Ubaldo will be starting in place of Andrew Miller on Sunday in Chicago

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsox0426. Show redsox0426's posts

Ubaldo will be starting in place of Andrew Miller on Sunday in Chicago

Sox will get the deal done for Ubaldo, and he will be in Chicago in time for Sunday's contest against the White Sox. 

With uncertainty surrounding Buccholz's injury, it is very important that the Red Sox pursue the deal for Ubaldo. A change of scenery will get Ubaldo back on track as an ace. He could emerge as a future #2 starter for the Sox, if not the best No. 3 in the AL. 

They would probably have to give up Weiland, Middlebrooks, Kalish, and Doubront, but it would be worth it. Maybe the Sox could substitute Brentz in for Middlebrooks if they offer a 5th player as well.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsox0426. Show redsox0426's posts

Re: Ubaldo will be starting in place of Andrew Miller on Sunday in Chicago

Jon Heyman says that the Red Sox are agressively pursuing him.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Please tell me you aren't Harold Camping, the crackpot preacher from Oakland who keeps making predictions about the end of the world.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In Response to Re: Ubaldo will be starting in place of Andrew Miller on Sunday in Chicago:
    [QUOTE]Please tell me you aren't Harold Camping, the crackpot preacher from Oakland who keeps making predictions about the end of the world.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]  GOOD ONE ZILLY !!!!   YUK,YU, YUK !!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jarretfromportsmouth. Show jarretfromportsmouth's posts

In Response to Re: Ubaldo will be starting in place of Andrew Miller on Sunday in Chicago:
    [QUOTE]Please tell me you aren't Harold Camping, the crackpot preacher from Oakland who keeps making predictions about the end of the world.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]

If he is Harold, and he is right this time...we get Ubaldo, but the world ends in September before he can pitch in the WS.  So in that case, trade them AGon, Pedroia, Lester, and Bard!  HAHAHA.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from chuchos. Show chuchos's posts

Will be intriuging if Jimenez is scratched from his scheduled start tomorrow.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Ubaldo will be starting in place of Andrew Miller on Sunday in Chicago:
    [QUOTE]Sox will get the deal done for Ubaldo, and he will be in Chicago in time for Sunday's contest against the White Sox.  With uncertainty surrounding Buccholz's injury, it is very important that the Red Sox pursue the deal for Ubaldo. A change of scenry will get Ubaldo back on track as an ace. He could emerge as a future #2 starter for the Sox, if not the  They would probably have to give up Weiland, Middlebrooks, Kalish, and Doubront, but it would be worth it. Maybe the Sox could substitute Brentz in for Middlebrooks if they offer a 5th player as well.
    Posted by redsox0426[/QUOTE]

Theo is looking for at bat and SP, if he wants both then our farm should take quite a hit but it may be worth it. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from thewags. Show thewags's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Ubaldo will be starting in place of Andrew Miller on Sunday in Chicago : Theo is looking for at bat and SP, if he wants both then our farm should take quite a hit but it may be worth it. 
    Posted by craze4sox[/QUOTE]

Yeah I'm in the "give it all you got" camp right now.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OhEFFU. Show OhEFFU's posts

In Response to Ubaldo will be starting in place of Andrew Miller on Sunday in Chicago:
    [QUOTE]Sox will get the deal done for Ubaldo, and he will be in Chicago in time for Sunday's contest against the White Sox.  With uncertainty surrounding Buccholz's injury, it is very important that the Red Sox pursue the deal for Ubaldo. A change of scenry will get Ubaldo back on track as an ace. He could emerge as a future #2 starter for the Sox, if not the  They would probably have to give up Weiland, Middlebrooks, Kalish, and Doubront, but it would be worth it. Maybe the Sox could substitute Brentz in for Middlebrooks if they offer a 5th player as well.
    Posted by redsox0426[/QUOTE]

Why are you saying it's goign to happen?  How do you know?  And why this: "he could emerge as a future #2 starter..." Don't you just mean he could become a number 2 starter, not a future number 2 starter?  First think, then type.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsox0426. Show redsox0426's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Ubaldo will be starting in place of Andrew Miller on Sunday in Chicago : Why are you saying it's goign to happen?  How do you know?  And why this: "he could emerge as a future #2 starter..." Don't you just mean he could become a number 2 starter, not a future number 2 starter?  First think, then type.
    Posted by OhEFFU[/QUOTE]

If he joined the rotation next week, he wouldn't be the No. 2 starter based on how he has been pitching. However, he definitely has the potential to slide into that slot by the end of the season or even next season

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

My tarot cards say they don't get him.

The ouija board however has reservations, the board keeps tipping over. Which either means we get him or I am falling asleep.

I am reading tea leaves right now, and will check back after I have read Theo's horoscope....he's what?...a Pisces or a Scorpio?

If the answer is still no good, I will roll the bones.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]My tarot cards say they don't get him. The ouija board however has reservations, the board keeps tipping over. Which either means we get him or I am falling asleep. I am reading tea leaves right now, and will check back after I have read Theo's horoscope....he's what?...a Pisces or a Scorpio? If the answer is still no good, I will roll the bones.

Mine says the Yankees throw their farm in to get Jimenez after all.  Karoda may not want to waive his "no trade" and I think the Sox end up with Bedard or Harden.  I wouldn't even be overly surprised to see the Yanks go after Harden and Jimenez if they have the right bait.  Two SP would really help their chances.

The Yankees were shut out at the "winter meetings" my bet is they want the big fish.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTJake14. Show CTJake14's posts

[QUOTE]If the answer is still no good, I will roll a bone.

ftfy

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

A FanGraphs take on trade targets, topped by Ubaldo Jimenez:

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/index.php/assorted-trade-rumor-thoughts/#more-57055

Sections
Shortcuts