V-MART +BELTRE ARE THE DIFFERENCE MAKERS, Y CAN'T WE GET PLAYERS LIKE THAT?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

V-MART +BELTRE ARE THE DIFFERENCE MAKERS, Y CAN'T WE GET PLAYERS LIKE THAT?

there would be no texas in the next round minus adrian beltre or tigers in the next round minus v-mart. heck, neither team makes the playoffs without either guy. both were clutch, hard-nosed guys on  the field and in the clubhouse. definitely, would not be putting up with guys drinking or shirking responsibility or accountability. in the case of beltre, he's so tough, he was bowling his own guys over in order to make plays.. if u come between him and the ball, gawd help ya!

to me, this is another indictment on theo and the evaluation standards this team uses. first of, if u keep youk at first (less beating) and re-sign beltre for 2 or 3 years (giving middlebrooks time to develop), youk is productive and healthy and likely NOT  a cancer. bet he along with lacklesss and becks were 3 of the guys drinking beer during games and being NEGATIVE. even if u make the trade for gonzo (was for it like most), then u trade youk he had value.

beltre is a BETTER third baseman and overall hitter as he proved last year. youk could have led to a good and cheaper left-fielder or starting pitching option. with v-mart, i dont care what anyone says, the guy could have caught as many games as he did in his freakin cleveland days (120) over the next 2 years. frankly, would let papi hit the road with that negative tude and have v-mart move to DH if u must, this year. point is its not all about Xs and Os.

sometimes team chemistry, attitude and ability to play in boston and within the rules are more IMPORTANT than talent or averages! a cancer is a cacer regardless of production! theo and the evaluators routinely forget that last sentence to our detriment!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Re: V-MART +BELTRE ARE THE DIFFERENCE MAKERS, Y CAN'T WE GET PLAYERS LIKE THAT?

ComCast I would say it's more of a reflection of Theo's Boss John Henry.
    We had both guys and couldn't sign them--I don't think they were "big" enough names. CC had killed us, he was fast, good average, complemented Ells, set up the middle of the order.

Everyone, from the day the sox traded for VMart--he was a great clubhouse guy--look who celebrated last night. He could always hit, not so great behind the plate, not so great at first but as so many said make him your next DH when Papi's contract runs out. Some people couldn't see it--they had their eyes on Salty.
    I'm happy for VMart and Beltre.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

We settled for mediocrity to save a few $$ at the C and 3B positions. I was one who said Beltre would have a sub-par year when the sox signed him, mostly because I was upset he took Mikey's job. He proved me wrong and his value has been proven. I never believed Youk was a good 3B, and certainly this year proved it.
    As far as catcher. Vmart is far superior at the position than either Salty or Tek, and his offensive numbers speak for themselves. I would have had no problem with Victor catching for 3 or 4 years, as long as he continued to rake on offense.
    With all that said, we could have kept both, had we not signed Carl Crawford. We got Agon for $6M in 2011 and Drew comes off the books next year so it was doable.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

I wanted Youk to DH (fill in at 3rd 1st) resign Beltre for 3rd and get Gonzo for 1st.......hindsights always 20/20 though.....who would have seen both Detriot and Texas meeting in the ALCS.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Time4Theo2Go. Show Time4Theo2Go's posts

We can't get or keep great players because Theo Epstein is the worst GM in MLB.

Theo Epstein took a Red Sox team capable of winning 5 World Series titles from 2000-2011 and driven them into mediocrity.

Detroit simply took the players the Red Sox should have had and put their team in the elite in the AL. So did Texas.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

AS I said way beforeee the seaso, we could have put beltre at left (he's great with balls in the air) and kept youk at 3rd, or put beltre at 3rd but traded YOUK for a left fielder, or since theo was sooo sold on cam in the first place, just stick him at left with the kids maturing and see how things worked out. but yeah we priortitized BUZZZ over winning! very unpatriotlike..,

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In Response to V-MART +BELTRE ARE THE DIFFERENCE MAKERS, Y CAN'T WE GET PLAYERS LIKE THAT?:
    there would be no texas in the next round minus adrian beltre or tigers in the next round minus v-mart. heck, neither team makes the playoffs without either guy. both were clutch, hard-nosed guys on  the field and in the clubhouse. definitely, would not be putting up with guys drinking or shirking responsibility or accountability. in the case of beltre, he's so tough, he was bowling his own guys over in order to make plays.. if u come between him and the ball, gawd help ya! to me, this is another indictment on theo and the evaluation standards this team uses. first of, if u keep youk at first (less beating) and re-sign beltre for 2 or 3 years (giving middlebrooks time to develop), youk is productive and healthy and likely NOT  a cancer. bet he along with lacklesss and becks were 3 of the guys drinking beer during games and being NEGATIVE. even if u make the trade for gonzo (was for it like most), then u trade youk he had value. beltre is a BETTER third baseman and overall hitter as he proved last year. youk could have led to a good and cheaper left-fielder or starting pitching option. with v-mart, i dont care what anyone says, the guy could have caught as many games as he did in his freakin cleveland days (120) over the next 2 years. frankly, would let papi hit the road with that negative tude and have v-mart move to DH if u must, this year. point is its not all about Xs and Os. sometimes team chemistry, attitude and ability to play in boston and within the rules are more IMPORTANT than talent or averages! a cancer is a cacer regardless of production! theo and the evaluators routinely forget that last sentence to our detriment!
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN

Your a yahoo after the fact jack. bLA bla bla.....Well Papi was best DH in baseball. And i think we had a very good 1st baseman also. You should have mentioned our two hillbilly brothers Lackey and Josh.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3992292. Show user_3992292's posts

I think the biggest problem was Papi.  Had Papi gone to somewhere else, V-Mart would easily sign with Boston for four years as a DH/C.  Since Boston knew Papi wanted to come back to stay in Boston at the same time Boston wanted both of them.  Instead Boston just gave both of them a short term contract due one of them cant be a long term catcher while other Boston didnt think Papi will have another good year.  Somehow both V-Mart and Papi ranked in the top five DH.  So there is not much difference between these two.  I wouldnt complain, but maybe in two to three years from now, maybe I would complain cuz V-Mart is like four to five years younger than Papi.

Also I did want to keep Beltre, but we all knew what his health history in past many years.  So we all knew that Boston didnt want to give him a long term contract.  But I was shocked to see Texas to give him a five years contract.  But wait in one to two years from now, he will not be playing 3B anymore, he will bat DH.  

So therefore, I wouldnt think it matter if both stay with Boston or not in one to two years from now cuz both would be force to bat DH anyway.  Cant have both to bat DH!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Vmar, Beltre, Pedey, and Youk were our most passionate players last year - we lost 50% this year and I think it showed - they were great players on an off the field...i miss them (i was totally for the CC/Agon pick ups too!)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Between the insane on the forum and loon's on WEEI I have to listen to all the hindsight callers giving props to Beltre and questioning why Youk was not traded in 2010-11 and Belte retained.  

Idiots.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackbu. Show jackbu's posts

Nice post, I agree.   When player prove then can play at fenway as a red sox, then the gm should do his best to sign them.  Both of these players should still be here.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from cpjohn1. Show cpjohn1's posts

Yep.  I was sooo mad they didn't re-sign Vmart.  I wasn't that worried about Beltre, but I guess I should have been.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3992292. Show user_3992292's posts

In Response to Re: V-MART +BELTRE ARE THE DIFFERENCE MAKERS, Y CAN'T WE GET PLAYERS LIKE THAT?:
    Yep.  I was sooo mad they didn't re-sign Vmart.  I wasn't that worried about Beltre, but I guess I should have been.
    Posted by cpjohn1

That is why I said that Boston should have let go Papi, and sign V-Mart instead.  Still it wouldnt matter cuz the outcome for both offense productions maybe be simular, but we all know V-Mart will put up same numbers as he did it this year for the next four years while we all know that Papi will soon have nothing left in him!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

In Response to Re: V-MART +BELTRE ARE THE DIFFERENCE MAKERS, Y CAN'T WE GET PLAYERS LIKE THAT?:
    Nice post, I agree.   When player prove then can play at fenway as a red sox, then the gm should do his best to sign them.  Both of these players should still be here.
    Posted by jackbu

This is an excellent suggestion!!!!!!!!!!! I agree that VMart should have been resigned. I loved the BelMan's defense-he was amazing---he was just killing the team by running into people. Then this year when Lowrie was healthy and playing well--CC runs into him playing SS and he really never recovered his stroke when he returned.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeNeedaManager. Show WeNeedaManager's posts

V.Mart was so NOT clutch besides there are better hitting DHs available.  Beltre was the man, but no room left on the corners to put him.  Sox was not lacking offense.  Losing Bucholtz and Dice K to injury cost them the playoffs.

Sections
Shortcuts