Unfortunately, We are stuck with Stephen Drew, #7, at Short

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Re: Unfortunately, We are stuck with Stephen Drew, #7, at Short

Our bottom 4 hitters today are now under .206, but I guess Drew is to blame.... or maybe it's still Beckett's fault.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from igotgyroballs. Show igotgyroballs's posts

While I think its valid for you to point out the shortcommings of Gomes, Middlebrooks etc....this thread is about Drew and we HAVE a better option than him

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lasitter. Show lasitter's posts

How many games do we let slip away in an effort to prove that he's worth something in a trade?

Some of these games need just one clutch hit to go from "L" to "W" ... like today's game!

I know we can't win them all, but do we lose them when a third of the starting lineup can't hit it's weight?

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

Our bottom 4 hitters today are now under .206, but I guess Drew is to blame.... or maybe it's still Beckett's fault.

Can't chalk it up to inexperience and learning how to adjust. S. Drew is 100% to blame for this:

BA .100   OBP  .206  SLG .133  OPS .339

Managment paid him 10 million to come in and provide slugging at SS, because it sure wasn't for defense!

You can chalk it up to stats over 30 PAs being absolutely meaningless.  I think you said so yourself just hours ago.  The bottom line is until Iglesias proves otherwise over a significant sample size, a bad year from Drew offensively is still much better than a good year from Iglesias.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

You can chalk it up to stats over 30 PAs being absolutely meaningless.  I think you said so yourself just hours ago.  The bottom line is until Iglesias proves otherwise over a significant sample size, a bad year from Drew offensively is still much better than a good year from Iglesias.

your daily existence must be very hard with this type of logic guiding your actions...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

In response to georom4's comment:

In response to slomag's comment:

Can't chalk it up to inexperience and learning how to adjust. S. Drew is 100% to blame for this:

Managment paid him 10 million to come in and provide slugging at SS, because it sure wasn't for defense!

your daily existence must be very hard with this type of logic guiding your daily actions...

In my world, .657 OPS in the majors is better than .624 at AAA.  Not sure which world you're on.

That .657 came in pitcher's parks the year of his return from injury.  There's no reason to believe Drew will struggle at the plate for the season.  Fans like you are just more interested in the flavor of the month than fielding the best ball club.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

your daily existence must be very hard with this type of logic guiding your daily actions...

In my world, .657 OPS in the majors is better than .624 at AAA.  Not sure which world you're on.

That .657 came in pitcher's parks the year of his return from injury.  There's no reason to believe Drew will struggle at the plate for the season.  Fans like you are just more interested in the flavor of the month than fielding the best ball club.

he's hardly one to be chastizing others on logic anyway..... he's the type of idiot that doesn't allow facts to get in the way of an ol' fashioned whinefest.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

he's hardly one to be chastizing others on logic anyway..... he's the type of idiot that doesn't allow facts to get in the way of an ol' fashioned whinefest.

why not just compare the numbers of their performance in 2013 with the sox? you dishonest salami....

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

why not just compare the numbers of their performance in 2013 with the sox? you dishonest salami....

Geo got schooled again and cant handle it as usual..Just like when you were schoold on the age Sox players are brought up...Sorry, but Drew in a bad year coming off an injury is better than Iggy in a good year at AAA. I could care less about Iggys few games this year on the Sox. He hit a few squibbers for IF hits and only 4 found the OF. none in the air. His 7% line drive rate would have NEVER lasted in MLB. Drew will hit. At least he has a proven track record of it in MLB that none of you bozos can deny without skewing the stats...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Just amazing how these threads appear so early into the season.  Drew has been fine in the field--no errors, but more chances/game than Iglesias had, and been part of 8 double plays to Iglesias's 3.  His hitting stinks, but he missed most of ST and we are still in April, which is way too soon to decide on whether he has lost his stroke. 

As much as I like Iglesias, I too would be nervous about turning over the SS position to him when Drew is already paid for.  The FO signed him only after Iglesias had abundant opportunities last fall to show he belonged in MLB.  So they hedged their bet with a one year contract.  This season is very young and needs to play out at least another month before deciding whether Iglesias needs to return. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

Why not just give Chris Davis the triple-crown right now to save time?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to maxbialystock's comment:

Just amazing how these threads appear so early into the season.  Drew has been fine in the field--no errors, but more chances/game than Iglesias had, and been part of 8 double plays to Iglesias's 3.  His hitting stinks, but he missed most of ST and we are still in April, which is way too soon to decide on whether he has lost his stroke. 

As much as I like Iglesias, I too would be nervous about turning over the SS position to him when Drew is already paid for.  The FO signed him only after Iglesias had abundant opportunities last fall to show he belonged in MLB.  So they hedged their bet with a one year contract.  This season is very young and needs to play out at least another month before deciding whether Iglesias needs to return. 

"Abundant opportunities" in the fall?

He got 77 PAs last year.

I'm glad they didn't use a 77 PA barometer on Pedey when he got his "abundant opportunity".

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In response to ConanObrien's comment:

Iggy batting 200 down on the farm.

How is that logic working for you.

whiner.

Irrelevent. Use the data at the major league level so far this year. How did Iggy perform relative to Drew. Do you even have eyes? Have you watched Drew?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

In response to ADG's comment:

whiner.

Irrelevent. Use the data at the major league level so far this year. How did Iggy perform relative to Drew. Do you even have eyes? Have you watched Drew?

Six games is not data.  If you flip a coin twice and both times it lands on heads, you don't necessarily have a two-headed coin.

If Iglesias can hit at the MLB level, then he can hit at the AAA level.  If he can't then you'll be crying for Xander Bogaerts to start within 2 months.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

whiner.

Six games is not data.  If you flip a coin twice and both times it lands on heads, you don't necessarily have a two-headed coin.

If Iglesias can hit at the MLB level, then he can hit at the AAA level.  If he can't then you'll be crying for Xander Bogaerts to start within 2 months.

And Drew's sample size gets bigger and bigger. 4 for 36, 13K's, OPS of .368
    And so does Iglesias, .262 / 2HR / 8 RBI.

Drew does have a double though.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Do you honestly think Iggy is a better hitter than Drew right now?

Do you honestly think Iggy will have better offensive numbers than Drew by season's end?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

whiner.

You don't have to wait for Drew's sample size to grow - for some reason you're disregarding the 3500 PAs prior to this season. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

Do you honestly think Iggy is a better hitter than Drew right now?

Do you honestly think Iggy will have better offensive numbers than Drew by season's end?

Right now, if you take into account both offense and defense, who is the better player? Right now?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

whiner.

You don't have to wait for Drew's sample size to grow - for some reason you're disregarding the 3500 PAs prior to this season. 

He's hitting .231 since 20111.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

whiner.

nice...lets use stats when he was injured...classic...try using stats from 2008 up until the injury. that should give you a good idea what drew is all about offensively...by the way, he just tied the game up with a triple.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

whiner.

Iggy's hitting .193 since 2011.  When you're rebuffed by your own cherry-picked stats, it's time to wave the white flag.