Valetine given hush money?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Re: Valetine given hush money?

If you got $2 M in the last two weeks you might not need the limelight for a while.

What's he going to say that he hasn't already and what's he going to say about LL who got him the job or JH who wrote out a check for a  full years pay. He might have something to say about BenC but who cares; it was the kids first year in charge.

I think it will be pretty quiet.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

In response to Soxchemistry's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to georom4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

apparently the sox brass and communist party members are of the same ilk...criticism is unwanted and must be stifled.....no organization can improve if it fears open discourse - the Sox brass are as insulated and hostile to the free exchange of info and opinion as any i have ever seen...the self serving and useless press conferences where nothing is said, no real answers to any deep questions, the secrecy of injur reports...blah blah blah...

[/QUOTE]

So Pike, do you use multiple logins or not?  If so, why?  Those are simple questions.

You were Communistcontrarian? You had me fooled. I thought that it was some dizzy broad who liked to be photographed with her legs spread next to her bicycle. It never occured to me that it was just a high school history teacher trolling the Internet. Hats off to you.

[/QUOTE]

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]

apparently the sox brass and communist party members are of the same ilk...criticism is unwanted and must be stifled.....no organization can improve if it fears open discourse - the Sox brass are as insulated and hostile to the free exchange of info and opinion as any i have ever seen...the self serving and useless press conferences where nothing is said, no real answers to any deep questions, the secrecy of injur reports...blah blah blah...

[/QUOTE]

Admit it. You're just ticked that you're not getting more ammo to rant about.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

Every major corporation in the world manages their image and message as aggressively as possible;  why should the Sox be any different?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

No kidding. Fans should be more worried about who is running the state, than soap opera type drama.

I'm not sure what one has to do with another.  Do you have a hierarchy of what to worry about?  Can you not worry about the wife and kids, or mom and dad, or the RS, or the state, etc.?  I feel comfortable that most people can prioritize, and know BB is just a game.

[/QUOTE]

Nothing. It was meant to show that people are absorbed in things that don't really affect their lives, when they should be more concerned with such things. Take for example voter turnout. Only about 45% of registered voters participate in the general election. A sad statistic indeed!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

In response to Alibiike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

No kidding. Fans should be more worried about who is running the state, than soap opera type drama.

I'm not sure what one has to do with another.  Do you have a hierarchy of what to worry about?  Can you not worry about the wife and kids, or mom and dad, or the RS, or the state, etc.?  I feel comfortable that most people can prioritize, and know BB is just a game.

[/QUOTE]

Nothing. It was meant to show that people are absorbed in things that don't really affect their lives, when they should be more concerned with such things. Take for example voter turnout. Only about 45% of registered voters participate in the general election. A sad statistic indeed!

[/QUOTE]

It is, but I think it supports Joe's point i.e. that 55% doesn't vote for all sorts of reasons, but being busy, or having other interests, isn't one of them.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

Name one team who isn't, geo. Isn't that what BB and the Patriots organization are so highly praised for??

[/QUOTE]

Bay, 

Great point and rebuttel to GEO. Not going to the press is what keeps the Pats out of the Boston media's three ring circus who feed on anything they can build into a controversy. Witness Welker with only three catches in week one. Next the media is all over it. There is such a thing as "less is more" or keep it simple which is part of the Pats phiosophy I believe.

As for Bobby V I'm glad he's gone, nothing personal but he was not a good fit from the beginning.

Hetch 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

In response to bellhorn_'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

The actual clause in the contract is that Bobby Valentine cannot utter a word until one year after his contract expires.  Not one word....about anything.   Not one sound....if he is caught uttering even a sound, he will forfeit the money and have to give it back.  It's like that old Twilight Zone episode, but I'd doubt Bobby would have his vocal chords surgically removed to ensure his own silence....never know though.

And how would you know this. You've seen the actual contract.

Hetch 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

In response to Modano9009's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Bobby's the kind of guy who has an opinion on everything so the media gives him a platform to talk about it. Bobby going on ESPN or the radio to bury the Red Sox would sell. If John Farrell leaves Toronto I'm sure he'll have a number of behind the scenes Blue Jay issues but ESPN isn't going to go to him for a quote because nobody cares about the Blue Jays or what Brett Lawrie does in the clubhouse. The mess Boston is percieved to be is a hot story, Valentine will be asked. He might not tell anymore dirt than any manager would have after leaving a team but he'd be a risk to talk, given who he is.

[/QUOTE]

Lawrie is a very good third baseman.  

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to pinstripezac's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to pinstripezac's comment:
    [QUOTE]

no worries here

now that terry has a mgr job

his book with CHB can't be 2 far away

[/QUOTE]

hey I was just joking

but it turns out to be true

Pub date of Terry Francona book moved up

10/09/2012 7:46 PM

The news that former Sox skipper
    Terry Francona had landed a job as
    the manager of the Cleveland Indians has prompted Houghton Mifflin
    Harcourt to move up the pub date of “Francona: The Red Sox Years.” The book by Tito and Globe sports scribe Dan Shaughnessy was previously scheduled to hit shelves in May, but will now go on sale Feb. 5. The Boston-based publisher is promising an “insightful, honest and entertaining narrative” of Francona’s tenure with the Sox, which of course included two World Series championships. But it
    also included a rather ugly ending, and we hope that’s addressed, too.

[/QUOTE]

It will be addressed, but don't count on it being ugly. Not Franconas style. He knows the FO came out on the wrong end.  He also knows it cant do anything but hurt his future managing opportunities.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

I agree.

I don't see Francona saying much more than that he was wounded by the shabby treatment he got last year.

He may have a few choice words for Bob Hohler

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

any club that does that is seriously deranged...this is a baseball team - not a nation....maybe the excessive secrecy is limiting the ability for the sox to improve...seems like these yes men in charge want a good brand - not a good baseball team.....

[/QUOTE]

Every company does this.  Can't recruit employees, reveal trade secrets, work for competitors under certain conditions, badmouth the company, etc.

Further, for a little more money, you can't sue for any reason.

They have a standard separation agreement.  It's kind of funny.  I've seen this a couple of times.  Literally, a check in one hand, and a release in the other.

You might need to get out more.

[/QUOTE]

you know even less about business than you do baseball....it is common practice of large companies to actually ask their disgruntled, resigning, leaving employees to express their honest views about the organization in order to figure out what wrong and right...thats called honesty and you cant improve without it....i have clearly stated that the secrecy of this organization is an imprediment to improvement....they practice groupthink and circle the wagons to protect themselves and the "brand".....trying to better the team?  not so much....ho else can one describe those rambling, self-serving, non informational "press conferences" after a manager's firing....Joey thinks this makes a team successful.....their insulated paranoia the last 5 years says otherwise....we have the antithesis of an open organization where merit /talent trumps all....instead we have a ship full of rats who will say or do anything to protect #1...

btw if valentine were smart he would simply sign a book deal that would expose the Sox for what they are...a dysfunctional, unlikeable fraud of an organization...he would make much more than his hush money and actually help destroy this culture of idiocy that was responsible for failure....let's hope he does....

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

why would any reporter NOT report what went wrong in 2012....they were EXACTLY right about 2011....

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In response to FenwayJimmy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The reporters asked Bucholz what went wrong and his response was "Everything". That is a simple, brief, concise, and very accurate response. The media reported this but they surely weren't happy with it since they wanted to hear him badmouth or scapegoat specific people. The media should all transfer to the Enquirer or other tabloids.

[/QUOTE]

everything is a good answer...now reporters should try to report on exactly what happened...it would be fascinating and help expose our management frauds

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

In response to Hetchinspete's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to bellhorn_'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

The actual clause in the contract is that Bobby Valentine cannot utter a word until one year after his contract expires.  Not one word....about anything.   Not one sound....if he is caught uttering even a sound, he will forfeit the money and have to give it back.  It's like that old Twilight Zone episode, but I'd doubt Bobby would have his vocal chords surgically removed to ensure his own silence....never know though.

And how would you know this. You've seen the actual contract.

Hetch 

[/QUOTE]

While I imagine bellhorn_ has no more or less knowledge of BV's original contract than anyone else here, I imagine that all such contracts have clauses around "morality", "loyalty", "charity" etc.....so if BV was the manager of the Sox in 2013 and made a negative comment about the Sox ownership (and he wasn't doing well in his job!) he'd be subject to the same contractual penalties as an ex-manager on Gardening Leave.  Perhaps there is a high-powered, gold-laden lawyer here that could add some weight to that assumption?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]

why would any reporter NOT report what went wrong in 2012....they were EXACTLY right about 2011....

[/QUOTE]

How do you know "they were EXACTLY right", geo?

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]

you know even less about business than you do baseball....it is common practice of large companies to actually ask their disgruntled, resigning, leaving employees to express their honest views about the organization in order to figure out what wrong and right...thats called honesty and you cant improve without it....i have clearly stated that the secrecy of this organization is an imprediment to improvement....they practice groupthink and circle the wagons to protect themselves and the "brand".....trying to better the team?  not so much....ho else can one describe those rambling, self-serving, non informational "press conferences" after a manager's firing....Joey thinks this makes a team successful.....their insulated paranoia the last 5 years says otherwise....we have the antithesis of an open organization where merit /talent trumps all....instead we have a ship full of rats who will say or do anything to protect #1...

btw if valentine were smart he would simply sign a book deal that would expose the Sox for what they are...a dysfunctional, unlikeable fraud of an organization...he would make much more than his hush money and actually help destroy this culture of idiocy that was responsible for failure....let's hope he does....

[/QUOTE]

Yes, corprorations do that.

Do they also go public with their findings?

That's what you're insisting they do, and NO corporation does that.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Because that's what he wants to believe...

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Because that's what he wants to believe...

[/QUOTE]

this is idiotic even for you B's....what part of it was wrong?  was beckett a cancer? was agon a subversive yet passionless force, was pedroia a big baby and liar anout what happened under francona? were the players spoiled and out of shape?  i guess that didnt pan out in 2012 either when they kept the same team together until they realized they were morons for not seeing what everyone (except you and ben) saw...