Unverified information and Anonymous sources

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

Re: Unverified information and Anonymous sources

I've said this before. Regardless that these are grown men and should be responsible and accountable for their actions, and that they should be able to police themselves, they are still just players under the control of a manager, and because they are not the decision makers, will take advantage of situations, especially when enabled to do so.
    Some people are inherent leaders but most are followers, and must be told what to do, and how to do it.
    Many fans believe because these overgrown "kids" make millions of dollars, that qualifies them to make the right choices. That could not be further from the truth. All the exhorbitant salaries do, is foster a sense of entitlement.

I suggest you go look at the series, "When it was a Game", again. These were real men with a love for the game seldom found in today's players.
    Thank you Curt Flood!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: Unverified information and Anonymous sources:
    [QUOTE]I've said this before. Regardless that these are grown men and should be responsible and accountable for their actions, and that they should be able to police themselves, they are still just players under the control of a manager, and because they are not the decision makers, will take advantage of situations, especially when enabled to do so. Some people are inherent leaders but most are followers, and must be told what to do, and how to do it. Many fans believe because these overgrown "kids" make millions of dollars, that qualifies them to make the right choices. That could not be further from the truth. All the exhorbitant salaries do, is foster a sense of entitlement. I suggest you go look at the series, "When it was a Game", again. These were real men with a love for the game seldom found in today's players. Thank you Curt Flood!
    Posted by Alibiike[/QUOTE]

I agree with with senitiment of your post ike.  But, I always feel the need to rebutt when someone calls out Curt Flood as the demon that spawned the modern mega-rich spoiled brat party.  Of course, it is disgusting when guys getting paid zillions to play a kids game we'd all love to be playing for a living can't appreciate what it is they are getting paid zillions to do.  But, in principle, why is it that the players, who sacrifice their bodies and minds to the game, should get paid squat whilst the owners make money hand over fist off the players blood sweat and tears?  Flood did what every other player in the league to that point knew was just, but was afraid to stand up to.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOUKILLUS20. Show YOUKILLUS20's posts

In Response to Re: Unverified information and Anonymous sources:
    [QUOTE]wow - does it make you guys feel better that the drinking/chicken eating went on in the clubhouse and not the dugout??? do you just ignore what your own manager said was an attitude of disrespect amongst the players????? does Beckett get a pass now from you bootlickers because the last charge may or may not be true - even though his own manager in Florida said he was an abuser of team rules and had to be given potty passes like a child? do you just ignore the weight gain and lack of stamina that these three stooges exhibited during their historic collapse??? this team will never get better unless we get rid of all these useless veterans who dont care about the team....the three stooges won 40 games combined last year - about a million per victory...sorry but we dont need them - if theyare so good then trade their recalcitrant azzes and get some young players who give a chit just stop making excuses for them - you guys are pathetic
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]
     Great job Geo. This is what is known as calling it like it is. The culture failed the goal...ah, change the culture. When I have a bad apple at work, I cut him! "Nuff said.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

n

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m