Umpires are killing this team

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SmileybeniTheFool. Show SmileybeniTheFool's posts

Re: Umpires are killing this team

In Response to; Umpires are killing this team:
    [QUOTE]Anyone who says balls and strikes don't matter and the team should win anyway, well Albers got the strikeout that wasn't called which led to two runs. That changes the game. Every call they make changes the game. If we're out of the inning, who knows how the pitching will go and who would have been pitching. The umpire even called a strike and a ball for the exact same pitch. And I think they were back-to-back, so it's not about an umpire's strike zone. And he won't even have to answer for that along with all the other bad calls in the game. There needs to be a change made. It's 2012. There's no need to leave it to individual eye sight -- or lack of. And great game today by Clay. It was a pitcher's duel for a while, and with David Price no less. Well done.
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SmileybeniTheFool. Show SmileybeniTheFool's posts

[QUOTE]Anyone who says balls and strikes don't matter and the team should win anyway, well Albers got the strikeout that wasn't called which led to two runs. That changes the game. Every call they make changes the game. If we're out of the inning, who knows how the pitching will go and who would have been pitching. The umpire even called a strike and a ball for the exact same pitch. And I think they were back-to-back, so it's not about an umpire's strike zone. And he won't even have to answer for that along with all the other bad calls in the game. There needs to be a change made. It's 2012. There's no need to leave it to individual eye sight -- or lack of. And great game today by Clay. It was a pitcher's duel for a while, and with David Price no less. Well done.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SmileybeniTheFool. Show SmileybeniTheFool's posts

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

It's just my opinion but I don't think whoever Law was is currently on this board. As someone else has stated, Law had a very intentional way of expressing himself that was unmistakable. "Theo chicks" was his calling card and he was unable to hold himself back from using that telltale phrase in rants. 

I don't recognize anyone with his type of approach here. As for Kim Says This being Pike, I'm not so sure. Kim Says This is very different than Pike. Kim is much more interactive in her style. Pike rarely gets into a back and forth with anyone. Pike has a very distinct minimalist writing style and Kim is much more verbose. If Pike is Kim or vice versa it is a masterpiece of persona creation. I tend to always recognize Pike's style between his screen names and I don't see that in Kim's style. 

p.s. also one difference between the two - Pike is many things but he is not a poor sport who whines about the officials when the Sox lose to the Yankees. He's more likely to shine a penny as in recently where he said "Carl Crawford is playing great." It will be great to revisit Crawford more than a year from now when he returns....

I can't really comment on Mikey's antics but it does seem like he's been upfront about which persona he currently inhabits.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SmileybeniTheFool. Show SmileybeniTheFool's posts

In response to kimsaysthis' comment:;
    [QUOTE]

Anyone who says balls and strikes don't matter and the team should win anyway, well Albers got the strikeout that wasn't called which led to two runs. That changes the game. Every call they make changes the game. If we're out of the inning, who knows how the pitching will go and who would have been pitching.

The umpire even called a strike and a ball for the exact same pitch. And I think they were back-to-back, so it's not about an umpire's strike zone. And he won't even have to answer for that along with all the other bad calls in the game.

There needs to be a change made. It's 2012. There's no need to leave it to individual eye sight -- or lack of.

And great game today by Clay. It was a pitcher's duel for a while, and with David Price no less. Well done.

[/QUOTE]

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SmileybeniTheFool. Show SmileybeniTheFool's posts

In response to kimsaysthis' comment:;
    [QUOTE]

Anyone who says balls and strikes don't matter and the team should win anyway, well Albers got the strikeout that wasn't called which led to two runs. That changes the game. Every call they make changes the game. If we're out of the inning, who knows how the pitching will go and who would have been pitching.

The umpire even called a strike and a ball for the exact same pitch. And I think they were back-to-back, so it's not about an umpire's strike zone. And he won't even have to answer for that along with all the other bad calls in the game.

There needs to be a change made. It's 2012. There's no need to leave it to individual eye sight -- or lack of.

And great game today by Clay. It was a pitcher's duel for a while, and with David Price no less. Well done.

[/QUOTE]

Sections
Shortcuts