Ubaldo Jimenez

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from edi5386. Show edi5386's posts

Ubaldo Jimenez

Trade rumors heating up that the Rockies might deal him.  It would be interesting to see if both Boston and the Yankees make a play for him. I have not seen much of him this year and I heard he lost some of his stuff. I just hope the Yankees don't panic and give up Betances or Banuelos for him.  It surely will be interesting to see where he lands.  I'm starting to think that Boston will win the division by a few games if the Yankees don't make a move for another quality pitcher. But there are no Lees out there this year and teams will be overpaying for medling talent.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Re: Ubaldo Jimenez

Both the Red Sox and Yankees need pitching help. 

"IF" Boston can get Garza from the Cubs, then I will be a happy fan!  :)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In Response to Re: Ubaldo Jimenez:
    Both the Red Sox and Yankees need pitching help.  "IF" Boston can get Garza from the Cubs, then I will be a happy fan!  :)
    Posted by Ice-Cream

Ice Cream ....

Q?

Happy or happier???

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

In Response to Re: Ubaldo Jimenez : Ice Cream ....   Q?     Happy or happier???
    Posted by SinceYaz

Oooops my bad--HappIER.  ;)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from The--Babe--. Show The--Babe--'s posts

In Response to Ubaldo Jimenez:
    Trade rumors heating up that the Rockies might deal him.  It would be interesting to see if both Boston and the Yankees make a play for him. I have not seen much of him this year and I heard he lost some of his stuff. I just hope the Yankees don't panic and give up Betances or Banuelos for him.  It surely will be interesting to see where he lands.  I'm starting to think that Boston will win the division by a few games if the Yankees don't make a move for another quality pitcher. But there are no Lees out there this year and teams will be overpaying for medling talent.

Posted by edi5386

First off, the red flops don't have enough in their system to land him.

He did start out 0-5 but has seemed to have righted the ship. In his last 6 starts he's 4-1 with a 3.05 ERA

While I am high on Betances and Banuelos, they are in AA. The chances that one of them becomes as effective as ubaldo is now is slim.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

In Response to Ubaldo Jimenez : First off, the red flops don't have enough in their system to land him. He did start out 0-5 but has seemed to have righted the ship. In his last 6 starts he's 4-1 with a 3.05 ERA While I am high on Betances and Banuelos, they are in AA. The chances that one of them becomes as effective as ubaldo is now is slim.
    Posted by The--Babe--

Who do you think the Yankees have to land Jimenez?  With the arguable exception of Betances, your prospects have all under-performed this year, with Brackman being truly terrible. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

I think the Red Sox and Yankees should be focusing on a pitcher who, for whatever reason, continues to fly under radar. The starter to trade for is Erik Bedard. The Mariners want to unload him, he's battle-tested in the AL East where he posted All-Star numbers for the piddling Baltimore Orioles, and he's still pitching superbly now. The only question mark with him is health. He can't seem to last a full year.

Most of the reports I've read indicate that he should return to the majors within a couple weeks and could make two starts before the trade deadline. I wouldn't wait that long. I'd move on him now. If his medical records show that he's ready to contribute for August, September and October, then that's good enough for me. He's an ace-caliber pitcher who would immediately slide into the No. 2 role for New York or No. 3 for Boston.

Let the Tigers overpay for a National League flameout like Jimenez. The Red Sox and Yankees should go for Bedard and/or Garza. My first choice would be Bedard because I think he can be obtained for less, due to his durability issues.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from The--Babe--. Show The--Babe--'s posts

In Response to Re: Ubaldo Jimenez : Who do you think the Yankees have to land Jimenez?  With the arguable exception of Betances, your prospects have all under-performed this year, with Brackman being truly terrible. 

Posted by slomag

It doesn't matter what your jaded opinion is of the Yanks prospects are. The bottom line is they have a pretty highly rated system and have several prospects that are highly regarded. This has been told to you countless times, but I guess it's your red flops colored glasses that prevent you from seeing this.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

In Response to Re: Ubaldo Jimenez : It doesn't matter what your jaded opinion is of the Yanks prospects are. The bottom line is they have a pretty highly rated system and have several prospects that are highly regarded. This has been told to you countless times, but I guess it's your red flops colored glasses that prevent you from seeing this.
    Posted by The--Babe--

Sorry Babe, a 25-year-old in AAA with an ERA near 8 is not going to land you Ubaldo Jimenez, no matter how many 'experts' sing his praises.  Sooner or later you have to produce results.  I would wager that Ryan Lavarnway has higher trade value to many teams right now than Jesus Montero does.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from The--Babe--. Show The--Babe--'s posts

In Response to Re: Ubaldo Jimenez : Sorry Babe, a 25-year-old in AAA with an ERA near 8 is not going to land you Ubaldo Jimenez, no matter how many 'experts' sing his praises.  Sooner or later you have to produce results.  I would wager that Ryan Lavarnway has higher trade value to many teams right now than Jesus Montero does.

Posted by slomag

I never brought up Brackman as trade bait. He is having a terrible year. The only one who think lavarnway has higher value than Montero is you.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In Response to Re: Ubaldo Jimenez : Who do you think the Yankees have to land Jimenez?  With the arguable exception of Betances, your prospects have all under-performed this year, with Brackman being truly terrible. 
    Posted by slomag

Recent rankings suggest that the Yankees have more high-end prospects:

http://www.baseballamerica.com/blog/prospects/2011/07/midseason-top-50-prospects-list/

Keith Law's midseason rankings had the Yankees' Manny Banuelos at No. 18, Jesus Montero at No. 21 and Dellin Betances at No. 34 while lone Red Sox representative was Will Middlebrook at No. 42 (Middlebrooks was unranked in the Baseball America listing).

Last July three months of Cliff Lee* cost the Texas Rangers a Baseball America No. 13 preseason prospect in Justin Smoak, plus a former first-round pick in Blake Bleavan (who has posted two quality starts in his MLB debut this month), hard-throwing reliever Josh Lueke and infielder Matt Lawson (who was later traded for effective lefty reliever Aaron Laffey).

Ubaldo Jimenez may well command a bigger return because the Colorado righthander remains under his team's control through 2013 for about $11 million total or through 2014 for about $19 million.

* the Mariners included reliever Mark Lowe in the Cliff Lee deal

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from wlbpatriotsfan. Show wlbpatriotsfan's posts

Rockies GM said today that Jimenez will not be traded.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

Posted by wlbpatriotsfan

while that makes all the sense in the world

you have to ask why there were 17 scouts watching his last start

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bettersoftthanlaw. Show bettersoftthanlaw's posts

In Response to Re: Ubaldo Jimenez : Recent rankings suggest that the Yankees have more high-end prospects: http://www.baseballamerica.com/blog/prospects/2011/07/midseason-top-50-prospects-list/ Keith Law's midseason rankings had the Yankees' Manny Banuelos at No. 18, Jesus Montero at No. 21 and Dellin Betances at No. 34 while lone Red Sox representative was Will Middlebrook at No. 42 (Middlebrooks was unranked in the Baseball America  listing). Last July three months of Cliff Lee* cost the Texas Rangers a Baseball America No. 13 preseason prospect in Justin Smoak, plus a former first-round pick in Blake Bleavan (who has posted two quality starts in his MLB debut this month), hard-throwing reliever Josh Lueke and infielder Matt Lawson (who was later traded for effective lefty reliever Aaron Laffey). Ubaldo Jimenez may well command a bigger return because the Colorado righthander remains under his team's control through 2013 for about $11 million total or through 2014 for about $19 million. * the Mariners included reliever Mark Lowe in the Cliff Lee deal
    Posted by hill55

Yes, because the Rockies will seek the counsel of Keith Law and Baseball America when they make a trade. The views of one man, who obviously does not have the time to watch hundred of prospects and properly rate them, and an organization that must deal with the same issues, are not worthy of a team's own group of scouts.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In Response to Re: Ubaldo Jimenez : Yes, because the Rockies will seek the counsel of Keith Law and Baseball America when they make a trade. The views of one man, who obviously does not have the time to watch hundred of prospects and properly rate them, and an organization that must deal with the same issues, are not worthy of a team's own group of scouts.
    Posted by bettersoftthanlaw

Colorado scouts may have an opinion of a Red Sox prospect that is higher -- or lower -- than those expressed by Keith Law or the Baseball America panel. The Colorado scouts may think Will Middlebrooks' prospects pale in comparison to those of Rockie thirdbase prospect Nolan Arenado. They make think Ryan Lavarnway's prospects pale in comparison to those of Rockie catching prospect Wilin Rosario.

Neither you nor I know.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from accland. Show accland's posts

In Response to Re: Ubaldo Jimenez : I never brought up Brackman as trade bait. He is having a terrible year. The only one who think lavarnway has higher value than Montero is you.
    Posted by The--Babe--

I would not worry about the Yankee prospects.  They have 4 of the top 50 prospects in recent compilations.  I would worry more about what the sox can do.  Trade Reddick and you get JD for the rest of the year.  Trade Bowden and there is no prospect above AA. Kalish has fallen to a through in and lars is the answer to a trivia question.  Yeah Theo can theoretically add depth, but in reality he cannot.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from The--Babe--. Show The--Babe--'s posts

Posted by wlbpatriotsfan

Yup....and the Yanks weren't going to go after Damon or Tex. 

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bettersoftthanlaw. Show bettersoftthanlaw's posts

In Response to Re: Ubaldo Jimenez : Colorado scouts may have an opinion of a Red Sox prospect that is higher -- or lower -- than those expressed by Keith Law or the Baseball America panel. The Colorado scouts may think Will Middlebrooks' prospects pale in comparison to those of Rockie thirdbase prospect Nolan Arenado. They make think Ryan Lavarnway's prospects pale in comparison to those of Rockie catching prospect Wilin Rosario. Neither you nor I know.
    Posted by hill55

And that's why your drivelous "analysis" is uneccessary. I don't need someone to tell me what "might" or "might not" happen, based on the opinions of others. I rely on the truth, straight from me.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

Posted by wlbpatriotsfan

While it is unwise to ever take a GM at his word about such things, to me, it makes no sense for the Rockies to trade Jimenez.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from WE5NUTS. Show WE5NUTS's posts

In Response to Re: Ubaldo Jimenez : I would not worry about the Yankee prospects.  They have 4 of the top 50 prospects in recent compilations.  I would worry more about what the sox can do.  Trade Reddick and you get JD for the rest of the year.  Trade Bowden and there is no prospect above AA. Kalish has fallen to a through in and lars is the answer to a trivia question.  Yeah Theo can theoretically add depth, but in reality he cannot.
    Posted by accland

Theo wouldn't blink an eye at trading Bowden. He is never going to amount to much other than maybe an average middle reliever. He's been toiling away in AAA for 3 or 4 years, teams aren't looking at him as a "top prospect" including the Red Sox. Teams will want Reddick, Doubront, Kalish, Raunaudo, Middlebrooks, Lav. etc.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from b126962. Show b126962's posts

Ubaldo Jimenez isn't going anywhere other than possibly the Yankees if they make a "panic move". Honestly, Jimenez hasn't been the same since the All Star break last year, yeah he's done solid his last 7 or 8 starts but I don't think he's that unhittable pitcher we saw for 3 months last year. And a jump from the NL West to the AL East would be enourmous. A lot of pitchers don't surnvive that jump or they require a long adjusting period. I'd prefer Cuddyer and/or Garza/Kuroda.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

For 3 months last yr, he was Bob Gibson circa 1968; he hasn't found that form since.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Colosoxman. Show Colosoxman's posts

Ubaldo Jimenez isn't going anywhere other than possibly the Yankees if they make a "panic move". Honestly, Jimenez hasn't been the same since the All Star break last year, yeah he's done solid his last 7 or 8 starts but I don't think he's that unhittable pitcher we saw for 3 months last year. And a jump from the NL West to the AL East would be enourmous . A lot of pitchers don't surnvive that jump or they require a long adjusting period. I'd prefer Cuddyer and/or Garza/Kuroda.

Rockies are not tradng Ubaldo period. Thats just another false rumor that circulates hits for some blogger to make him look like he has some credibility and that includes the NY Post.

Posted by b126962

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

4 years/$10 million (2009-2012) with team options for 2013 and 2014

2010: $1.25 million

2011: $2.8 million

2012: $4.2 million

2013: $5.75 (club option)

2014: $8 million (club option)

People that want to keep their job don't trade contracts like this. Not going to happen unless someone wants to hand over their whole farm system, including all equipment and transportation.

Only a pipe dream, don't know who thought this one up. Never going to happen.

Sections
Shortcuts