Umpires need eye exams

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

Umpires need eye exams

I am not blaming the Sox record on any umpires calls.  They have themselves to blame.  But, after watching a lot of major league baseball games I have come to the conclusion that some of these guys either need their eyes examined or they are just horrible umpires.  Country Joe West missed so many calls the other night it was unbelieveable and the guy last night was just as bad.  They must be closing their eyes.  And don't even get me started on Dale Scott.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

Re: Umpires need eye exams

yeah I woulda thought they would have had there eyes tested

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

then that explains it, by the looks of some of the umpires;)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In Response to Re: Umpires need eye exams:
    [QUOTE]then that explains it, by the looks of some of the umpires;)
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]J, you guys BETTER NOT  be talking about Joe West...or else you'll get an angry letter from his publicist....Tongue out

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DeweyBoston4. Show DeweyBoston4's posts

Hi guys.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SleeStack1. Show SleeStack1's posts

Some poor calls are indeed maddening.  I only hope the bad calls equal out for both teams on any given night.

I don't have an issue with some umps marginally shortening or widening the strike zone, but inconsistent calls from pitch to pitch are unacceptable.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

The umpires are using PED's which cause problems with vision.

But these PED's are for Power Eating Diets.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

I think umpiring is difficult.  For starters, standing behind home plate with 90 mph missiles headed your way.  Plus the catcher blocks your view of home plate.  If you stay on the inside corner, which I think all umps do, you don't have a good view of the outside corner.  And the lower part of the strike zone is also blocked by the catcher.  The pitcher and catcher can see the plate much better than you--and, really, so can the batter, to say nothing of millions of TV watchers. 

Out in the field the problem, it seems to me, is just staying alert.  A four hour Yankees-Red Sox game might have a grand total of 5 minutes of real action, and you have to be ready, sometimes, to make tough calls.  If you're on 1B or 3B, you also get called on to decide if the batter actually swung. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joeyff. Show Joeyff's posts

In Response to Umpires need eye exams:
    [QUOTE]I am not blaming the Sox record on any umpires calls.  They have themselves to blame.  But, after watching a lot of major league baseball games I have come to the conclusion that some of these guys either need their eyes examined or they are just horrible umpires.  Country Joe West missed so many calls the other night it was unbelieveable and the guy last night was just as bad.  They must be closing their eyes.  And don't even get me started on Dale Scott.
    Posted by splendidsplinterteddyballgame[/QUOTE]

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joeyff. Show Joeyff's posts

I am convinced that Joe West thinks that people fork over big money not to
    see the players perform, but to see him umpire. Most games you don't know
    who the umpires are, but Joe West is always drawing attention to himself.
    He wants to be the star of his own movie.
    Angel Hernandez is just awful and to have these two gentlemen in the same
    crew is a travesty. Aren't umpires evaluated periodically and isn't it
    a red flag when these two guys have been involved in SO MANY controversial
    plays?