Valentine loves Aceves..... not really

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Valentine loves Aceves..... not really

"That's just Alfredo being Alfredo and Dustin being a baseball player," Valentine told reporters. www.weei.com

I actually love stuff like this, not that I want the team to be in chaos but at least the manager let's us know how he really feels on some things. Aceves needs to go, thanks for 2011 though.

Bye

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Re: Valentine loves Aceves..... not really

Enchilada---it's not Aceves that's the problem it's Bobby V. 
    The experiments are over:
    Bard has returned to the pen.
    Bobby V has successfully destroyed the internal makeup of the team. They have quit on him. Whatever happened to the Queen Bee that held things together? and who was that person anyway?
    BenC has finally gotten rid of Beckett.
    This team is fading fast--I would move V and the so called bench coach out ASAP--they have been  internally keeping the team apart all season.
    I would bring the PawSox coach and his pitching coach in and let them coach the team the rest of the way as soon as the PawSox playoffs are over. I would tell them there are no guarantees for a job next season but take the reins for the final 20 something games.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from never1954. Show never1954's posts

IMO...BV is not the problem but at the same time, he is not the answer.  Management was not scared to blow up this team why would anyone think they would be afraid to blow up the coaching staff.  As far as Aceves......its time....thanks for everything

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

If we intend to indeed make changes with Bobby or the coaching staff it should be done ASAP to allow the team as much time as possible to get acclimated.  With that said it's really not all Bobby fault and our FO will probably let him finish out the year.  It's been a tough year but we are doing our best to clean up the mess, for that I give our FO huge credit. 

The move we made to dump salary was one I never imagined could ever happen.  Moving forward this team should recover much more quickly if the right moves are made so I'm not too dissapointed at this point. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to EnchiladaT's comment:

"That's just Alfredo being Alfredo and Dustin being a baseball player," Valentine told reporters. www.weei.com

I actually love stuff like this, not that I want the team to be in chaos but at least the manager let's us know how he really feels on some things. Aceves needs to go, thanks for 2011 though.

Bye

Maybe Aceves does need to go, but BV is implying that there is something wrong with him.  Hardly the best way to get value for him.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Maybe Aceves does need to go, but BV is implying that there is something wrong with him.  Hardly the best way to get value for him.

Bobby needs to go because he isn't much of a leader.  I agree Aceves and Padilla have issues but Bobby's mouth will bury him, this isn't how a manager earns a players trust or respect.  I'm sure a lot of teams would like to have Aceves, especially if Bobby can keep his comments to himself. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

They're both acting like children.

Yes, BV failed miserably when he didn't just let Alfredo know, officially, what the situation was.

Then Alfredo was out of line acting like the entitled, spoiled brat he did.

To me, Alfredo somewhat made amends when he took it upon himself to get to the west coast, that shows desire.

I can't think of anything BV has done that shows me he honestly cares. He's not trying to undermine anything, I don't think...but I also think he just isn't really invested at this point. He bit off more than he could chew.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

I have been a fan of Aceves since last year , but it is becoming apparent that he has some serious isues. His behavior is getting stranger all the time.  Somebody is going to get hurt if this continues.  Last night , it looked like the A's were laughing at his antics. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

I have been a fan of Aceves since last year , but it is becoming apparent that he has some serious isues. His behavior is getting stranger all the time.  Somebody is going to get hurt if this continues.  Last night , it looked like the A's were laughing at his antics. 

"  issues."

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

When you're manager is publicly calling you a joke, that's what I call the worst kind of manager.....BV is a joke. and it's time the joke end. It's no longer funny, hasn't been all season with his Legacy of turning the Red Sox into one of the worst teams in baseball.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to dannycater's comment:

When you're manager is publicly calling you a joke, that's what I call the worst kind of manager.....BV is a joke. and it's time the joke end. It's no longer funny, hasn't been all season with his Legacy of turning the Red Sox into one of the worst teams in baseball.

I wanted to reply to you in particular and say that you were right when you were saying Valentine should have been fired at the all star break. I just hope Larry lets Ben get rid of him before someone gets hurt.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

When you say and do what Bobby V has done in the last month he needs to go. At some point it's going to be more than Aceves slamming the door. V is apparently continuing to push Aceves buttons looking to push him to a point that will cause him to blow.  Aceves is a complex guy that appears to be very tired--that was such an unusual play on the pop-up last night that it was probably brought on by pressure and fatigue.

V is becoming a bully as he sees his days as manager coming to a close. He needs to be replaced now. 

Sections
Shortcuts