UK SOURCE:"yanks have ordered CASH to pay whatever it takes to get PRICE thru those Yankee doors!"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CommyContrarianOnTwitter. Show CommyContrarianOnTwitter's posts

UK SOURCE:"yanks have ordered CASH to pay whatever it takes to get PRICE thru those Yankee doors!"

thank gawd sox r no longer in such jabro positions. talkin another cc situation with a ridiculous a-rod type of opt-out to boot, these guys do not seem to learn much from history. They just rinse and repeat. I know a dude who's really plugged in over there, he's shocked how blatant they are.. no leverage, rays will exact a super premium boatload!

"Bringing Boston-Strong vodka to team-hating jabronis and da Comrade-Soft Kool-aid Party!"

..and that's da Bawston SPORTS bottom line for the Commy says so! COMMY COMMY COMMY COMMY COMMY CONTRARIAN, HE COMES AND GOES, HE COMES AND GOES...

Follow da Commy on Twitter: @commyCon, @commyConSox, @commyConPats, @commyConCeltics, and @CommyConImages (got any Boston sports imagery to share?)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

Re: UK SOURCE:

No Prospects. Wont happen this year, for Yanks. 2016 then, maybe. Dodgers will be in the mix.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

The Yankees will pass over the under the table money like they always do and get the player giving up their usual over hyped prospects that usually never pan put.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

yeah, some anonymous "source" would have more info on that than the NY beat guys..i suppose you can produce a link?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

The Price is not right for the Rays.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Oaklnad gave up the #9 prospect in BB, and another recent 1st rounder for Samardija and Hammels.

I'm curious what Commie thinks the NYY will be giving up for Price?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

David Price is already on record saying he will never pitch for the Yankees. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Never believe mercenaries.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Rays will never deal Price to a division foe.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

Oaklnad gave up the #9 prospect in BB, and another recent 1st rounder for Samardija and Hammels.

I'm curious what Commie thinks the NYY will be giving up for Price?

I thought I read somewhere too that he is going to be the #5 prospect in baseball Americas updated mid season rankings.

Keith Law had him at #3 this year as well.  Makes me wonder what we could get for Lackey/Doubront/Peavy

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to ThatWasMe's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Of course they WOULD, but realistically the premium is going to be higher making the scenario highly unrealistic.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to CommyContrarianOnTwitter's comment:
    [QUOTE]

thank gawd sox r no longer in such jabro positions. talkin another cc situation with a ridiculous a-rod type of opt-out to boot, these guys do not seem to learn much from history. They just rinse and repeat. I know a dude who's really plugged in over there, he's shocked how blatant they are.. no leverage, rays will exact a super premium boatload!

"Bringing Boston-Strong vodka to team-hating jabronis and da Comrade-Soft Kool-aid Party!"

..and that's da Bawston SPORTS bottom line for the Commy says so! COMMY COMMY COMMY COMMY COMMY CONTRARIAN, HE COMES AND GOES, HE COMES AND GOES...

Follow da Commy on Twitter: @commyCon, @commyConSox, @commyConPats, @commyConCeltics, and @CommyConImages (got any Boston sports imagery to share?)

[/QUOTE]

You talk like your stepping  on your lip? Don't slip on your spit..... lol lol

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

There are two things working TOWARDS the Yankees acquiring Price.

1.  Their historical willingness to part with their top prospects.

2.  That many of the remaining teams rumored to be seeking frontline starting pitching (Baltimore, Toronto, Anaheim) don't exactly boast great farm systems either.  Seattle is the new frontrunner...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

actually he backed away from that exam

I'm guessing his agent told him he can grow a beard in the winter

not that he has a choice where to be traded anyways

ironically 2 guys that do have a choice where to be traded to

c lee & cole hamels IMO R more likely to get traded 2 nyy

that's if lee gets control over his wife

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

So was Johnny Damon.  Your point?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In response to ThatWasMe's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2014/07/rays-open-to-trading-david-price-within-division.html" rel="nofollow">http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2014/07/rays-open-to-trading-david-price-within-division.html

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The way Mark Teixiera did?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The way Mark Teixiera did?

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]    Teixiera got control over Cliff Lee's wife ?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to notin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

2.  That many of the remaining teams rumored to be seeking frontline starting pitching (Baltimore, Toronto, Anaheim) don't exactly boast great farm systems either.  Seattle is the new frontrunner...

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Of course, but who could they possibly part with that the Rays would be interested in?  I doubt he goes in a package for 6 #99 prospects.  The Oakland package is probably worth the NYY top tier of prospects.  The KC package for Shields is also worth the top tier of NYY prospects.  Without Bogaerts, even the RS would have to stretch to land Price.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

He could hate NY with a passion, but still use them as a bargaining chip when the time comes.

IRT to Lee and Hamels, I agree.  There shouldn't be much competition for Lee with his age, contract, and health.  If you land one guy, that's the guy I'm hoping you land.  Hamels should cost you a couple of prospects.

The biggest issue you face is irrational owners.  LAD has way more prospects than you guys.  If they decide they need Hamels, you got no shot.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

I would not be totally shocked to see the Yankees acquire Price. Or Shields.  But Lee or Hamels is much more likely.

Stabbed by Foulke.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to notin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Of course, but who could they possibly part with that the Rays would be interested in?  I doubt he goes in a package for 6 #99 prospects.  The Oakland package is probably worth the NYY top tier of prospects.  The KC package for Shields is also worth the top tier of NYY prospects.  Without Bogaerts, even the RS would have to stretch to land Price.

[/QUOTE]

Not sure yet, but it could happen. "Could" being the operative word.  The main point here is that while the Yankees have a limited farm, so do many other teams seeking Price.  And if it comes down to a battle between offers Toronto, Baltimore andNY, if those teams don't include Sanchezorris, Gausman, Bundy types, players they usually don't move but the Yankees would - maybe the Yankee offer won't look so bad.

Right now, Seattle is a more interesting front runner for Price. They have some young pitching (Walker, Paxton, Maurer), position players (Franklin, Taylor) and a greater need since the A's just got Samardjizo and Hammel....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

This just in: Yankees trade Nuno to Arizona for Brandon McCarthy.

Stabbed by Foulke.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Two more old guys that are on the downside of their career. I'd welcome them to NY.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Follow

Mark FeinsandVerified account
    ‏@FeinsandNYDN
    Girardi said Soriano has been DFA'd