Valentine needs to be fired

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SailsRep. Show SailsRep's posts

Re: Valentine needs to be fired

Results with the Sox notwithstanding, I applaud him for wanting to punch that obnoxious, obese Ordway in the mouth.  I'd like to join him actually.  Thank God 98.5 came along. 

Oh, and Valentine is a scapegoat for a disastrously run organization.  Marlins fans hated Henry prior to the MLB rigged sale of the Sox to him.  We are starting to learn why.  Luchinno is a narcissistic failure.  Cherington is simply a pawn - or perhaps "eunuch" is the better term. 

At the end of the day, a complete overhaul is needed.  Taking Lackey with them would make it even better.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from stopthemadness. Show stopthemadness's posts

Valentine is what this team, and the fans, need.  Tough love.  You want to beat the yankees again, we need a tough manager. Valentine is perfect for this.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Valentine should have kept calm and collected despite the baiting by the guy interviewing him. He should not have taken the bait. This was a time for diplomacy, not fisticuffs. He hasn't got enough skill to manage the barracuda school that is the Boston sports media.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

Valentine should have kept calm and collected despite the baiting by the guy interviewing him. He should not have taken the bait. This was a time for diplomacy, not fisticuffs. He hasn't got enough skill to manage the barracuda school that is the Boston sports media.

This is his MO, pumpsie. Same thing when he was with the Mets. He must have convinced the FO he changed his ways. Not so.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimbo4219. Show jimbo4219's posts

Ordway is a jerk.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from markartis. Show markartis's posts

the clowns who were calling for the farm players got what they wanted ... and this team is worse than ever! they are an embarrasment to the uniform.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Marquetter. Show Marquetter's posts

Baloney - Bobby V. is just the most mature baseball man in the organization now.    By mature,
    I mean experienced with the knowhow to do what has to be done to begin the rebuilding that
    has to be done.     The media voices seem to alway know all the answers.    I think Bobby V
    is the most basic block this team has to build on, and can only hope the ownership has the
    'base' balls to stick with him thru the tough but necessary times that lie ahead.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ViewfromtheTop. Show ViewfromtheTop's posts

Valentine deserves a medal for attempting to manage an unmanageable team. From the get-go, he wasn't given any public support. The word was out Cherington didn't want him. Luchino hired him because #1) No one wants to manage in Boston, #2) Valentine had a reputation for no-nonsense toughness. Unfortunately, for Valentine, he was handcuffed and muzzled early on. Why? Because of whining, immature, egomaniacal players who act/acted as if they found the cure for cancer. Then there was Beckett who didn't like Valentine because he didn't like a negative comment he heard Valentine make, as an Analyst, last season. Gee, Beckett, we all saw the fiasco created by those whining, ego-driven, under-achievers. Then we have Pedroia who just couldn't shut his mouth. Then we have Gonzalez, the lazy player who seemed to be having trouble getting runs this season but had plenty of time to complain about playing night games. Gonzalez gets caught planning to overthrow Valentine - after all, why should anyone else earn a buck at a game they love -it should just be for the team underachievers. Bobby Valentine has been bashed, overly-criticized and pummeled for this miserable non-producing group of players. The problems from last season continued into this season because of do-nothing owners/upper management. Ownership wined, dined, gifted, kissed A, for a team of losers - and that's what the players are - losers. It's "their" records, "their" stats - not Valentine's. What's occurred here is of no surprise to baseball watchers around the country. Bobby Valentine was all gung-ho about this opportunity given him - but he couldn't do the job he was hired to do because every word, every syllable, every action, every inaction has been attacked. There are plenty of us in Red Sox nation who support him and "get" what he's been up against. He's a guy working in the game of baseball, something he loves and the attacking media and some fans have been cruel beyond explanation. There's no one more than Bobby Valentine who wanted a winning, top-of-the-division team, than Bobby V. He was eager and optimistic but ownership/upper management, an attacking sports media (who'd be nothing if they didn't __itch), narrow-thinking fans, under-performing players who couldn't cut it without the booze in the clubhouse, slowly and methodically ate away at his enthusiasm. It's disgusting and all should be ashamed. He's owed a public apology. A loud public apology.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

My sentiment toward BV, until today, was neutral.  Now, I like him.

Diplomacy when dealing with the Boston media?? That's like negotiating with Ahmadinejad or
    al-Qaeda.

Unfortunately, the majority of Boston probably disagrees with me.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pmaestro. Show pmaestro's posts

It's about time someone said this: the fat asssed radio sports media in Boston think they have the skills to run these teams, but the reality is, they couldn't manage, or play, or even deliver water to a pro sports organization. Valentine may not be a right fit for the Red Sox, but Glen Ordway has done nothing to qualify his acting like he knows more than the personnel who participate at the highest professional level in major league sports. It's amazing that the fans actually give credibility to an obese slob who makes his living drooling over a microphone having merely observed from the outside the intricate workings of a major league team over a long, admittedly disappointing season. When the likes of Ordway finally retire, they will leave no legacy other than ignorance. Hardly think you can say the same of dedicated professionals like Bobby V., who have had more significant impact, legacy and success in professional sports than Ordway ever will, despite disappointing seasons like the one the Red Sox are experiencing. Contrast Ordway with, say, Peter Gammons, and you can see that we've totally lost the journalistic integrity and skill that was a hallmark of Boston sports journalism in previous decades.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

I have to admit the late to the game in Oakland day is a bit funny. BV is adamant he was not late because he was stuck in trafiic from the airport and called into the clubhouse that he was late. Yet he says he was not late even though he was late... huh?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

Burrito,  he does not consider himself late because he called his assistants and explained the situation.

I can understand that.  It is not like being intentionally late.  God, for him, it is like cutting frog hairs.  He can't do or say anything right without being examined under a microscope.

Besides, where is there a rule which says a manager must be at the ballpark 8 hrs. before the game?  Joe Madden does not do it.

Actually, to me, if a manager must be at the ballpark so many hours before a game, it says that he is not prepared or does not delegate authority very well.

In essence, why SHOULD he have to be at the park so early?

P.S.  what a pain in the arzz to type a comment without using contractions

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

In response to ampoule's comment:

My sentiment toward BV, until today, was neutral.  Now, I like him.

Diplomacy when dealing with the Boston media?? That's like negotiating with Ahmadinejad or
    al-Qaeda.

Unfortunately, the majority of Boston probably disagrees with me.

You might be surprised by how many people agree with you.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

Why fire the man now?  The season is long ago lost and there is no point in creating any more chaos than needs to be - just finish the year and show the fans that this was not a move to put money in the pockets of the owners, but rather a move to give us a better new look Sox for the future.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

And we get a bunch of posters no one knows all proclaiming the same thing. It's the team, not the manager. Did this extra perk come with the SI article that I'm sure doesn't blame him.

Once a media boy, always a media boy, and I'm sure he has connections in the media. It will never be his fault, we just fired everyone he didn't want on his team. Is this the Boston Red Sox, or the Bobby Valentine media darling Red Sox?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Franky. Show Franky's posts

No. Fire Peter Abraham, Mazz, Cafardo and CHB and get some unbiased reporting in Boston.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

LOL look at all the 'new posters' on this thread.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from leclercja. Show leclercja's posts

Baseball is better without the media.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

that isn't bobby v's style.  he is a fiery hot-headed albeit very intelligent man.  we all knew this.  i expected...nay...i WANTED him to say he's gonna punch the guy in the face.  that's what this team needs.  it doesn't need to be coddled.  it needs to be throttled.
    as for the boston sports media....the dude managed in new york for years.  do you think boston is that much rougher than NY?  (by the way - the question is rhetorical...we all know that NY media is just as insane as boston media).

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from das814. Show das814's posts

Needs to be fired now ?....Because all of a sudden the players will play up to their talent level and Red Sox Management will no longer act like this is a TV show instead of a baseball team ?

Go ahead and fire him now if you think he is to blame for the Red Sox poor performance.
    But if you think that he has been handed a raw deal from the start.....let him go after the season.

I'm no fan of Bobby V......I'm also not a fan of making Bobby V the scapegoat for this season.

In the end, it's the players.....it's always the players ( sorry Tito ).

Fix the players on the roster or find new players.....scapegoating Bobby V is just a
    dramatic TV show thing to do...good for talk radio...good for writers that want to feel superior to the manager....good for blood thirsty shut ins.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from macnh1. Show macnh1's posts

When the Red Sox win kids eat free at the 99......

The good news is that there's never a line at the 99 anymore!!!