Valentine needs to be fired

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

Re: Valentine needs to be fired

LOL Joey.  The strange thing is, after I changed all of the forbidden letter  to z's, it still wouldn't let me post when I was trying to use the quote feature to respond to Bosox1941.  Once I got rid of his quote, it let me post with no problem.  I also haven't had this problem in any other post that I've made in any other thread.  

Conclusion?    Bosox1941 must be the problem.   ;-)  LOL

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

1941 was a terrible movie

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

1941, you sure watch games with blinders on. The guy is a total car wreck. Have fun defending him now. When I was ripping him in May, no one listened. Now they're listening

No one is listening now either. Why? Because of the way you pontificate about your hate for Valentine. Most folks here let the season play out then decided if he did a good job or not. Not so for you or for Brady: you made up your minds before he managed a single game. Why should anyone listen to such closed minded individuals? I have still not made up my mind about whether he should or should not be given another year. There are good arguements on both sides. Its not nearly as black and white as folks like you and Brady think.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

for the record, I didn't have an issue with him when he was first hired. I had heard some things about his grandstanding and ability to say stupid stuff in NY. But I did give him a chance. Seeing him in action for 1-1/2 months and the things he said and even some of his bizarre lineup moves were the reason why I felt he was a bad fit. Then he got worse, and worse, and the FO and some fans here defended him more and  more. The worse he got, the more he was defended. Even now, as terrible as he is, he gets a free pass from a lot of posters on this board. I give georom credit for STARTING THIS THREAD BECAUSE I LEFT THIS ALONE FOR A WHILE.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

1941, you sure watch games with blinders on. The guy is a total car wreck. Have fun defending him now. When I was ripping him in May, no one listened. Now they're listening

No one is listening now either. Why? Because of the way you pontificate about your hate for Valentine. Most folks here let the season play out then decided if he did a good job or not. Not so for you or for Brady: you made up your minds before he managed a single game. Why should anyone listen to such closed minded individuals? I have still not made up my mind about whether he should or should not be given another year. There are good arguements on both sides. Its not nearly as black and white as folks like you and Brady think.

I think part of the reason myself and others didn't like him in the Spring was because....IT IS BOBBY VALENTINE!!!!!!

Seriously.  What more do you need to say?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

Well, I was concerned about his mouth, his ego, and that he would micromanage in an attempt to show everyone how smart he was.  I think my concerns were warranted. 

But more to the point, I don't think it was so much that it was Bobby Valentine as it was that he was the polar opposite of Francona.  If you're going to make a change, going from one extreme to the other in one step is usually not a good idea.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to RedSoxKimmi's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Well, I was concerned about his mouth, his ego, and that he would micromanage in an attempt to show everyone how smart he was.  I think my concerns were warranted. 

But more to the point, I don't think it was so much that it was Bobby Valentine as it was that he was the polar opposite of Francona.  If you're going to make a change, going from one extreme to the other in one step is usually not a good idea.

[/QUOTE]

Agreed.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to RedSoxKimmi's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Agreed, kimmi. BV not only thought he was smarter than everyone else, but after 10 years, was going to re-invent the game. Best thing to come out of it is, the FO realized the issues went farther and deeper than the manager, which lead the last weeks blockbuster trade. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from chuchos. Show chuchos's posts

There really is no reason to keep threat this point.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from niftybear. Show niftybear's posts

Valentine has only made problems on this team worse. I can't believe they are going to finish the season with him. The team will continue to sink and flounder and after a bitter Winter things could possibly carry over into next year. I say: fire him now and bring in an interim that the players can rally around - someone who will give them a reason to fight and be spoilers. Then that will be something to build on for next year. Keeping Valentine makes no sense.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Silverman has tweeted that Henry and Lucchino are on their way to Seattle.  Sounds like this could be it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Make that Henry and Cherington.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

Silverman has tweeted that Henry and Lucchino are on their way to Seattle.  Sounds like this could be it.

I hope so.  This team has no fire whatsoever.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

Not everything in the world is grey.  Somethings are black and white.  I started watching the RS in 1967.  That was 45 years ago.  This will be our 2nd worst record in those 45 years.  Sure there have been injuries, but no more than 2006 and 2010, and maybe not more than 2011.  BV has not only lost the clubhouse, is not only hated by virtually everyone in the organization, he's been a terrible field manager.

He is the single worst manager in baseball.  It is okay to let go.  We'll get someone that will get the players' respect, that will know how to say more than a few words without starting a fight, omeone that will know which arm the opposing pitcher throws with.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

Make that Henry and Cherington.

Not LL?  I've been at these meetings before.  It's always more important to see who is not at the meeting than who is at the meeting.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

The team's performance shouldn't be laid at Bobby V's feet.  Sure maybe a different coach might have led to a few more wins, but not enough to make a difference.

The team is bad because they have a terrible rotation.

This team had no chance from the get go.

That being said, Bobby is not the right coach for this team or this town.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from sti328. Show sti328's posts

It is not all his fault...but I never thought Tito deserved to be fired last year.

Too bad Tito is not coming back...even if the 3 stoogers went and beg on their knees.

So my question is who will be managing this team next year? Seriously, any good candidates out there? Robin Ventura worked, Mike Matheny worked, Joe Girardi worked (a few years ago), so is Varitek the answer?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to zti328'z comment:
    [QUOTE]

It is not all his fault...but I never thought Tito deserved to be fired last year.

Too bad Tito is not coming back...even if the 3 stoogers went and beg on their knees.

So my question is who will be managing this team next year? Seriously, any good candidates out there? Robin Ventura worked, Mike Matheny worked, Joe Girardi worked (a few years ago), so is Varitek the answer?

[/QUOTE]I'd loke to zee Arnie Beyeler get a zhot, az zoon az the PawZox are done.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

I think BV starts arguments with the players he doesn't like -- sometimes with his comments, and, I believe, he feeds the press stories off the record. He gets the players to react, and then calls them on it. And he always tries to make it seem like there's a rat in the clubhouse when he's probably the rat in the clubhouse. He tries to get the players to turn on each other. I can only imagine what he says to each one privately. I bet there's waaaay more to the Pedroia/Aceves thing that was probably started by BV. He's a nightmare for team camaraderie, and that's a big deal IMO.

All the blame going to the players, so it can't be his fault. And blaming 2011 is getting old if it wasn't already.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

In response to Flattiehater's comment:

Congratulations to DannyCater. Hands-down prize winner for the most annoying and simple-minded poster in the history of this forum. And that's going some beating out all the former greats like Law and the banned Yankee trolls who once made regular stops here to take a dump. Your 'I don't have anything to offer' trophy is on the way. You can track it by typing in this code: 2012loser.

Pike, or Sybil, I think your alter ego is such that you need a Frontal Lobotomy real soon. If I'm annoying, then what does that make you?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

It sounds like I scare simple-minds when I post things 3 to 4 months in advance and they just go to pieces when they realize I'm right.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

That post by Flattiehater was totally uncalled for and very wrong, dcater.   

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I know, but I think it's pike, hfx. Also, in that phot is that MIke Andrews?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I think the forum problems were fixed, also. No having to go back and change "s" or "hit"

Sections
Shortcuts