Undercover Work

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Undercover Work

Secret Agent Man

There's a man who leads a life of danger.
    To everyone he meets he stays a stranger.
    With every move he makes, another chance he takes.
    Odds are he won't live to see tomorrow.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Re: Undercover Work

Yes, it's time we organize our recourses and hire a real private investigator. It's a dirty job, for sure! But someone's gotta do it.
    There has been a leak from a certain roof. It's been discovered...

SSShhhhhhhhhhhhh

It's been discovered that the someone on this board has leaked info to the press that the players were...you know. He/she tried to use a stoolie and infiltrate him/her/it into the FO, but the stools were too loose. That didn't wash.

The media got wind of this and...well, you know the rest.
    Now an investigator must be hired. Who do you think is up to it?
    Keep in mind:

Secret agent man
    Secret agent man
    They've given you a number,
    and taken away your name.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

PPssssssssst: Here's a lead for whoever you feel is right for the job:

We need to trade all three of the stooges ASAP...

posted at 10/18/2011 6:46 PM EDT
    First: 4/9/2009
    Last: 10/18/2011

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Nice choice!

Here's more...

Sickens me to see this type of activity on our beloved board.
    Looks like Geo is...wait!

More coming in from the teletype. It seems BILL806 and his dad
    SSShhhhhhh

His dad really was a ventriloquist, so everything he ever posted is suspect. I'm not even sure is politics are right!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Whoever the board decides to hire - to spy amongst ourselves - heed this warning!

Beware of pretty faces that you find.
    A pretty face can hide an evil mind.
    Oh, be careful what you say. You'll give yourself away.
    Odds are you won't live to see tomorrow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=6iaR3WO71j4

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

Years ago I saw a standup in a Boston comedy club replace the words, "Secret Agent Man" with "Mass Pike Tollbooth Man."  Now I can't get that freakin' song with replacement lyrics out of my head. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

In Response to Re: Undercover Work:
    [QUOTE]Years ago I saw a standup in a Boston comedy club replace the words, "Secret Agent Man" with "Mass Pike Tollbooth Man."  Now I can't get that freakin' song with replacement lyrics out of my head. 
    Posted by Sheriff-Rojas[/QUOTE]

I'm afraid the technology being applied by the plant is greater than first anticipated.

Has anybody seen LAW lately???

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Our detective-to-be will require some confirmation.
    Which one is AndrewBitch?

Rocky Horror Picture Show (Still Color Photo)      

Rocky Horror Picture Show (Still B&W Photo #RH-15)

And did Pike take those shots?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOUKILLUS20. Show YOUKILLUS20's posts

Nice progression on your journey to the truth. You started with Hohler is a ** who printed LIES! LIES! DAMN LIES AND STATISTICS! Now, you're searching for the mole who spoke the truth, and yes the truth shall set you free.
     Cue Hankwilliams' "I saw the Light".

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pekNHCgDWrw

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE] Nice progression on your journey to the truth. You started with Hohler is a ** who printed LIES! LIES! DAMN LIES AND STATISTICS! Now, you're searching for the mole who spoke the truth, and yes the truth shall set you free.  Cue Hankwilliams' "I saw the Light".
    Posted by YOUKILLUS20[/QUOTE]

Correction: Now the search is on for the mole who planted all the fabrications!

Here are the top 10 most wanted from the FBI.

"Sources" from the Sheriff's office indicate one of these men might be posing as ADG. Of course, in horse circles, ADG stands for Ansil, the Dongless Gelding.
    However, on this site, ADG is:

A debbie-downer
    who never sees the top.
    Posts with one foot in the grave
    waits for the other shoe to drop.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

Nice progression on your journey to the truth. You started with Hohler is a ** who printed LIES! LIES! DAMN LIES AND STATISTICS! Now, you're searching for the mole who spoke the truth, and yes the truth shall set you free.
    Cue Hankwilliams' "I saw the Light".

Very witty, Youk. Harness is going to cry if Jason isn't given another welfare contract.   

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

The mole was a member of the "Canvas Alley" ground crew who had a friend who swabbed the floors of the shower room and they both knew the the guy who ordered the mustard and Fenway Franks They all got fired. They are getting their retribution.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]The mole was a member of the "Canvas Alley" ground crewwho had a friend who swabbed the floors of the shower room and they both knew the the guy who ordered the mustard and Fenway Franks They all got fired. They are getting their retribution.
    Posted by UticaClub[/QUOTE]

Very interesting. Do you think you could pick him out of a line-up?

If so, please contact:

16. It may be 45 years and 37 chins later, but he was kind enough to accept the board's offer...

Budgets are tight this year.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

Harness has the crack pipe out, again.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

I do believe we find our mole! Softone!!!

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Goofywocky. Show Goofywocky's posts

The roadstuh mannux car, over the top, totally:

And whoever fingers the mole with proof might just be driving...

• You have chosen to ignore posts from YOUKILLUS20. Show YOUKILLUS20's posts

[QUOTE]Nice progression on your journey to the truth. You started with Hohler is a ** who printed LIES! LIES! DAMN LIES AND STATISTICS! Now, you're searching for the mole who spoke the truth, and yes the truth shall set you free. Cue Hankwilliams' "I saw the Light".           Very witty, Youk. Harness is going to cry if Jason isn't given another welfare contract.   
    Posted by hankwilliams[/QUOTE]

I get a sense that the last two surviivng members of the Varitek/Ricky Nelson fan club are avoiding the reality of their own mortality. As if when Jason is gone, they move a step closer to their own inevitable end. JV stands in the way of youth and progress, the unwritten heroic moments of Lavarnway are beginning to accumulate in the clowds, I can see them yet. The rain will start soon enough and the reign shall end. LOOK!  I see Pudge Fisk waiving to his right as he looks left, pushing Varitek off the stage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3cADKYFQyQ&feature=related

As an ex-catcher, Youk, you know the meaning of how catchers affect pitchers, unlike the banned wonder. Until Tek can no longer be serviceable in this area (and he was again quite good in 2011) or until they find a catcher who is gonna get more out of the pitching staff, it makes no sense not to bring Tek back at low cost.

The numbers from the pitchers with and w/o Tek remain startling.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from YOUKILLUS20. Show YOUKILLUS20's posts

[QUOTE]As an ex-catcher, Youk , you know the meaning of how catchers affect pitchers, unlike the banned wonder. Until Tek can no longer be serviceable in this area (and he was again quite good in 2011) or until they find a catcher who is gonna get more out of the pitching staff, it makes no sense not to bring Tek back at low cost. The numbers from the pitchers with and w/o Tek remain startling.
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

I think it's time to move on. I stopped playing even though I was still servicable, the effort vs. the result was out of balance see. This is where we are with Jason. It's not plausible that he performs better next year, in fact it's more likely that he contributes less. I have great respect for Mike Mussina, he retired at age 39, with a 20-9 record 3.37 ERA in 2008. He respected the game and walked away on top with a .638 winning percentage. I suspect that his devotion to his craft is predicated on his divorce settlement, he's taken a big haircut on his disposable income, if some other team wants to throw him a bone, OK, and he can take Heidi with him too.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Undercover Work :  I think it's time to move on.

His numbers with the pitching staff say otherwise. Team played .667 ball with Tek catching. Below .500 otherwise.
    I don't advocate replacing players until they can be replaced.

I stopped playing even though I was still servicable, the effort vs. the result was out of balance see. This is where we are with Jason. It's not plausible that he performs better next year, in fact it's more likely that he contributes less. I have great respect for Mike Mussina, he retired at age 39, with a 20-9 record 3.37 ERA in 2008. He respected the game and walked away on top with a .638 winning percentage. I suspect that his devotion to his craft is predicated on his divorce settlement, he's taken a big haircut on his disposable income, if some other team wants to throw him a bone, OK, and he can take Heidi with him too.
    Posted by YOUKILLUS20

Oh, I'd say he could walk away w/o financial concerns. He loves the game. That's why he still plays. After what he's made, I doubt another 1-2 mil a year is gonna alter the financial landscape to any great degree.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Undercover Work :  I think it's time to move on. I stopped playing even though I was still servicable, the effort vs. the result was out of balance see. This is where we are with Jason. It's not plausible that he performs better next year, in fact it's more likely that he contributes less. I have great respect for Mike Mussina, he retired at age 39, with a 20-9 record 3.37 ERA in 2008. He respected the game and walked away on top with a .638 winning percentage. I suspect that his devotion to his craft is predicated on his divorce settlement, he's taken a big haircut on his disposable income, if some other team wants to throw him a bone, OK, and he can take Heidi with him too.
    Posted by YOUKILLUS20[/QUOTE]
    I have no problem with athletes who want to play as long as they can. People in othe professions can do what they love for 40 years or so. An athlete's shelf life is short, so I have no problem with an athlete wanting to know that when they hung it up they had nothing left.

I have great respect for guys like Tek, Bob Boone, in other sports Robert Parrish (these three off the top of my head; there are many mroe examples) -- guys who were once starters and even All-Stars -- in Parrish's case a future Hall of Famer -- who put their ego aside to become role players at the end of their careers.

Yes, Roy, but more importantly, do ya think Mike Connors can still get the job done? He might just leave one of us that great car in is will!!!

• Sections
    Shortcuts