Valverde

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from seabeachfred. Show seabeachfred's posts

Re: Valverde

In response to eggplants' comment:

There is one thing that Kalish is way better at than Reddick is, that's hitting the DL. Reddicks DL numbers are like Sweeneys HR total for 2012.

I was a big fan of Kalish in 2010 and actually believed he was a better young player than Reddick, but the guy cannot seem to get out of his own way.  He needs to stay healthy and get his a@s in the lineup and stay there.  If he comes up lame again next season he needs to be sent away...anywhere.  We've had enough fragile pretzels on our team.  We need people who can stay in one piece for a change.

As for Valverde, Johnson and some of the other closers in this post season, it should tell you just how valuable Foulke and Papelbon were to us during those two WS Title seasons, now seemingly as far away as Mars.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:

Dont get why most are wishing the worst for Reddick. To validate the trade?? I would get it if he left, (ie Damon) but it wasn't his doing. It's did and done and not playing well won't change it.  Why not wish him the best?

I wish he was still a member of the Sox. Lead all OF'ers in assists and swings a good bat. Those that are down on him simply lack baseball IQ.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to Yonkersman's comment:

I just read the thread and only one poster was trashing Reddick. I thought that Valverde was the topic?

Don't you mean "someone read the the thread to me"?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rightymclefty. Show rightymclefty's posts

Well, if the Red Sox had a RF who hit .118, with only 2 hits and 10 strikeouts in a playoff, he'd be run out of town.

Instead, we have apologists, who only look at the 32 HRs and nothing else. Same people who go into the stats for every other player.

Bottom line is, Reddick does not hit when it matters. Don't tell me about the roller through the infield the other night. As ever, he had ZERO hits in the playoff with men on base. Yet some posters will be outraged that someone has the temerity to question Reddick's ability to hit in the clutch and do anything at the plate except solo HRs and strike out.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thomasmtom. Show Thomasmtom's posts

Considering Reddick's age he had a good year and may very well have better years ahead of him.

Sections
Shortcuts