Umpires are killing this team

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Re: Umpires are killing this team

The Generals beat the Globetrotters in a game once, the fans went home and cried. They never let that happen again. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In Response to Re: Umpires are killing this team:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Umpires are killing this team : Anytime someone disagrees with you they are accused of being a Yankee fan. By far the majority of your posts are pointing the finger at other posters. Fortunately, most of the posters here are knowledgeable about baseball and their posts are baseball related not consistently accusatory. You seem to point the finger far too much. Next time you are looking for a Yankee fan, try looking in the mirror.
    Posted by jrh1194[/QUOTE]

I've had your number for as long as I can remember, jr. And yet again, you come to a thread arguing as a Yankee fan would. Now that I think about it, you've probably also been Mikey all along.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Umpires are killing this team : I mentioned this a while back, after seeing four or five calls go against Jon and Josh ... and then they tried to pitch to the smaller zone, only to have a couple of gopher balls served up.  Instead of an out to end the inning, Jon got bombed.   But as MadM says a little lower, and as SteveNH pointed out, there has been inconsistancy on both sieds and with severral clubs.  I saw a couple of above the knee, middle plate pitches to the Jays that were inexcusible (earlier not last night) ... and that is about the time I decided to stop complaining as hurting the Sox alone.  TERRBLE calls ...  ((K zone references showed the errors)) Simply, it's a some, some, some situation. Some teams get hurt.  Some players get hurt.  Some refs/umps need really good glasses.
    Posted by SinceYaz[/QUOTE]

They've been especially hard on Lester and Beckett this season IMO. The reason so many players are getting so many hits off them is because they are forced to throw the ball right down the middle in order to get a strike call.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]Some three-year strikezone analyses were done after the 2010 season: http://www.beyondtheboxscore.com/2011/2/2/1969633/benefit-of-the-doubt-a-tale-of-two-hernandezes http://www.beyondtheboxscore.com/2010/11/17/1819107/benefit-of-the-doubt-starters-who-get-the-wide-zone http://www.beyondtheboxscore.com/2010/11/24/1831373/benefit-of-the-doubt-pitchers-who-were-squeezed http://www.beyondtheboxscore.com/2010/11/24/1831373/benefit-of-the-doubt-pitchers-who-were-squeezed
    Posted by hill55[/QUOTE]

Which means absolutely nothing in 2012 after the season ended so drastically in 2011. This is the year of the Lester and Beckett new strike zone. My guess is that the umps might have been in question last season, and this may be the after effect of that.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from teilhardian. Show teilhardian's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Umpires are killing this team : They've been especially hard on Lester and Beckett this season IMO. The reason so many players are getting so many hits off them is because they are forced to throw the ball right down the middle in order to get a strike call.
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]
    I think something needs to be done by the MLB bigwigs given the way the umpires have been ganging up on Lester and Beckett and forcing them to throw the ball right down the middle of the plate.  It is really shameful and shameless.... 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]                   I've been watching the Yanks vs A's on late night TV the past three games. All won by the A's. All one run ball games. All decided at the end. All exciting games. YES Network doesn't replay ball and strike calls like NESN does.  No replay. The Ump makes his call, the players adjust or don't adjust to the Umps strike zone and the game moves on.Last nights crew was Kay and Cone. The game was over in 3 Hrs. The Amica pitch Zone is killing this team. It only creates anxiety and controversy and should not be used.Orsillo and Remy need it because they can't fill in the dead space with baseball knowledge, stories or anectdotal baseball information. With Orsillo it's understandable, he has a non baseball background. He never played. With Remy it's different. He has a baseball background. He did play.He should be able to do more when opposing teams come to town. Get an interview with a member of the coaching staff, talk a little shop, who's hot who's not.. that kind of stuff. 
    Posted by eggplants[/QUOTE]

Nice that you're catching your team on late night TV in between posting here.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Umpires are killing this team : No, that is actually more relevant.  It shows a lack of discipline, straying away from fitness and athleticism in the middle of a pennant race is not good and it may have had an effect.
    Posted by Harpua710[/QUOTE]

You know what, Mikey? I can't imagine what a mess someone's life must be when they continue to obsess about another team's beer drinking. And not only do you obsess about it on a Sox board, but you do it with 1,000 different aliases. Is there really NOTHING else you could be doing with your time?

I honestly don't understand why BDC allows you to do it. We could certainly do without the millions of political arguments you start on the board along with all the doom and gloom threads. Is this really your whole life?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from teilhardian. Show teilhardian's posts

It truly blows my mind the way people who spend half their life in here have no problem accusing other people of spending half their life in here...Let me see, if you feel empowered to police other people's behavior, you do not have to look at your own? Makes sense...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Where've you been so long, honey?

(JK; I only said that to give Burrito or whatever he calls himself these days a cheap thrill)

Check out my youtube link on this thread; I know it's from the 50s, but I like old movies, old music, etc. (Maybe because I am)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]Where've you been so long, honey? (JK; I only said that to give Burrito or whatever he calls himself these days a cheap thrill) Check out my youtube link on this thread; I know it's from the 50s, but I like old movies, old music, etc. (Maybe because I am)
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

Burrito is a bubblehead. Or is it Enchilada? Or ham sandwich? I can't keep track. I never click on the links, so you'll have to tell me what it is.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Umpires are killing this team : Burrito is a bubblehead. Or is it Enchilada? Or ham sandwich? I can't keep track. I never click on the links, so you'll have to tell me what it is.

Lucille Ball, Desi Arnaz, & Bob Hope, dressed up as Umps, doing a song & dance called

"Nobody Loves The Ump"

Bubblehead is a good description; Eventually he'll call himself Chimichanga; I just hope he never goes greek.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Umpires are killing this team : Lucille Ball, Desi Arnaz, & Bob Hope, dressed up as Umps, doing a song & dance called "Nobody Loves The Ump" Bubblehead is a good description; Eventually he'll call himself Chimichanga; I just hope he never goes greek.
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

I'd join in that dance if it were happening today. It's funny that JBay was obsessed with Pike's aliases, and now that Mikey has 1,000 -- and none of them have been banned like Pike's -- JBay is still in love with him. Burrito also was very vocal about it, and now he has numerous aliases. You gotta love this board.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Umpires are killing this team : I've had your number for as long as I can remember, jr. And yet again, you come to a thread arguing as a Yankee fan would. Now that I think about it, you've probably also been Mikey all along.
    There you go again obsessed with aliases as always.  I have your number too Yankee fan. Try discussing baseball for a change.....If you can.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

I absolutely hate this attitude, and it's really everything that's wrong with this team. The Red Sox will have calls go against them that shouldn't in each and every game. The Sox will also have calls in their favor that probably shouldn't in each and every game...that's the beauty and most frustrating thing in baseball...there's a lot of human error from the umps. But it's not like it's directed at the Sox more than other teams, and it's not something they should be able to use as an excuse for their results.

The "poor us" mentality that this team gives off is the reason they're losing. The 04 team took that and used it as fuel...that guy made a bad call and I was out at first..ok, this time I'll knock it off the wall and they won't have a call to make.
    I also can't stand the way they blame the media and fans for piling on guys. It's Boston...it's going to happen. But instead of coming out and pouting that the media is mean to you how about you do what guys like Lowell and (I know he's a fan favorite) JD Drew did in 04 and go on a tear when it matters.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

You don't need an interview to see what someone is feeling...body language speaks volumes. Hunched shoulders...visible pouting and whining (on the field). My sources are my eyes. Pedroia and Ross are grinders who keep going out and fighting...perhapse that's why they're really the only ones speaking.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Umpires are killing this team : There you go again obsessed with aliases as always.  I have your number too Yankee fan. Try discussing baseball for a change.....If you can.

Drives you crazy doesn't it? I'm sure you'd much rather be just posting all over the board as Sox fans with no one questioning it. Oh, well. Too bad for you.

And jsyk, you shouldn't use the same lines like "try discussing baseball for a change" under your aliases, Mikey. It gives you away.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Umpires are killing this team : Typical Yankee fan hiding behind accusations. Keep on attacking others that is all you can do.
    Posted by jrh1194[/QUOTE

If I'm a Yankee fan, you should try to post more like I do here. I would love it if all the Yankee aliases like you would post like me.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Umpires are killing this team : If I'm a Yankee fan, you should try to post more like I do here. I would love it if all the Yankee aliases like you would post like me.

Spoken as the biggest Yankee alias of them all.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fenwayjimy. Show Fenwayjimy's posts

JMH, I'm new here. Are you a Yankee fan?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Umpires are killing this team : Spoken as the biggest Yankee alias of them all.

Sorry, but if she's a Yankee fan, there's something wrong with the universe.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Umpires are killing this team : Spoken as the biggest Yankee alias of them all.

I seriously doubt it. If she's a yankee fan, she deserves an academy award for best actor on the forum.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Umpires are killing this team : I seriously doubt it. If she's a yankee fan, she deserves an academy award for best actor on the forum.
    Posted by MikeNagy[/QUOTE]

Consider her nominated.

Sections
Shortcuts