update on 1B comparison

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

update on 1B comparison

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

Re: update on 1B comparison

Tex is good.  Agon is just the freaking man!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

How about these numbers:
    Gms: 51
    AB:  207
    Avg: .329
    HRs:  12
    Runs: 35
    RBIs: 40
    OBP: .444
    OPS: 1.043

This from a back-up 1Bman.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

For just $8M/1.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In Response to Re: update on 1B comparison:
    Tex is good.  Agon is just the freaking man!
    Posted by jimdavis

Couldn't agree more with both parts.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

How about these numbers: Gms: 51 AB:  207 Avg: .329 HRs:  12 Runs: 35 RBIs: 40 OBP: .444 OPS: 1.043 This from a back-up 1Bman.
    Posted by moonslav59

Lance Berkman?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

The homerun is still a inflated measuring stick, just like people think Bautista is one of the best hitters in the game. Sure his avg is up right now but it was down at .270 earlier this year and will most likely fall around .300 for the year. However, it is his homeruns that attract people,  but when you look at his runs and rbi's the don't compare to A-Gon's numbers. Although I think A-Gon needs to attack just a bit less and get some more walks than K's. But, I think this is due to his new home field of Fenway park where he can just try to mash all night long and still keep his high avg.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In Response to www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a81df60f3-70ee-4ca3-9336-8cf2c0a8301aDiscussion%3a5adef982-a4be-4132-b8d3-b9546de31661&plckFindPostKey=Cat:SportsForum:81df60f3-70ee-4ca3-9336-8cf2c0a8301aDiscussion:5adef982-a4be-4132-b8d3-b9546de31661Post:0b84140a-53db-4a6b-a14c-65fabb996882">Re: update on 1B comparison:
    How about these numbers: Gms: 51 AB:  207 Avg: .329 HRs:  12 Runs: 35 RBIs: 40 OBP: .444 OPS: 1.043 This from a back-up 1Bman.
    Posted by moonslav59

Lance Berkman?

Yes, so far, "the steal" of free agency this year at $8M/1.  He is playing RF now.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe---. Show --The--Babe---'s posts

In Response to www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a81df60f3-70ee-4ca3-9336-8cf2c0a8301aDiscussion%3a5adef982-a4be-4132-b8d3-b9546de31661&plckFindPostKey=Cat:SportsForum:81df60f3-70ee-4ca3-9336-8cf2c0a8301aDiscussion:5adef982-a4be-4132-b8d3-b9546de31661Post:0b84140a-53db-4a6b-a14c-65fabb996882 " /> Re: update on 1B comparison : How about these numbers: Gms: 51 AB:  207 Avg: .329 HRs:  12 Runs: 35 RBIs: 40 OBP: .444 OPS: 1.043 This from a back-up 1Bman. Posted by moonslav59 Lance Berkman? Yes, so far, "the steal" of free agency this year at $8M/1.  He is playing RF now.

Posted by moonslav59

I thought the "steal" of free agency is Colon.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

In Response to Re: update on 1B comparison : I thought the "steal" of free agency is Colon.
    Posted by --The--Babe---

Certainly isn't Garcia.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

Texieria has more power. But Agone is a better overall player. He is a better opposite field hitter, Texiera is real good real good but i would take Agone, plus they are even in the field. Plus Agone is a better 2 strike hitter I believe. But they are 2 good all star players.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I thought the "steal" of free agency is Colon.

At just 900K, it is hard to argue with your point. However, he is only 4-3. He does lead the staff starters in WHIP.

Berkman hit another HR last night and now has 13 with 42 RBIs. He leads the league in Slg% and OPS. He has an OPS+ of 197! 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Could we find a different nickname for Gonzalez?

Agon or Agone looks too much like 'Agony.'

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to update on 1B comparison:

Posted by dustcover

Teixeira will get hid HRS, especially playing at the stadium but there is no question AGon should be the stating 1B in this years All Star game if this trend continues. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe---. Show --The--Babe---'s posts

In Response to update on 1B comparison : Teixeira will get hid HRS, especially playing at the stadium but there is no question AGon should be the stating 1B in this years All Star game if this trend continues. 

Posted by craze4sox

Didn't agon claim that he wouldn't play in the game in AZ because of their stance on illegal aliens?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Could we find a different nickname for Gonzalez?

How about...

Yo Adrian

A- Gone (As in the ball has left the park)

Zah-Lez (I like the sound)

Tio Grande (Rhymes with Rio Grande)

El Natural (Pronounced Nah-tour-ahl)

A poll was taken by NESN:

El Niño received 10.3 percent of the vote. Gonner received 20.4 percent. El Padre received 34.3 percent, and Gonzilla received 35 percent. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

AGON is incredible.  In many cases he's seeing pitchers for the very first time.  Imagine what he's going to do once he becomes familiar with the AL.

The most amazing thing he's done was that HR against Sabathia.  After striking out twice on inside pitches, he anticpates the inside pitch and goes yard.  Just amazing.

The best part is how he acts after he hits a dinger.  No showing off.  No flash.  Just run the bases.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

In Response to update on 1B comparison : Teixeira will get hid HRS, especially playing at the stadium but there is no question AGon should be the stating 1B in this years All Star game if this trend continues. 
    Posted by craze4sox

especially playing at the stadium

why would you say something like that

unlike agons BA

his HR splits are even

if this trend continues

what trend ? rbis  & runs ? look at the AB's

since when is having more HR's worthless in AS voting

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NUSoxFan. Show NUSoxFan's posts

I like Gonzilla.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

In Response to Re: update on 1B comparison : especially playing at the stadium why would you say something like that unlike agons BA his HR splits are even  if this trend continues what trend ? rbis  & runs ? look at the AB's since when is having more HR's worthless in AS voting
    Posted by pinstripezac32

Why would you compare HR with BA splits?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

In Response to Re: update on 1B comparison : Why would you compare HR with BA splits?
    Posted by niz-58

I didn't, my point was

why bring up the stadium when tex's  HR are equal

if the poster wanted to talk about home field advantage

let's talk about agons BA/ splits

was that so hard niz

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTJake14. Show CTJake14's posts

it's Gonzo.  simple as that.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Re: update on 1B comparison : especially playing at the stadium why would you say something like that unlike agons BA his HR splits are even  if this trend continues what trend ? rbis  & runs ? look at the AB's since when is having more HR's worthless in AS voting
    Posted by pinstripezac32

Hey pinstripe if you asked me two years ago I would have agreed Teixeira appeared to be the best 1B in the AL, since then he has been more of a streaky hitter. All I meant is, if the All Star game was tomorrow and AGons BA was 81 points higher it should be no contest if all other stats are equal or better than Tex..

In a perfect world anyway!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

In Response to Re: update on 1B comparison : Hey pinstripe if you asked me two years ago I would have agreed Teixeira appeared to be the best 1B in the AL, since then he has been more of a streaky hitter. All I meant is, if the All Star game was tomorrow and AGons BA was 81 points higher it should be no contest if all other stats are equal or better than Tex.. In a perfect world anyway!  
    Posted by craze4sox

fair enough craze4sox

we can debate  avg vs HR as to  which fans want more for an ASG

but I never said I thought teix was better

I'm just tired of many in RSN always trying to discredit the nyy power

by using the stadium when the splits show differently

I was however  suggesting

it's closer than many have said on this thread

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: update on 1B comparison : fair enough craze4sox we can debate  avg vs HR as to  which fans want more for an ASG but I never said I thought teix was better I'm just tired of many in RSN always trying to discredit the nyy power by using the stadium when the splits show differently I was however  suggesting it's closer than many have said on this thread
    Posted by pinstripezac32

Trust me, if the RS were a HR hitting team and the Yankees were a BA team their stance would be reversed; and let's not forget that the historical #s at Fenway clearly indicate that for all parks in use for at least a few decades (or, in Fenway's case, centuries), Fenway park is the easiest hitter's park of all time. As I've posted before, you can look it up in baseball-reference.com. Short-lived hitter haven parks, like Wrigley field (Angels) in LA (The old PCL Park, not the one in Chicago) or Mile-High Stadium (Rockies) in Denver were only in use via MLB for a couple of years. COORS would have exceeded Fenway, if you go by its 1st decade only.

Sections
Shortcuts