Valentine--Truth Be Told, Thanks For Driving More Players Away

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Re: Valentine--Truth Be Told, Thanks For Driving More Players Away

In Response to Re: Valentine--Truth Be Told, Thanks For Driving More Players Away:
    For the love of Win Remmerswal, can we please fire this guy...please, i'm begging.
    Posted by dannycater

Cater, your persistent whining about BV is getting old. He is not a great manager, and maybe he should be fired. But you ALWAYS miss the point: its the players and the GM who are mostly responsible for this joke of a franchise. Wake up and smell the turds Cater: its not just Valentine.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

In Response to Re: Valentine--Truth Be Told, Thanks For Driving More Players Away:
    In Response to Re: Valentine--Truth Be Told, Thanks For Driving More Players Away : Cater, your persistent whining about BV is getting old. He is not a great manager, and maybe he should be fired. But you ALWAYS miss the point: its the players and the GM who are mostly responsible for this joke of a franchise. Wake up and smell the turds Cater: its not just Valentine.
    Posted by pumpsie-green

and you will continually miss the point...you can't fire the players and the season has now slipped away at 4 games under .500....it's almost too late to fire him now. You have to change the dynamic, not mope about what is wrong with the players.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

In Response to Valentine--Truth Be Told, Thanks For Driving More Players Away:
    “From what I gather it’s common, it’s what happens here. One of the things I was discussing with one of the players was that all this noise is one of the reasons players don’t like to sign here,” said the manager. “You know, they don’t have to deal with it in other markets. They don’t have to worry about the drama of the day, they can just go out and play baseball.” The guy just can't help himself. Great way of telling every free agent in 2013 out there, DON'T COME TO BOSTON...what a maroon. Gee thanks, BV. Let Kruk say that on ESPN or Reynolds on MLB Channel---don't say it as the Manager of the Boston Red Sox. That's NOT HOW WE DO IT AROUND HERE!
    Posted by dannycater

If you really think he is a team guy--Valentine--then would you want your boss telling you to NOT come to work for you? What kind of idiot would say what Valentine said just today.....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Not a good move on Bobby V's part. He had to know all of this going in, he's a fool for saying it on the record. Yes, Boston is a pressure cooker. He should be part of the reason, however, that players choose to come here. With comments like that it sounds like he has one foot out the door and it's not a bad idea to give him a shove. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

In Response to Re: Valentine--Truth Be Told, Thanks For Driving More Players Away : I don't get the love affair with BV.  He's a terrible manager from almost any perspective.  I think the only reason why some posters have tolerated him is the same reason LL has.  Nobody wants to say how much better it was when Tito was here. At this point, just plan for the future.  Hire Alomar or Tek.  Hire anyone that will get back to the business of just playing BB.
    Posted by Joebreidey

exactly....i wanted sandy alomar but we know who we got...this team has to much talent to be this bad...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Don't hire a guy who works as a spokesman for ESPN to manage a ball club, unless you want everything and everyone hung out to dry in the press.

Don't tell me he still doesn't have connections to an organization like ESPN who loves this stuff. That would be impossible to believe. He still loves a good story, and, apparently, doesn't even care if it's his own team being beaten up by the press.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

kim, i wouldn't go that far. However, he's so ill-prepared on that weekly radio show he goes on, it's as if he just doesn't care about the Sox, their players, the organization. A guy who was never invested into the history of the team with no connections to the Sox, and he acts like it. Immature statements frequently, and almost daily. It's just that the Boston media does a good job of reporting the quotes while some small market teams maybe post stuff like that once or twice in a week. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

For the record, Tony Pena, Mike Stanley, Sandy Alomar Jr, were all guys that could have stepped in and done a much better job under the circumstances than BV. But that's my opinion, I'm sure the .505 BV crowd thinks he walks on water. I loved Ralph Houk, but his last Sox team was horrible and gave up. Sometimes you make the managerial change not based on managerial skills but based on team performance and how players have responded to said manager. BV has gotten the worst out of this team--that is a fact.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxdawg08. Show soxdawg08's posts

What do you expect from a guy who's a few stories short of the penthouse?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Watergate started with tons of rips on the Washington Post and how "shameless" they were....turns out everything was true. Passan isn't going to stake his reputation as a writer with lies and untruths. "90 percent speculation"...Yeah, like speculating that BV didn't call out Youkils, didn't embarrass Middlebrooks, didn't irk CC, and didn't tell the entire Sox Nation that players should not sign in Boston because "the noise" makes it too difficult...his words....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Punto at 3b, you can't make this stuff up.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Gordon Edes even copied my take on the situation in his ESPN Boston article. Why would anyone want to sign with Sox when its own manager says its too tough a place to play in due to the "noise."

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

Valentine's statement about "free agents not wanting to come here" should have been the last thing he ever got to say as an employee of the Boston Red Sox!!!

He should have been replaced last night/this morning as manager if only for that ONE statement.  No excuses, no feeling sorry for the guy.  He cannot take it back.  No "my bad" can fix this one.  Of course, he has made numerous other mistakes with his big mouth that have affected the players all year as well.

He has been a HUGE part of the failure of this year's team and is by far the easiest part of the problem to change.  Managers are changed all the time in MLB.  I would guess that there have been very few seasons where all of the managers complete the year.

I have mentioned it before, but the Sox brass never seem to want to admit to a mistake.  I guess it is better to just fall apart than make a change, but this guy crossed the line BIG TIME (again and again and again) with the comment about free agents yesterday.

I have also offered my services to manage the Sox for the rest of the season for housing and meals about three weeks ago.  I could do better than Valentine and so could many of the fans, but Bogar (or someone else) should be the manager from at least now through the 162nd game after what Valentine let fly out of his mouth yesterday.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

charlie, I'd have fired him before the radio show was over...seriously. To say that as the manager of the team is so NOT HAVING YOUR TEAM'S BACK. He's the opposite of what a manager should stand for. This guy doesn't need a good bench coach, he needs a good public relations firm to clean up his image and basically tell him to stick to 1 or 2 word answers to questions. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Pedroia and Gonzalez get thrown under a bus, while this clown continues to trot out Punto lineups and say whatever he wants without any team retribution. Seventeen players come to a meeting to complain about him. That's got to be a record in MLB for a mutiny. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

I remember back in Spring Training when so many people were talking about Bobby V in such a positive way.  That he would unite the team and deal with things like a man.

Might I say.  AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAAA.

Wow.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

I could deal with the doubt things he's said all yr but after throwing the organization under the bus like that he should've been fired ASAP w/out question.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

to me, that's a clear sign that Larry, John H. and Werner don't care about the organization anymore. That never would have been tolerated during the Tito regime. To say that is job suicide and instead we have Larry defending BV for the rest of the season. They feel that guilty about the BV hiring. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

17 players came to discuss the team problems, NOT complain about Bobby.

I mean seriously, who cares anyway?  I watch the damn games, the Sox players STINK.  What do you want Bobby to do???? Invent talent???

The pitching BLOWS.  Get over it.   We all know the Boston fans and media shred everyone.   Blame your idiotic crybaby posts for showing the media they do their jobs well.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

poor soxmeister wants to keep his head in the sand...i get it, feel free.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SmileybeniTheFool. Show SmileybeniTheFool's posts

In Response to; Valentine--Truth Be Told, Thanks For Driving More Players Away:
    “From what I gather it’s common, it’s what happens here. One of the things I was discussing with one of the players was that all this noise is one of the reasons players don’t like to sign here,” said the manager. “You know, they don’t have to deal with it in other markets. They don’t have to worry about the drama of the day, they can just go out and play baseball.” The guy just can't help himself. Great way of telling every free agent in 2013 out there, DON'T COME TO BOSTON...what a maroon. Gee thanks, BV. Let Kruk say that on ESPN or Reynolds on MLB Channel---don't say it as the Manager of the Boston Red Sox. That's NOT HOW WE DO IT AROUND HERE!
    Posted by dannycater

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I guess this got bumped, but I've been saying it for almost 4 months that BV has created the toxic atmosphere and that the player just won't, can't win for him. And it's been actually worse since the Vote of Confidence Hour.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In Response to Re: Valentine--Truth Be Told, Thanks For Driving More Players Away : While Boston has always been tough, it's never been remotely this bad.  What was the biggest blow up on tito's watch?  Manny, that's about it.  And there weren't that many before then either.  We had the 25 cab thing before Tito came, but even that was relatively mild compared to what we see today.
    Posted by Joebreidey

What we see today, is the culmination of the last 8 years, coming to a head Sep 2011. It's going to take years of undoing what Francona did.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

lol, alibi...come on, this is all Tito's fault??You are a completely delusional.

Sections
Shortcuts