Valentine--Truth Be Told, Thanks For Driving More Players Away

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

Re: Valentine--Truth Be Told, Thanks For Driving More Players Away

DC has to answer his own posts because everyone realizes how inconsequential his comments are. Nothing but blather, while he gives Ben a pass on all this. After all, Ben is being told what to do.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Ben is given a pass? LL is given a pass? I've ripped them both. LL especially.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

BV has done it. He's outlasted Youkilis, Beckett, AGON, CC, Bob McClure, and managed to direct the Sox to 6 games under .500 on Aug. 25. He got a Vote of Confidence, and for once, he's not the "story" in the papers--the Blockbuster has effectively taken the media spotlight away from him. It's the best thing to happen to BV. He'll have an opportunity to manage the Sox to mediocrity for years to come. As we all know, none of the clubhouse/toxicity has anything to do with him. Nothing. Let me be the first to congratulate Bobby. Well done, sir.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

If I don't get to see AGON as a Sox anymore, then damned if I am going to let this SOB off the hook. He's still a terrible manager, terrible leader, and terrible with the Boston media.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

In Response to Re: Valentine--Truth Be Told, Thanks For Driving More Players Away:
    [QUOTE]Good riddance to Gonzalez the whining and crying, gutless rat. _________________________________ Curt Schilling Deadbeat Fraud Clown
    Posted by bellhorn_[/QUOTE]

do you like wait for me to post...it's almost like you are a lapdog for Calzone65/Pike.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Bobby Valentine is as worthless as this game gets.

Sorry, but his only highlight this season has been getting ejected from games.  And most of that seems to be on the pretense that he's "got his players' backs."

Has it not been twice this season that he's taken words from his players and given them to the media?  Three times?  Losing count.  Gutless and worthless. 

Players are winning to spite him.  I think it's silly to pretend that this team can now undergo a "healing process" with a trained chimp at the helm.

They had their shot with Farrell and others, but chose this idiot.  There is simply no defense of him as a manager.  He has hit rock bottom and continues to dig.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

The Sox will fire him...but not until the season ends.  What new manager wants to step into the middle of this mess?  ...and would it even be fair or smart?  A new manager means new coaches (unlike BV who was not allowed to bring his own staff in to manage with - he had to go with the losers already in place). 

This will be the most fun winter in a long time! 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from modod. Show modod's posts

In response to "Re: Valentine--Truth Be Told, Thanks For Driving More Players Away": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Valentine--Truth Be Told, Thanks For Driving More Players Away :   do you like wait for me to post...it's almost like you are a lapdog for Calzone65/Pike. Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE] It's a cut and paste response. It's all over every thread about the trade. It's like a little kid who learned a swear word and just repeats it over and over for the shock response..

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ABQDan. Show ABQDan's posts

I wonder why a higher post total and word count indicates ... wisdom on here?

East coast (and some other) markets are media intense and which player do you think does not understand that?  Players are lured by money and the chance to win.

I've had personal and/or working relationships with MLB and NBA players, and some of them like it, and some don't, and some sign where they don't care for the city and see it as a road job.

No one gives a darn that Kevin Garnett disappears to South Carolina at any opportunity.

Good players (guys who are starters throughout their careers) will tell you that they understand that the relationship with fans is complicated.  Players are also people, and they get burnt out just like many of us in jobs that others would find perfectly fine.

The idea that free agents would avoid Boston because of the fans and/or media is ridiculous.  The opportunity to win, the money, and the way the organization is run day-to-day is what matters.

In this instance, the Sox *do* have a serious issue with the latter, as Larry "KGB Lieutenant" Lucchino ensures a negative environment.  But as much as I think Bobby Valentine is completely unsuited for the job, his remarks are meaningless.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ABQDan. Show ABQDan's posts

Let me restate this more plainly:

What Bobby Valentine said has no impact on free agent signings.

The hanging out of Terry Francona's laundry in the Hohler story would have massive impact.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichFan. Show MichFan's posts

The players do not run the organization.  It's bad enough they rob it of millions and generally do they produce.  Ortiz seems to be a steal at this point.  No long term deals but he is worth millions to this club for the next year.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

Agreed Encinitas.   The Sox just ridded themselves of garbage.  200 mil worth.  Gonzo was worht the money but the other 2 were garbage for what they were paid.  Beckett did his time and is ready to retire and doesn't care.  CC was just overpaid and should not have signed here.  Gonzo is the real deal but u have to give up something to get back on track.   This will not drive anyone away from the Sox in fact it might draw them closer now to help be part of the next title.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

People want a complete purge, including now going after Lackey, they want Aceves released for arguing or getting upset with BV, they still want Ellsbury to leave, and you still have fans who want Salty gone for "defensive purposes and that he can't make contact". What's left? Oh yeah, the guy I correctly predicted would get the most benefit from this Blockbuster, the guy whose behavior himself gets to be thrown under, quietly under a pile of papers...HE'S THE ONE WHO BENEFITS THE MOST...He gets to continue being manager of this joke franchise. He gets to say I outlasted long-time All-Star Kevin Youkilis, the team's best hitter Adrian Gonzalez, the team's former best pitcher Josh Beckett, and the team's albatross signing Carl Crawford.....Well, good for you, and good for all the fans who blindly follow him as the team's leader....What a match made in Sox Pink Hat Nation Hell. ...meanwhile, a few Sox fans see the repurcussions, look at the actual lack of personnel issues that have been created, and then look at the leadership of the franchise....The face of the new Sox---Bobby Valentine. Welcome to the Manager gets the free pass era.

16. This post has been removed.