UPDATE:Sox doubleheader-,2nd game ON NESN

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjkoko. Show jjkoko's posts

Re: Sox doubleheader-1st game on NESN,2nd game NO TV

If ESPN lifted the blackout it would go a long way towards mending the rift they created with New Englanders during Spygate. I would even consider saying a prayer tonight for ESPN Minister of Propaganda, Mark Schlereth.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In Response to Re: Sox doubleheader-1st game on NESN,2nd game NO TV:
    [QUOTE]If ESPN lifted the blackout it would go a long way towards mending the rift they created with New Englanders during Spygate. I would even consider saying a prayer tonight for ESPN Minister of Propaganda, Mark Schlereth.
    Posted by jjkoko[/QUOTE]ok guys, if ESPN lifts the blackout and shows the game, you guys better not turn around and complain about the game being on ESPN and their guy's bias against the Sox....Tongue outWink

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

[QUOTE]Call ESPN at 1-888-549-3776 to complain
    Posted by bubsc[/QUOTE]

I did just that and spoke to a young man in Omaha who was institutionally polite and who allowed me to vent my displeasure with having to miss the Beckett/Verlander matchup. 
    I pointed out the alternative programs on TV during NESN's broadcast of the Braves/Reds game and let him know that I would be watching The National Memorial Day Concert. 

I also suggested that the vast majority of those who make up Red Sox Nation would be tuning out NESN not to mention those who back the Tigers.

He assured me that my message would be passed on to the appropriate sector of NESN.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

Hey Jete,

I spent a week at Myrtle Beach in South Carolina with my family, had a great time except for the fact it was motorcycle week!!!

I have never seen so many sox and yanks fans out side of Boston and NY.  There were "B" and "NY" hats everywhere.

One waitress we had was from NY and a yanks fan.  We had a lot of good natured fun with her.  She even called the manager over who was a yanks fan, of course he had to give us some good natured ribbing also.  It was right after the sox swept the yanks so I think I had the upper hand.Wink

I couldn't watch any of the games, the hotel didn't have mlb tv, so we had to go to a hole in the wall smoke filled bar room.  It was the first time the cubs played at Fenway since 1918 so I had to see the game.  

I stayed util the 5th inning because my eyes and lungs couldn't take the smoke anymore.

It was hard not being able to watch my boys but sitting on the beach watching the waves roll in somehow eased my baseball soulCool 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

When ESPN used to care about the game, Beckett/Verlander would have been front and center.  Not only not the main game, not on at all.  This is the worst and confirms everything Mushnick ever said about that station.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]Hey Jete, I spent a week at Myrtle Beach in South Carolina with my family, had a great time except for the fact it was motorcycle week!!! I have never seen so many sox and yanks fans out side of Boston and NY.  There were "B" and "NY" hats everywhere. One waitress we had was from NY and a yanks fan.  We had a lot of good natured fun with her.  She even called the manager over who was a yanks fan, of course he had to give us some good natured ribbing also.  It was right after the sox swept the yanks so I think I had the upper hand. I couldn't watch any of the games, the hotel didn't have mlb tv, so we had to go to a hole in the wall smoke filled barroom.  It was the first time the cubs played at Fenway since 1918 so I had to see the game.   I stayed to the 5th inning because my eyes and lungs couldn't take the smoke anymore. It was hard not being able to watch my boys but sitting on the beach watching the waves roll in somehow eased my baseball soul  
    Posted by 67redsox[/QUOTE] hey M'lady...good to see ya, glad you had a great time...it's sometimes like that when you go to other places, not everyone takes such a combative view of Yanks/Sox...you should hear the business i get when i have to call our Boston branch..lol..

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

ESPN announcers aren't biased against the Sox.  They just aren't very good announcers.  I turn the sound down when they cover a Sox game. 

Here's hoping the game gets on TV tonight ...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBuddha. Show BostonBuddha's posts

I also called ESPN to complain and sent them an e-mail complaint as well.  Maybe if enough Red Sox and Tiger fan contact them, they will permit TV coverage.  For a game between Becket and Verlander not to be televised is a slap in the face of baseball fans everywhere!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

In the history of sports television progamming, no amount of complaining has ever, ever changed the minds of those in charge. It's a lot like complaining about officiating in sports:  No complaining has ever overturned a call.

You can call if you want, but all that does is show MLB what "loyal baseball fans" we have in the country.  They will  spin this; they have to.  They'll issue a statement, if at all, claiming that the "...response to our choice of programming was overwhelmingly positive."  What they mean is, any attention is good attention.  Calling them to complain only gives them fodder to use against the fan, not for the fan.

Beyond that, when the dust clears, ESPN will state openly that Boston and Detroit have amazingly faithful fans who deserve such quality teams.  They win again.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

posted at 5/29/2011 12:47 PM EDT
    www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=5ddcf0bdb4049d4ca8728e94a9e712e7&plckUserId=5ddcf0bdb4049d4ca8728e94a9e712e7">
    First: 5/29/2011
    Last: 5/29/2011
    For a game between Becket and Verlander not to be televised is a slap in the face of baseball fans everywhere
    whoa!..hold on there.....j/k Buddha...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from lpelletier. Show lpelletier's posts

Open Letter to ESPN:

It is my understanding (which I hope is incorrect) that ESPN, in callous disregard for fans of the Boston Red Sox, and perhaps the Detroit Tigers, has elected to blackout the second game of the weather forced doubleheader.  Is there no one at ESPN who puts the needs of fans ahead of your "rights"?  It is unimaginable that you would deny the entire baseball viewing public the right to see a game between two of baseball's best pitchers just because you can, because you have the right to the time slot.  You can't put it on another ESPN network using the Red Sox and Tigers announcers?  Please tell me why you cannot come up with a scenario that puts fans ahead of the  network. 

WHat happens if fans in the Boston market decide to black out ESPN?  If we decide that we will avoid the ESPN websites, stations and products, because you have so little regard for us.  This is an extraordinarily disappointing situation.  There has to be someone at ESPN who realizes the ill will this will create is greater than profit.  Extraordinary situations call for wisdom and considreation.  The weather nationally is what it is.  I suspect ESPN will lose a great deal more as a result of blacking out the game than it will gain in viewership by protecting the time-slot.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from lpelletier. Show lpelletier's posts

I just heard back from Katy at ESPN.  She thought I would like to know that they will bring highlights of the Red Sox v. Tigers during the Atalanta game.  Like I would spend an evening watching a game that means nothing to me to see a few highlights.  Justice against ESPN would be for the Atlanta game to be a blow-out and for Beckett and Verlander to have no-hitters going through the 7th inning or something like that....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

@GordonEdes Tonight's game WILL NOT be televised on NESN, according to our latest info. 6 minutes ago

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Re: UPDATE:Sox doubleheader-,2nd game ON NESN

2nd game on NESN tonight !!! I guess ESPN got a lot of calls and letters.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from -EdithBunker-. Show -EdithBunker-'s posts

Thank you mrmojo1120 for the thread and the update.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

[QUOTE]In the history of sports television progamming, no amount of complaining has ever, ever changed the minds of those in charge. It's a lot like complaining about officiating in sports:  No complaining has ever overturned a call. You can call if you want, but all that does is show MLB what "loyal baseball fans" we have in the country.  They will  spin this; they have to.  They'll issue a statement, if at all, claiming that the "...response to our choice of programming was overwhelmingly positive."  What they mean is, any attention is good attention.  Calling them to complain only gives them fodder to use against the fan, not for the fan. Beyond that, when the dust clears, ESPN will state openly that Boston and Detroit have amazingly faithful fans who deserve such quality teams.  They win again.
    Posted by soups[/QUOTE]

The 2nd game is going to be shown on NESN due to an overwhelming amount of calls and emails.
    You gotta have faith.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

In Response to Re: UPDATE:Sox doubleheader-,2nd game ON NESN:
    [QUOTE]Thank you mrmojo1120 for the thread and the update.
    Posted by -EdithBunker-[/QUOTE]

My pleasure.I'm glad there were enough calls and emails to make ESPN change their minds.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

I hope everyone is happy now, I had to use a favor to get this to happen.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdaytona. Show jimdaytona's posts

In Response to www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a81df60f3-70ee-4ca3-9336-8cf2c0a8301aDiscussion%3a0fac70da-ee31-4392-8340-ea0c36244f27&plckFindPostKey=Cat:SportsForum:81df60f3-70ee-4ca3-9336-8cf2c0a8301aDiscussion:0fac70da-ee31-4392-8340-ea0c36244f27Post:edb1196a-046c-4096-95db-1bd31b1970c0">Re: Sox doubleheader-1st game on NESN,2nd game NO TV:
    In the history of sports television progamming, no amount of complaining has ever, ever changed the minds of those in charge. It's a lot like complaining about officiating in sports:  No complaining has ever overturned a call. You can call if you want, but all that does is show MLB what "loyal baseball fans" we have in the country.  They will  spin this; they have to.  They'll issue a statement, if at all, claiming that the "...response to our choice of programming was overwhelmingly positive."  What they mean is, any attention is good attention.  Calling them to complain only gives them fodder to use against the fan, not for the fan. Beyond that, when the dust clears, ESPN will state openly that Boston and Detroit have amazingly faithful fans who deserve such quality teams.  They win again.
    Posted by soups

The 2nd game is going to be shown on NESN due to an overwhelming amount of calls and emails.
    You gotta have faith.

I may be going to Hell in a bucket,but at least I'm enjoying the ride.

THIS IS COOL IF IT HAPPENS. BUT I RECEIVE NESN IN FL SO I AM PREPARED FOR A BLACK OUT. THIS AFTERNOONS VICTORY WAS GREAT.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Sorry if I missed this if somebody addressed it, but any idea if it's on the Extra Innings package?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

Looks like MLB.com added it, too.  But there's a rain delay.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

will be on NESN but how long is the rain delay?  all of this for nothing?  going back to Detroit for one game won't be so bad and next time the odds are we'd miss the V-man.....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Saluda. Show Saluda's posts

anybody have the channel on MLB package because my NESN is still blacked out on DirectTV?.. thanks