typical futility

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

Re: typical futility

In response to FriendsofFrazee's comment:
    [QUOTE]Geez, why was my post removed?

[/QUOTE]

Good question.

I see nothing wrong with it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to FriendsofFrazee's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Sure.  I get it.  But, my point is not that the Sox are in any kind of cat bird's seat here.  Merely that, as bad as they have played, and as much as epitaphs have been written, re-written and then recited ad nasueumhere:  they are still very much alive.

And, a big difference with the golf analogy:  time.  Sure, its not early anymore.  But, big difference in making up 5 games (or 9 for the division) with 3 1/2 months of season to go and trying to make up a shot or 2 (and leapfrog the people ahead) in 1 round of golf.

Look, I am not cheerleading here ... ok, I am ... rephrase:  I am not looking through rose-colored glasses.  This club needs to play much better baseball in almost all phases.  Obviously, if what we see at this juncture is what we will see in august, its over.  

[/QUOTE]

Geez, why was my post removed?

[/QUOTE]

You seem like an intelligent guy...guess!

WE ARE ALL JUST POPPYSEEDS IN THE BAKERY OF LIFE

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

In response to Sheriff-Rojas' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to dustcover's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Bases loaded, two outs, batter swings at two consecutive, off-speed, out-of-the-strike-zone pitches, to go down swinging against a mediocre pitcher.

Orsillo just made the comment, regarding the weather, "long night in Baltimore."  I say, 'long season in Boston'.

I don't know why I bother.  This is just so frustrating.  After 65-years of Sox baseball, you'd think I would have learned

'BARTENDER, MAKE THAT A DOUBLE." 

[/QUOTE]

After 65 years of Red Sox baseball, you should have learned that the fates of baseball teams change sometimes like the New England weather.  

[/QUOTE]

You'd think.

Sections
Shortcuts