Uh... What Bias?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Re: Uh... What Bias?

In response to Sheriff-Rojas' comment:
    [QUOTE]

I wonder if some of the Cardinals fans are saying that McCarver and Buck are biased toward the Red Sox.

[/QUOTE]

Of course they are...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In response to maxbialystock's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I listened to them for the first time last night and couldn't hear the bias.  My big complaint is those dumb interviews while the game is being played.

[/QUOTE]

Thank you yes.

I like Buck, and McCarver doesn't bug me.

But I want to watch a baseball game, not see diminutive Ken Rosenthal and his Bowtie Du Jour..

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]

I listened to them for the first time last night and couldn't hear the bias.  My big complaint is those dumb interviews while the game is being played.

[/QUOTE]

Agreed on both counts.  Those interviews have to go.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from youkillus. Show youkillus's posts

I'll suggest another reason for all the Buck and Mccarver hate, jealousy. These guys have a very enviable job it seems, getting paid to talk about baseball, heck, we all do that for free. For anyone to suggest that Tim doesn't know what he's talking about, well, that premise is ridiculous, absurd actually. Same for Joe Buck, he's a professional, and has been around the game his whole life, and the "game" of broadcasting as well. I for one "hated" Joe Morgan, but it was more for his syntax and his player apologyzing, not for his baseball IQ. 

Sure, during the playoffs the "audience" changes, and IMO, Buck and Tim are playing just right for the situation at hand. They show up sober and prepared and do a professional grade job, what more do you want? Quit hatin'.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

The only real beef I have with Joe Buck is his 'pet phrases' that he uses over and over.

The worst one is this: every time a pitcher strands a runner or two, Buck says this: 'he 'gets around' a leadoff walk etc.'  Every single time.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Agreed on both counts.  Those interviews have to go.

[/QUOTE]

At least when they interview members of the Sox it's very short. Both Card's and Tiger interviews go on forever.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to youkillus' comment:

I'll suggest another reason for all the Buck and Mccarver hate, jealousy. These guys have a very enviable job it seems, getting paid to talk about baseball, heck, we all do that for free. For anyone to suggest that Tim doesn't know what he's talking about, well, that premise is ridiculous, absurd actually. Same for Joe Buck, he's a professional, and has been around the game his whole life, and the "game" of broadcasting as well. I for one "hated" Joe Morgan, but it was more for his syntax and his player apologyzing, not for his baseball IQ. 

Sure, during the playoffs the "audience" changes, and IMO, Buck and Tim are playing just right for the situation at hand. They show up sober and prepared and do a professional grade job, what more do you want? Quit hatin'.

Yeah, Im just eaten up with envy. Please. Let me suggest another reason for the "hate": they suck and are biased in favor of the Cardinals. Youd have to be a fool not to know it. They hide it most of the time, but it still comes through. Its who they are, they are both Cardinal alums. They wouldnt be human if they werent rooting for Stl deep inside.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Sheriff-Rojas' comment:

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Buck is actually not a bad game caller.  He has been dragged down for years by Morgan and McCarver.  I hope he gets a decent color guy after McBlahBlah lets us all mercifully off the hook and retires.  

McCarver speaks more intelligently and directly when he's away from these broadcasts.  On air for a big game, he seems to be putting on an act to appeal to a more mainsteam audience, stating more of what seems obvious to sophisticated baseball fans. I don't care for his act.  Maybe they can find a replacement that can appeal to a broader audience more seemlessly.  

[/QUOTE]

listen to yourself sheriff

U nailed it, except his ''act'' is  who he should be catering too

the young & less informed

I know stating the obvious can get very annoying ( see m kay)

but us diehards are in the minority

[/QUOTE]

GM my friend. Hope you and jete are wearing your Sox hat's tonight.

As for Tim he does dummy up his thoughts but one can't wonder if at his age it's an act or not.

Just look at how many times he has to correct himself for miss- speaking.

Even Buck has to set the record straight when Tim dishes out some of his thoughts.

What takes Tim a paragraph to explain a situation, Buck clears up in 10 words or less.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

GM HH

I agree whether it's age or just to long in the same spot

mcCarver steping down is a good idea

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Im just eaten up with envy. Please. Let me suggest another reason for the "hate": they suck and are biased in favor of the Cardinals. Youd have to be a fool not to know it. They hide it most of the time, but it still comes through. Its who they are, they are both Cardinal alums. They wouldnt be human if they werent rooting for Stl deep inside.

[/QUOTE]

Its painfully obvious who they want to win. But thats really no surprise. They seemed to wanted the Tigers to win too. Only it appeared more obvious in that series. Me, I never complain about announcers, but even my father and uncles were questioning it as well. Its there. I think in this series they are a little more conscience of it since its St.L, but it still comes through every so often.

Whatever. I just want to hear what they say when St.L loses.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from KRomine. Show KRomine's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

I don't think the biases is intentional, but you can hear it in their voices....at least to me it seems like inside they want the Cardinals to win this thing. 

It's not so much that they want the Cards to win.  I think it's more that they DON'T want the Red Sox to win.  They fawned like this over the Tigers too.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

This is the strangest part of it.  McCarver was a great player spanning generations.  He was a catcher no less.  I have no doubt that the guy knows his baseball.  But, you would never know it based on the idiotic things he says as a color commentator.  Some people are just not cut out for the booth, no matter their expertise in the field they are covering.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

This is the strangest part of it.  McCarver was a great player spanning generations.  He was a catcher no less.  I have no doubt that the guy knows his baseball.  But, you would never know it based on the idiotic things he says as a color commentator.  Some people are just not cut out for the booth, no matter their expertise in the field they are covering.

[/QUOTE]

His default statement is "he is the best I have ever seen at ______________" 

They can't all be the best Tim.........

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

In response to The4040club's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to southpaw777's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TheExaminer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Its painfully obvious who they want to win. But thats really no surprise. They seemed to wanted the Tigers to win too. Only it appeared more obvious in that series. Me, I never complain about announcers, but even my father and uncles were questioning it as well. Its there. I think in this series they are a little more conscience of it since its St.L, but it still comes through every so often.

Whatever. I just want to hear what they say when St.L loses.

[/QUOTE]

It is painfully obvious that you probably wanted Remy to do the ws.  It is not just the Boston Market watching this game.  I have already posted that if talking about the other teams annoys anyone, listen to Merloni on weei.  But even he will compliment Saint Louis.

Fox could care less who wins, the only thing they could wish for is a sixth and seventh game.  But even some died hard sox fans are glad that the sox did not sweep.

[/QUOTE]

why so grouchy jack?did you wake up with the wrong puppet on your hand?

Sections
Shortcuts