Valentine: No miscommunication on Beckett-Your Reaction?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Re: Valentine: No miscommunication on Beckett-Your Reaction?

My reaction is that WEEI and some others are always looking for stories and this looked like a good one to trumpet.  It is in fact baloney.  He wasn't injured, but felt pain, plus he'd thrown 126 pitches.  So the Sox/Bobby V skipped a start as a precaution.  Not being injured, he played golf on an off day.  He threw in the bullpen the next day without pain, so maybe the golf helped. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 111SoxFan111. Show 111SoxFan111's posts

In Response to Re: Valentine: No miscommunication on Beckett-Your Reaction?:
    [QUOTE]My reaction is that WEEI and some others are always looking for stories and this looked like a good one to trumpet.  It is in fact baloney.  He wasn't injured, but felt pain, plus he'd thrown 126 pitches.  So the Sox/Bobby V skipped a start as a precaution.  Not being injured, he played golf on an off day.  He threw in the bullpen the next day without pain, so maybe the golf helped. 
    Posted by maxbialystock[/QUOTE]

Well said, sir.

After the "golf-gate" story broke, Boston.com had a poll something like "What about Beckett makes you angry the most?"  All the choices were something very negative about Beckett.  I think that poll should have had a choice for "I am most angry about the Boston media's vendetta against Beckett."  Oddly, since his last start, I can't seem to find that poll.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

Yes, it does in fact look as though the Boston Media has once again blown a non-issue WAY out of proportion, getting "us", including me, to take the bait.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 111SoxFan111. Show 111SoxFan111's posts

2004Idiots - Out of curiosity, do you work for Boston.com?  No offense intended, I'd just like to know if you are an average Joe/Jane posting whatever you feel like or if this is a vocation.

Thank you.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

I think he's one of us and likes to start discussions with these articles.  Good for 2004idiots. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Just talking to a friend of mine here in NYC.  Yankee fan.  He was laughing about the Nation's reaction to beckett and how out of proportion everything had been blown.  Asked me what was up with my people.  I said i had no clue, its just the way it is.  He said the Boston media made the New York media look like saints.  So true.  he dubbed them the "press box mafia".  ha.  love it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 111SoxFan111. Show 111SoxFan111's posts

FWIW, I found Valentine's support for Beckett to be refreshing.  His initial answer was a little off when he said something about not being the best use of his off day when he really should have just said "First I've heard of it.  I'll have to get the facts before making a judgement."  But he came through in the end and that's a good sign for him and, more importantly, this team.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

In Response to Re: Valentine: No miscommunication on Beckett-Your Reaction?:
    [QUOTE]Just talking to a friend of mine here in NYC.  Yankee fan.  He was laughing about the Nation's reaction to beckett and how out of proportion everything had been blown.  Asked me what was up with my people.  I said i had no clue, its just the way it is.  He said the Boston media made the New York media look like saints.  So true.  he dubbed them the "press box mafia".  ha.  love it.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]
    Here, here.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.