Uehara named Bostons new closer

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Re: Uehara named Bostons new closer

One name that hasn't been mentioned is Morales.  I think he should be in the mix.

Stabbed by Foulke.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

jagger is quite correct. I also was very sarcastic as I believe Iglesias should have been the fulltime SS, except for the fact that Middlebrooks turned into Rob Deer at the end of his career.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from patrickford. Show patrickford's posts

One hope (?) with Bailey is that he's not fully recovered from his most recent injury and has been trying to pitch through it. Of course his injuries are hardly encouraging, but it's certainly possible he's not fit. His strike out numbers and walks indicate that. Early in the year he was lights out. Then the injury, and since then he's been awful. 

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Less than two years ago the Baltimore Orioles traded reliever Koji Uehara and cash to the Texas Rangers for corner infielder Chris Davis (.336, 27 HR, 69 RBI this year) and righthander Tommy Hunter (2.23 ERA, 0.89 WHIP, 29 G this year).

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/u/ueharko01.shtml#trans

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

In response to hill55's comment:

Less than two years ago the Baltimore Orioles traded reliever Koji Uehara and cash to the Texas Rangers for corner infielder Chris Davis (.336, 27 HR, 69 RBI this year) and righthander Tommy Hunter (2.23 ERA, 0.89 WHIP, 29 G this year).

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/u/ueharko01.shtml#trans

Wow, you'd have to say the Orioles made a smart trade there!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to crix's comment:

In response to dannycater's comment:

In response to crix's comment:

In response to dannycater's comment:

Best move since naming Drew the shortstop over Iglesias

Really?  So you're satisfied with Bailey's performance as of late?  Don't mind the constant walks and bombs?

clearly, you have no ability to comprehend.

So was it an attempt at sarcasm, or do you honestly believe that choosing Uehara over Bailey is comparable to chosing Drew over Iglesias despite one Baliey implosion after the other?   

U probably throws the most strikes and is less likely to walk batters but he isn't a long term answer, neither is Bailey or Han.  I think Miller has the best stuff but is still prone to some wildness.

Sections
Shortcuts