Um, who said there WASN'T anything to play for against the Yankees... EVER?!?!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

Um, who said there WASN'T anything to play for against the Yankees... EVER?!?!

http://espn.go.com/boston/mlb/story/_/id/6903426/boston-red-sox-new-york-yankees-plenty-play-for

Did I miss something?  Is winning the AL East not enough?  Is a small division lead not enough?  Is beating your biggest rival not enough?

Where did this guy get this idea for an article?  Why WOULDN'T there be anything to play for right now against ANYBODY?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Re: Um, who said there WASN'T anything to play for against the Yankees... EVER?!?!

There is everything on the line with this series... the Sox can drive the Yankees down to Rays territory with a sweep.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from moremo. Show moremo's posts

Re: Um, who said there WASN'T anything to play for against the Yankees... EVER?!?!

"Being in that situation, you definitely want to win the division," Red Sox designated hitter David Ortiz said. "You want to get to the playoffs one way or another, but winning the division is pretty cool."

"Pretty cool" indeed.

The Red Sox have reached that "winning the division" place in the sun all of one lone year in the whole of their modern days "destiny".

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

that is an important perspective... no WC no WSC. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from theYAZZER. Show theYAZZER's posts

In Response to Re: Um, who said there WASN'T anything to play for against the Yankees... EVER?!?!:
    [QUOTE]There is everything on the line with this series... the Sox can drive the Yankees down to Rays territory with a sweep.
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

and verse visa.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Yazzer you seem to be against the Sox on this series... why? We have owned them all year... why the doubt?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from theYAZZER. Show theYAZZER's posts

In Response to Re: Um, who said there WASN'T anything to play for against the Yankees... EVER?!?!:
    [QUOTE]Yazzer you seem to be against the Sox on this series... why? We have owned them all year... why the doubt?

i'm a firm believer in the 'law of averages.' both these two teams are of equal talent. when one team is way up in the series, then the 'law of averages' kicks in.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Um, who said there WASN'T anything to play for against the Yankees... EVER?!?! : i'm a firm believer in the 'law of averages.' both these two teams are of equal talent. when one team is way up in the series, then the 'law of averages' kicks in.
    Posted by theYAZZER[/QUOTE]

I agree with the law of averages.  Since the Red Sox have won most of their games  against the Yankees this season, they are bound to lose a few.  The series against the Yankees could be a disappointing one.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

susan we get it, you've posted that you believe it twice... don't forget to put your Yankees hat on before you go out in the rain.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

[QUOTE]susan you we get it, you've posted that you believe it twice... don't forget to put your Yankees hat on before you go out in the rain.

come on burrito

you are better than that

with all the crap posted here

there's no reason for calling this poster out like that

and why call her a nyyfan ?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from moremo. Show moremo's posts

Susan, it is well within reason to acknowledge that baseball seasons are marathons that tend to place the law of averages into play.

That said, the Red Sox have had their way with the Yankees this year. If the season series was more in line with the past decade plus of results, the Sox would be trailing the Yankees in the standings by a huge margin.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Um, who said there WASN'T anything to play for against the Yankees... EVER?!?! : come on burrito you are better than that with all the crap posted here there's no reason for calling this poster out like that and why call her a nyyfan ?
    Posted by pinstripezac32[/QUOTE]

If my remark is what passes as being beligernet to another poster than this forum is already lost, no retraction on my part for a harmless remark.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Um, who said there WASN'T anything to play for against the Yankees... EVER?!?! : If my remark is what passes as being beligernet to another poster than this forum is already lost, no retraction on my part for a harmless remark.

harmless remark ?

how would you like it if some one called you a nyy fan ;-)

I guess I was wrong ,

I thought you were better than  calling  out a poster who as far as I know

has always behaved kindly

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from theYAZZER. Show theYAZZER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Um, who said there WASN'T anything to play for against the Yankees... EVER?!?! :   harmless remark ? how would you like it if some one called you a nyy fan ;-) I guess I was wrong , I thought you were better than  calling  out a poster who as far as I know has always behaved kindly
    Posted by pinstripezac32[/QUOTE]

yes indeed;

susan is like yoshimi and/or a female jete.
    she, like me, always behaves well on this board.
    well, maybe, not like me.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenwellforpresident. Show greenwellforpresident's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Um, who said there WASN'T anything to play for against the Yankees... EVER?!?! : i'm a firm believer in the 'law of averages.' both these two teams are of equal talent. when one team is way up in the series, then the 'law of averages' kicks in.
    Posted by theYAZZER[/QUOTE]

Sorry, this is completely false.  There is no 'law of averages' that claims this.
    But, if you want to use the false notion to justify your negativity, feel free.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

There are times or series that just defy the law of averages, think Montreal Boston in hockey during the 70's and 80's. Lakers, Celtics pre 80's. Sometimes teams just match-up better which is the case with Sox, Yankees. New Yorks RH pitching staff is ill-suited for lefty dominated line-up of Sox, and CC problems only exacerbate the situation the Yankees find themselves in. IMO the best the Yanks can hope for with their six games left with the Sox is a split, which bodes well for the Sox winning the division.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from theYAZZER. Show theYAZZER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Um, who said there WASN'T anything to play for against the Yankees... EVER?!?! : Sorry, this is completely false.  There is no 'law of averages' that claims this. But, if you want to use the false notion to justify your negativity, feel free.
    Posted by greenwellforpresident[/QUOTE]

thank you for your permission, all-knowing-one.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

hilarious.... I think. Maybe not, who can say.

Sections
Shortcuts