Ubaldo Jimenez

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from promise4you. Show promise4you's posts

Re: Ubaldo Jimenez

Im confused, am I on a Yankee's site? Have I been sent to another land by the goodyship lollipop? Scotty BEEM me up this place is going to hell in a diaper pail!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

....other than 3 months of excellence/good luck in the spring of 2010....doesn't he have a pedestrian career record?  In the peewee league?  Surely the Sox should aspire to better than UbJim?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Diamondtalk. Show Diamondtalk's posts

Theo can't offer what the Rockies want to part with Jimenez even if Theo empties out the thin farm system.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

Tough to get a read on Hughes when Toronto is without Bautista.   Wonder if Cashman thinks they even need a starter now?  Maybe he waits until after the Rays series.  That will tell a lot.  

Beckett for the Sox tonight.  IMO if he is back to being an Ace, Sox won't trade for a pitcher.  Should be interesting.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mfymfy. Show mfymfy's posts

Slomag, the Yanks concession stands serve the best french fries in the AL, if not all of baseball. What do you think?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

In Response to Re: Ubaldo Jimenez:
    [QUOTE]Rockies GM said today that Jimenez will not be traded.
    Posted by wlbpatriotsfan[/QUOTE]

In 2005, Damon said that he would not go to the Yankees.

In 2009, Kim Jong Il said that he will have peaceful talks with the Obama Administration.

It's all talk.  The Rockies GM will trade Jimenez. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

[QUOTE]....other than 3 months of excellence/good luck in the spring of 2010....doesn't he have a pedestrian career record?  In the peewee league?  Surely the Sox should aspire to better than UbJim?
    Posted by SonicsMonksLyresVicars[/QUOTE]
    In 118 starts since the beginning of the 2008 season, Ubaldo Jimenez has a 3.52 ERA and a WAR* of 17.2.

In 115 starts since the beginning of the 2008 season, Jon Lester has a 3.29 ERA and a WAR of 19.1.

In 97 starts since the beginning of the 2008 season, Josh Beckett has a 4.02 ERA and a WAR of 10.7.

In 74 games, including 73 starts, since the beginning of the 2008 season, Clay Buchholz has a 3.75 ERA and a WAR of 7.7.

In 99 starts since the beginning of the 2008 season, John Lackey has a 4.38 ERA and a WAR of 7.0.

* Wins Above Replacement as reported at Baseball Reference

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

[QUOTE]....other than 3 months of excellence/good luck in the spring of 2010....doesn't he have a pedestrian career record?  In the peewee league?  Surely the Sox should aspire to better than UbJim?
    Posted by SonicsMonksLyresVicars[/QUOTE]

in other words

he thinks the yanks will get him

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

rockies name price for ubaldo: montero, banuelos, betances & nova. nyy will do montero plus other pitchers (not those guys)

twitter.com/#!/SI_JonHeyman

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]rockies name price for ubaldo: montero, banuelos, betances & nova. nyy will do montero plus other pitchers (not those guys) twitter.com/#!/SI_JonHeyman
    Posted by bald-predictions[/QUOTE]

You seem like you know your stuff .

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from edi5386. Show edi5386's posts

[QUOTE]rockies name price for ubaldo: montero, banuelos, betances & nova. nyy will do montero plus other pitchers (not those guys) twitter.com/#!/SI_JonHeyman
    Posted by bald-predictions[/QUOTE]

Since he has a very serviceable contract they will ask for the moon for him. I don't think he is going anywhere. Both the Yankees and the Red Sox need another pitcher but won't part with that much to get him.  I don't know the Red Sox farm system but I don't think Cashman would give up 3 prospects that are in the top 50 of all of baseball plus Nova who is young and already proven can win at the big leagues as a number 3 or 4 starter.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from The--Babe--. Show The--Babe--'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ubaldo Jimenez : Since he has a very serviceable contract they will ask for the moon for him. I don't think he is going anywhere. Both the Yankees and the Red Sox need another pitcher but won't part with that much to get him.  I don't know the Red Sox farm system but I don't think Cashman would give up 3 prospects that are in the top 50 of all of baseball plus Nova who is young and already proven can win at the big leagues as a number 3 or 4 starter.
    Posted by edi5386[/QUOTE]

Agreed. But the start of any negotiating is to ask for the moon. Not saying it gets done but I could see Montero, Nova and one of either Betances or Banuelos being the main pieces. But not both.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiggerThanMyBrady. Show BiggerThanMyBrady's posts

Okay, I usually don’t comment on threads. I just read them. But nhsteven, the list you just gave is a terrible list to use as an example of a prospect rating system. Hosmer, Hellickson, Freeman, Pineda, and Ackley are now all starters in the MLB, and you could also argue Moustakas (but I won’t because he was just called up). Like most people, I tend to follow KLaw when it comes to rating prospects, and like someone already mentioned, the Yankees have two or three on his mid-season list. Both teams have what it takes to get it done, but both teams won’t like what the Rockies are asking for.

Yankees (as reported by Heyman): Montero, Banuelos, Betances, and Nova.

Red Sox (what I think it would take): Middlebrooks, Ranaudo, Brentz, Weiland/Hassan.

Neither would want to do that. Giving up two of the better killer B’s for the Yankees is a no-no. Montero would probably rake in that park, but his defense would not be fantastic. Sox would not give up “a f’ing stud” in Middlebrooks, a future front-of-the-rotation starter in Ranaudo, and a guy climbing in Brentz. No way Iglesias gets traded. They already have Tulo.

Neither will probably pull the trigger, but fans that think it will take less than that need a reality check. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]Okay, I usually don’t comment on threads. I just read them. But nhsteven, the list you just gave is a terrible list to use as an example of a prospect rating system. Hosmer, Hellickson, Freeman, Pineda, and Ackley are now all starters in the MLB, and you could also argue Moustakas (but I won’t because he was just called up). Like most people, I tend to follow KLaw when it comes to rating prospects, and like someone already mentioned, the Yankees have two or three on his mid-season list. Both teams have what it takes to get it done, but both teams won’t like what the Rockies are asking for. Yankees (as reported by Heyman): Montero, Banuelos, Betances, and Nova. Red Sox (what I think it would take): Middlebrooks, Ranaudo, Brentz, Weiland/Hassan. Neither would want to do that. Giving up two of the better killer B’s for the Yankees is a no-no. Montero would probably rake in that park, but his defense would not be fantastic. Sox would not give up “a f’ing stud” in Middlebrooks, a future front-of-the-rotation starter in Ranaudo, and a guy climbing in Brentz. No way Iglesias gets traded. They already have Tulo. Neither will probably pull the trigger, but fans that think it will take less than that need a reality check. 
    Posted by BiggerThanMyBrady[/QUOTE]

Scouting Book has a criteria that determines when a player is no longer a prospect; this can take up to 3 full yrs of MLB service. This resource is widely followed. For a different and off-beat analyses of prospects, see Baseball Prospectus and Project Prospectus. ESPN appears to be mainstream & the worst.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiggerThanMyBrady. Show BiggerThanMyBrady's posts

I looked at Baseball America, Baseball Prospectus, and KLaw and none of the guys I mentioned are on any of their midseason top-50 lists (granted I tried to find free ways around the subscriber fee). I read Scouting Book's "criteria" for their rating system and I understand where they are coming from. But Pineda, Hellickson, Freeman, and Hosmer have been playing for a while and have had solid/good/great (based on whoever's definition) seasons so far with no track records of this year's numbers being a fluke. I understand if you use Scouting Book's system, and respect that, but to consider those four still prospects is unfair. Ackley, okay you can make an argument for. Same for Moustakas. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]I looked at Baseball America, Baseball Prospectus, and KLaw and none of the guys I mentioned are on any of their midseason top-50 lists (granted I tried to find free ways around the subscriber fee). I read Scouting Book's "criteria" for their rating system and I understand where they are coming from. But Pineda, Hellickson, Freeman, and Hosmer have been playing for a while and have had solid/good/great (based on whoever's definition) seasons so far with no track records of this year's numbers being a fluke. I understand if you use Scouting Book's system, and respect that, but to consider those four still prospects is unfair. Ackley, okay you can make an argument for. Same for Moustakas. 
    Posted by BiggerThanMyBrady[/QUOTE]

You're entitled to your opinion; like I said, they have their criteria, and it works for them; and their followers. I was only trying to illustrate how Montero is still very highly regarded; does this mean he'll be a star? No, of course. You never know how a guy is going to do until he's up in the bigs. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

[QUOTE]Slomag, the Yanks concession stands serve the best french fries in the AL, if not all of baseball. What do you think?
    Posted by mfymfy[/QUOTE]

Great!  Ivan Nova and a side of fries should land Jimenez and Tulo!

Sections
Shortcuts