Unity, still in tact

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Unity, still in tact

After their first stretch of losing this year, the Sox have still had eachothers backs, understand their roles, and continue to be a close knit bunch. Im liking Ben's player choices more and more as the year goes on. Stats alone dont tell the whole story of this team.

http://www.weei.com/sports/boston/baseball/red-sox/rob-bradford/2013/05/18/could-be-smartest-red-sox-team-07

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re: Unity, still in tact

In response to Mellow60s' comment:

In response to southpaw777's comment:

After their first stretch of losing this year, the Sox have still had eachothers backs, understand their roles, and continue to be a close knit bunch. Im liking Ben's player choices more and more as the year goes on. Stats alone dont tell the whole story of this team.

http://www.weei.com/sports/boston/baseball/red-sox/rob-bradford/2013/05/18/could-be-smartest-red-sox-team-07

Southpaw, 

Those fand that were ready to dump this team have one issue. They fail to realize that over 162 games teams and players have slumps. Out team just went through a rough stretch of games but they're still only one game out.

They Call Me "Mellow" Yellow

Too much "panic" in May. There will be more ups and downs and you have to keep a balanced approach this early. Now, come the end of August/september when its coming down to it, although Ill never go overboard, I will show more concern than I am now.

Theres a great group of guys and some talented players in that clubhouse, which is just another reason to believe they will be successful. Its not all roses and rainbows, there are certainly issues to be concerened with but not to the point of mailing in the season or making drastic changes in May. Not even close.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

I don't think there's much question about Farrell being the brains behind much of Francona's tenure. I've always liked both..but always thought Farrell was the brains. The epic collapse of the Sox once Farrell left reinforces that belief. I am sure if the Sox could have brought Farrell back right away..they would have. Then we would have been spared of the clown show that Valentine brought to the organization.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In response to Mellow60s' comment:

Southpaw, 

Those fand that were ready to dump this team have one issue. They fail to realize that over 162 games teams and players have slumps. Out team just went through a rough stretch of games but they're still only one game out.

They Call Me "Mellow" Yellow

Too much "panic" in May. There will be more ups and downs and you have to keep a balanced approach this early. Now, come the end of August/september when its coming down to it, although Ill never go overboard, I will show more concern than I am now.

Theres a great group of guys and some talented players in that clubhouse, which is just another reason to believe they will be successful. Its not all roses and rainbows, there are certainly issues to be concerened with but not to the point of mailing in the season or making drastic changes in May. Not even close.

Absolutely.

This team will have other 3-9 stretches.  And you know who else will?  Everybody else...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jz1uEAlpIoE

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

I like the team southpaw but just imagine where we could be if everyone was at least hitting close to their career averages.  It shows how valuable Pede and Papi have been, along with the contributions of Nava, Carp and Victorino.  Even Salty is hitting better than Gomes, Ells, Drew, Middy etc. 

It's nice to be where we are but its been strange.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

In response to jackbu's comment:

In response to softlaw2's comment:

I'm impressed with Manager John, much more than the personell. I don't think there is any doubt that he knows how to manage a pitching staff, extremely well, makes adjustments and manages well with what he's given. A manager can only do so much, and he's exceeded my expectations. I continue to see a huge void in the middle, which is why, pre-season on, I see Middlebrooks as the key to post-season hopes.
    Yes, I agree and I get more impressed with him over time.  Eventually we may have to discuss whether he was the brains behind tito's success.

Only issue with the last statement is that John came in 2007 and one could say that Tito was more or equally successful before John. Then throw in this year in Cleveland so far and the wondering kind of goes away.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from seabeachfred. Show seabeachfred's posts

Southpaw, no doubt you are right on that one.  The team certainly still seems to be one that goes for the "all for one" and "one for all" mantra---and that is good.  Certainly a refreshing change of pace from the last few seasons.  However, I would be feeling even better if some of that was transferred on the field where we could use more help from some of the players and pitchers not doing all that well.  Notice that it seems that every game two or three guys hit while the o thers sludge around, then the next games it seems there are two or three o thers doing the job while others flail away.  We need more besides Pedroia and Ortiz to carry us and that is why I really hope that Napoli and Middlebrooks get hot again.  Their power and run production potential is just what we need badly at this point, not to mention a starting pitcher or two to help out Buchholz and Lester. Still, much better than last year at this point.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to seabeachfred's comment:

Southpaw, no doubt you are right on that one.  The team certainly still seems to be one that goes for the "all for one" and "one for all" mantra---and that is good.  Certainly a refreshing change of pace from the last few seasons.  However, I would be feeling even better if some of that was transferred on the field where we could use more help from some of the players and pitchers not doing all that well.  Notice that it seems that every game two or three guys hit while the o thers sludge around, then the next games it seems there are two or three o thers doing the job while others flail away.  We need more besides Pedroia and Ortiz to carry us and that is why I really hope that Napoli and Middlebrooks get hot again.  Their power and run production potential is just what we need badly at this point, not to mention a starting pitcher or two to help out Buchholz and Lester. Still, much better than last year at this point.

I agree. There are still some concerns. With me, Im not totally secure with the rotation. have to see if Demp can keep it going and whether lack or Doubie will improve. It seems when a couple bats are slumping theres always a couple more that step up. Not all the time, but a lot of times. Come July I think BC will make the necessary moves. All in all, this team is better than I thought so far.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

It surprises me that everyone doesn't have him on ignore...really, it does.

I've had him and a few others on ignore and it's a beautiful thing.