Valentine needs to be fired

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from fransdaughter. Show fransdaughter's posts

Re: Valentine needs to be fired

I think he's just frustrated.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

In response to macnh1 comment:

When the Red Sox win kids eat free at the 99......

The good news is that there's never a line at the 99 anymore!!! 

this made me literally lol. 
    +2

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4215569. Show user_4215569's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

* On Friday, Valentine arrived in the Red Sox clubhouse at 4:15, less than three hours before the start of the game. Most major league managers habitually arrived five hours or more before first pitch. Valentine's predecessor, Terry Francona, was usually in the clubhouse, home or away, before noon for a 7 p.m. night game.

A team spokesperson said Valentine had picked up his adult son at the airport.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4215569. Show user_4215569's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

* On Friday, Valentine arrived in the Red Sox clubhouse at 4:15, less than three hours before the start of the game. Most major league managers habitually arrived five hours or more before first pitch. Valentine's predecessor, Terry Francona, was usually in the clubhouse, home or away, before noon for a 7 p.m. night game.

A team spokesperson said Valentine had picked up his adult son at the airport.

He picked his son up at the airport and was caught in traffic. Give him a break.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4215569. Show user_4215569's posts

Give Valentine a break. He inherited a toxic club house with overpaid under-acheivers. See what happens next year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from globalman. Show globalman's posts

It was a hurried, poor and I dare say doomed choice from the beginning.  End it and start over with more careful thought and searching.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from HubSports. Show HubSports's posts

I don't think it makes any sense to fire him.

The Boston media is looking to throw someone under the bus for this season. For awhile it was Beckett but he is gone, so now it is Valentine. He is a little strange for sure but he knows his baseball and can be a big plus with young players which is all we are left with. Next year is a throw away. Jesus Christ could not sucessfully coach next years team to a playoff spot. Why would you pay Valentine a full years pay to get rid of him and then bring in another manager and have to also pay him and watch him also fail because the team simply isn't going to have a high level of talent, particularly pitching? A complete waste of money and a terrible way to conduct business. 

In my opinion getting rid of the megabucks contracts to LA is just a first step toward a sale of the Red Sox by the current owners. My guess is that is going to happen soon while the value is high and they are now cash flow positive. That is their background.

I think Valantine stays around for another year unless he ends up in the mental hospital.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from geosfun99. Show geosfun99's posts

Who's to blame?
    1. the players
    2. the injuries
    3. cherington, for his lousy deals, for not supporting him, for doing nothing at the trading deadline to help
    4. ownership for babying the spoiled brats and for not supporting him
    5. Bobby
    So, unless you mean for him to the scapegoat, many other heads should roll before him.
    And, BTW, if Becket, Lester, Bucholz had average years, the Sox would be competing for 1st place and everyone would be drooling over Bobby the Magician for having the team in contention despite near-record injuries.
    No, Bobby should not be fired. He deserves far better.
    [QUOTE]

it is sad but true...i was a big Bobby V supporter but the bottom line is that the team is dreadful....i thought he was hired to shake things up but the management really had no intention of doing that until the big trade...now he is the caretaker of the morgue....considering the fact that he is in his 60s and only has a two year deal, it makes no sense to retain him....we need a true overhaul....

[/QUOTE]

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BOSOX1941. Show BOSOX1941's posts

In response to ViewfromtheTop's comment:
    [QUOTE] I completely agree with your post. I want Valentine back next year. He is the best "manager" they will find. Forget Farrell, he was, along with Terry, the ruination of Dice-K.

Valentine deserves a medal for attempting to manage an unmanageable team. From the get-go, he wasn't given any public support. The word was out Cherington didn't want him. Luchino hired him because #1) No one wants to manage in Boston, #2) Valentine had a reputation for no-nonsense toughness. Unfortunately, for Valentine, he was handcuffed and muzzled early on. Why? Because of whining, immature, egomaniacal players who act/acted as if they found the cure for cancer. Then there was Beckett who didn't like Valentine because he didn't like a negative comment he heard Valentine make, as an Analyst, last season. Gee, Beckett, we all saw the fiasco created by those whining, ego-driven, under-achievers. Then we have Pedroia who just couldn't shut his mouth. Then we have Gonzalez, the lazy player who seemed to be having trouble getting runs this season but had plenty of time to complain about playing night games. Gonzalez gets caught planning to overthrow Valentine - after all, why should anyone else earn a buck at a game they love -it should just be for the team underachievers. Bobby Valentine has been bashed, overly-criticized and pummeled for this miserable non-producing group of players. The problems from last season continued into this season because of do-nothing owners/upper management. Ownership wined, dined, gifted, kissed A, for a team of losers - and that's what the players are - losers. It's "their" records, "their" stats - not Valentine's. What's occurred here is of no surprise to baseball watchers around the country. Bobby Valentine was all gung-ho about this opportunity given him - but he couldn't do the job he was hired to do because every word, every syllable, every action, every inaction has been attacked. There are plenty of us in Red Sox nation who support him and "get" what he's been up against. He's a guy working in the game of baseball, something he loves and the attacking media and some fans have been cruel beyond explanation. There's no one more than Bobby Valentine who wanted a winning, top-of-the-division team, than Bobby V. He was eager and optimistic but ownership/upper management, an attacking sports media (who'd be nothing if they didn't __itch), narrow-thinking fans, under-performing players who couldn't cut it without the booze in the clubhouse, slowly and methodically ate away at his enthusiasm. It's disgusting and all should be ashamed. He's owed a public apology. A loud public apology.

[/QUOTE]

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

OK OK.  I'll fire him...