Valentine needs to be fired

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Valentine needs to be fired

it is sad but true...i was a big Bobby V supporter but the bottom line is that the team is dreadful....i thought he was hired to shake things up but the management really had no intention of doing that until the big trade...now he is the caretaker of the morgue....considering the fact that he is in his 60s and only has a two year deal, it makes no sense to retain him....we need a true overhaul....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Re: Valentine needs to be fired

* On Friday, Valentine arrived in the Red Sox clubhouse at 4:15, less than three hours before the start of the game. Most major league managers habitually arrived five hours or more before first pitch. Valentine's predecessor, Terry Francona, was usually in the clubhouse, home or away, before noon for a 7 p.m. night game.

A team spokesperson said Valentine had picked up his adult son at the airport.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

I don't think it is sad to say.

The guy is not the answer.  He never was.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

History will record that Bobby V. did what he was brought in to do.....  Raise havoc !!!  The "big trade" will make them all look good........ Bobby will not be back next year, a great opportunity awaits the next guy/gal and if owner$hip is even thinking about ca$hing out, what a time ($$$$$$$$) to do it, IE: DODGERS !!!!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

There's no way management thought Bobby V would be as bad as he has been. Geo I give you credit for reassessing. I was hopeful that Bobby would have some acumen and it seemed he did with the bullpen for a bit but overall, he has been a train wreck. 

This team will need a manager that has the long term confidence of management and Bobby V is not that guy. 

Trolls for your ignore list (when that feature is re-added): 1. GoGreen and TommyRules:  fake Celtics fans and sockpuppets.  2. "Puddin":  self-admitted "creepy" anti-Rondo obsession 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

My guess is that both parties will agree to move on after the season...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

This is how I will remember Bobby V: exasperated, confused as to why he got himself in this position and no idea how to get out of it, except pull another pitcher out of the game (one that he likely left in too long either because we had no one else or he had no clue)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

There's no way management thought Bobby V would be as bad as he has been. Geo I give you credit for reassessing. I was hopeful that Bobby would have some acumen and it seemed he did with the bullpen for a bit but overall, he has been a train wreck. 

This team will need a manager that has the long term confidence of management and Bobby V is not that guy. 

im not sure how you can justify keeping a manager with this record.....i think he got railroaded from day 1 but he was a short timer no matter what...better to start off fresh next year....shouldve been done this yr

Trolls for your ignore list (when that feature is re-added): 1. GoGreen and TommyRules:  fake Celtics fans and sockpuppets.  2. "Puddin":  self-admitted "creepy" anti-Rondo obsession 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

I would be very surprised if he is back next year.  However , the problems go much deeper than the manager.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichFan. Show MichFan's posts

Yes, I agree.  he is hitting or pitching worth a crap.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

* On Friday, Valentine arrived in the Red Sox clubhouse at 4:15, less than three hours before the start of the game. Most major league managers habitually arrived five hours or more before first pitch. Valentine's predecessor, Terry Francona, was usually in the clubhouse, home or away, before noon for a 7 p.m. night game.

How unreasonable for Valentine to pick his son up at the airport. He should have been with the team planning a run for a ring this year.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

When I said fire him 4 months ago, I was hoping the Sox would avoid the future of nonsense and dumping salaries like beheadings in the French Revolution and to avoid the ClCar from Pawtucket.....Instead the Sox are an alltime joke, the team is going to need an entire new roster--which basically means 5 years before they are going to be even mentioned in a "contender" conversation. Probably time to end this Board too. you can't say Bozo?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Let's bring in the young talent!!! Lavarnway has to play!!! Iglesias!!! Bring in Morales and  Doubront and Kalish!! and Nava!! and Gomez!! Well, they're here, how's it watching Sox games of late? I have been embarrassed as a fan watching this debacle since start of August.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

But it's all the players fault, right pumpsie, right 90 percent of this forum who DEFENDED BV TILL THE TEAM WAS A JOKE!!!! CHERINGTON IS A JOKE, LL IS A JOKE, AND THE FANS BOUGHT INTO THE HYSTERIA OF PLAYERS AS EVIL...WELL, HERE YOU GO...A JOKE TEAM FOR THE JOKE FRONT OFFICE.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

You could put Casey Stengel, Joe McCarthy, Connie Mack and whomever you want in that dugout, and he would be a ringmaster with too many clowns, and no lion tamers.

The GM has got to show up and send 4 or 5 of these guys home, and a few (like Aceves) packing.
    How ironic is it when it appears that Dice-K and Buchholz may be the numbers 1 and 2 starting pitchers?

Everyone talks about a new manager, but they don't say who. It's like Romney talking about fixing the economy, but never says how. If Veritek could survive a year while he asserted himself, he'd probably, eventually, make a good manager. Joe Maddon? He's a little whacko, but not enough to take this job!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Valentine should probably be fired to prevent Aceves from killing him.  It's been a bad season but let's try to get through it without any homicides.

I really don't envy Bogar the task of guiding the team to a 5-24 September though.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

bosoxmal, a chimpanzee could manage this team better than BV. Everyone just isn't watching this guy in action...That's the problem, like at Anaheim when he did nothing, didn't make a single move the entire game in a 5-2 loss. It was absolutely a mail-in managing job of the all-time mail ins.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

hxnut, that would probably be a fitting end to the season...Aceves Murders Manager, But Does Anyone Really Care?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

I cannot help but wonder just how "corporate" the FO is. I do not doubt they made the calls on who  starts, who is the mid-reliever or closer, who coaches first-base, and without a doubt it is clear they have moles in the clubhouse. 

Will it matter who comes in here to manage if the FO is going to act like Hoovers FBI?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to dannycater's comment:

hxnut, that would probably be a fitting end to the season...Aceves Murders Manager, But Does Anyone Really Care?

Or, 'Aceves' murder of Valentine takes 4th place on list of bad things that happened in Sox 2012 season'.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Boston is racing Toronto to the bottom.... I said they would be 15 games out 4 weeks ago. It hurts to be so right.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

LMFAO, hfx

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

How unreasonable for Valentine to pick his son up at the airport. He should have been with the team planning a run for a ring this year.

He should have been at the park doing his job.  If he wanted to spend quality time with his son, he can have dinner after the game and breakfast in the morning after.  If this was Beckett, and he was driving in a traffic jam a few hours before a scheduled start, you'd have all had a cow.  He makes $6,000 a day.  Let the kid take a car service.  Ask the A's if they can send one of their limos.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I keep using references to The French Revolution, but let's be real, it's not so far off. Fans were cheering upon the Execution of Adrian Gonzalez, Josh Beckett, Carl Crawford. They were literally cheering and all excited about what? What was it again? Oh yeah, that the Sox now had payroll and that the team was blown up. Well, I'm a little confused here, please explain how anyone in the right mind would want to sign here as a free agent? Who really would want to play for this all-time joke of an organization. Nightly, you see the team with one argument, dumb quote, terrible management decision, or decisive Loss...If I was on another team, there is no way I want to come to Boston. It's a Toxic Atmosphere.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Just for the record, Beckett has finally decided to pitch for a real manage--Don Mattingly.

Sections
Shortcuts