams ahead of them.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Very astute.  However, it doesn't change the intention of my casual assertion in the slightest.

[/QUOTE]

It's like being 3 strokes back in golf. A lot easier to win if you are only chasing one other golfer, but if you have 9 other golfers ahead of you then you need all 9 to fall back.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Sure.  I get it.  But, my point is not that the Sox are in any kind of cat bird's seat here.  Merely that, as bad as they have played, and as much as epitaphs have been written, re-written and then recited ad nasueumhere:  they are still very much alive.

And, a big difference with the golf analogy:  time.  Sure, its not early anymore.  But, big difference in making up 5 games (or 9 for the division) with 3 1/2 months of season to go and trying to make up a shot or 2 (and leapfrog the people ahead) in 1 round of golf.

Look, I am not cheerleading here ... ok, I am ... rephrase:  I am not looking through rose-colored glasses.  This club needs to play much better baseball in almost all phases.  Obviously, if what we see at this juncture is what we will see in august, its over.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to crazy-world-of-troybrown's comment:
    [QUOTE]

80% of MLB teams stink with 2 Outs and RISP, bad philosophy today by kids to swing for the fences. Ridiculous K rate in todays baseball, instead of just trying to make contact. Not the Pitching, its hitters swinging for the fences.

[/QUOTE]
    That's been a problem for a long time.  I remember watching games with my dad back in the early 70's where he would complain that some of the sox would swing for the fences when they should be punching out base hits.

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.  Eleanor Roosevelt

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from chickenandboose. Show chickenandboose's posts

Wait you been a fan for 65 years. So it took you 5 centuries  to see the team not only win once or twice but 3 times... Stop being a cry baby

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

decades man

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Yeah, but as GoUconn pointed out, the Red Sox score more runs when Drew is in the lineup.

Really? Sox only scored one run in the last two games without Drew. Sox scored 6 and 5 runs in Drew's last two games, and lost one and won one. So your point is invalid!! With Drew in the line up, they seem to score more runs. Without him, they seem to score less.

Yeah, he's really helpful to this team.  What is he 1 for 14, he's been up with the Red Sox for 9 games now, and he's only played in 4. What a joke that signing was.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

[QUOTE]

Sure.  I get it.  But, my point is not that the Sox are in any kind of cat bird's seat here.  Merely that, as bad as they have played, and as much as epitaphs have been written, re-written and then recited ad nasueumhere:  they are still very much alive.

And, a big difference with the golf analogy:  time.  Sure, its not early anymore.  But, big difference in making up 5 games (or 9 for the division) with 3 1/2 months of season to go and trying to make up a shot or 2 (and leapfrog the people ahead) in 1 round of golf.

Look, I am not cheerleading here ... ok, I am ... rephrase:  I am not looking through rose-colored glasses.  This club needs to play much better baseball in almost all phases.  Obviously, if what we see at this juncture is what we will see in august, its over.  

[/QUOTE]

Very nice post Spaceman.

I'm glad to see someone else still thinks the Sox are still very much alive.

Even if they look futile again tonight.  LOL

Sections
Shortcuts