Unfortunately, We are stuck with Stephen Drew, #7, at Short

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Unfortunately, We are stuck with Stephen Drew, #7, at Short

Signings like Drew where he has to play because of the salary are awful. If he slumps really badly, what can they do? Send Ciriaco down so they can bring Iglesias up? It was $9.5M that did not have to be spent.

Period.

And lastly, I'm tired of watching players named Drew who wear uniform #7.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Re: Unfortunately, We are stuck with Stephen Drew, #7, at Short

He is going to produce more than Iglesias and that is pretty much a given.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

ADG has already made up his mind based on his name.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsGnome. Show PatsGnome's posts

I guarantee the Red Sox will lose several more games because of Stephen Drew's defense than they will win because of his offense.  I watched a ball go past Drew last night, the 10th, that Iglesias would have reached.  He would not have been able to get the out, but the runners would not have been able to advance more than one base.

Iglesias should have stayed the starter, but Drew will prove Iglesias supporters are correct and the Red Sox wrong.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to PatsGnome's comment:

I guarantee the Red Sox will lose several more games because of Stephen Drew's defense than they will win because of his offense.  I watched a ball go past Drew last night, the 10th, that Iglesias would have reached.  He would not have been able to get the out, but the runners would not have been able to advance more than one base.

Iglesias should have stayed the starter, but Drew will prove Iglesias supporters are correct and the Red Sox wrong.

really? he already has made to great plays.One last night on a grounder in the hole and a nice spinning throw to 2nd to end an inning. you havent a clue

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

Not a given.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to Schumpeters-Ghost's comment:

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

Not a given.

Yeah it is.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

It's not a given - that is ridiculous,

drew is very capable of batting .209 and getting hurt every week.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

No offense meant but Drew couldn't hold Iggy's jock on defense he looked just like Scrubtaro this evening! Also he obviously took non swinging lessons from Nancy. Give me 9 Iggy's at least they try...... Jim joyce swallows!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Drew got on base 3 times tonight what a terrible night. 

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimedfred. Show jimedfred's posts

In response to ADG's comment:

Signings like Drew where he has to play because of the salary are awful. If he slumps really badly, what can they do? Send Ciriaco down so they can bring Iglesias up? It was $9.5M that did not have to be spent.

Period.

And lastly, I'm tired of watching players named Drew who wear uniform #7.

So the shortstop with the .761 career OPS shouldn't play and the one with the .541 should play because of your irrational confusion between two brothers ?m

I'mm  a fan

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

Unfortunately, We are stuck with ADG at Short Sighted.  

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I'm a fan also and no offense to you folks who think Drew is a good SS. He's an adequate SS. Who uses the Drew family hitting theory don't swing unless you have to. Drew had a single in the ninth tonight. Iggy had a HR! Pawtucket won and The Red Sox lost! You do the math.....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:

I'm a fan also and no offense to you folks who think Drew is a good SS. He's an adequate SS. Who uses the Drew family hitting theory don't swing unless you have to. Drew had a single in the ninth tonight. Iggy had a HR! Pawtucket won and The Red Sox lost! You do the math.....

I'm implying from your math that one home run for Pawtucket in April vs. one single for the big club makes Iggy the superior shortstop.  I guess it's a new form of Sabermetrics that's under the radar and not yet discovered by the Red Sox think tanks.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to Sheriff-Rojas' comment:

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:

I'm implying from your math that one home run for Pawtucket in April vs. one single for the big club makes Iggy the superior shortstop.  I guess it's a new form of Sabermetrics that's under the radar and not yet discovered by the Red Sox think tanks.  

using softlaw logic one can conclude that the only reason Iggy hit that HR is because papi was batting behind him....

25. This post has been removed.