Varitek and Reality

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Re: Varitek and Reality

In Response to Re: Varitek and Reality:
    I think that is a fair analysis Mr. SinceYaz .
    Posted by BurritoT

Thanks.   Guess what I had for dinnah last night? 

TWO burritos ...

How bout dem manzana?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

First: 10/16/2007
    Last: 6/28/2011
    When he said "we" he was referring to harness and he..... they are tight.
    Posted by BurritoT

Yes, Steve's a good friend.
    You, OTOH, are Softy's b*tch

Ouch.  That was painful ...

At first I thought you meant Steve .... which was quite sharp.
         Then I re-read it ... still left a sting.

:o)

Hey, harness.

Learned a new word .... instead of being someone's B ... the word you used, one could call him a lickspittle.....

and I bet the mods don't block it ....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dadairt666. Show Dadairt666's posts

Actually, I think The Tak/ Salty experiemnt has come around very nicely. Tek is having a decent year at the plate and Salty just seems to be getting better all the time. I love Salty's enthusiasm, too.  He really seems to be enjoying himself when he's out there. Granted, he has to step up his defensive throwing more, but offensively I think he has made alot of progress and I know longer think of him as an automatic out at the plate, even in critical situations. He's shown some power as well and seems to be someone who is eager to learn. I think he's finally starting tot ap into some of that enormous potential he has had ever since he was drafted. For the long term I would be very comfortable sticking with Salty now. Tek is a nice compliment, and I think his presence and mentoring has been a HUGE asset to Salty's development also.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dadairt666. Show Dadairt666's posts

The worst part of the VMart situation is that we gave up a young pitching stud in Justin Masterson, who could have been an enormous asset to the pitching staff long after VMart has retired, for what was essentially a one year VMart rental.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

The worst part of the VMart situation is that we gave up a young pitching stud in Justin Masterson, who could have been an enormous asset to the pitching staff long after VMart has retired, for what was essentially a one year VMart rental.
    Posted by Dadairt666

At the time we needed a change, the team no longer had big guns and Jason wasn't hitting.  I think Theo made the correct move this season by teaming Tek and Salty together but it will be tough for Jason to stick with the team much longer.  Lavarnway seems to be a pure hitting catcher who is alkso improving behingd the plate.  Fed is our young defensive stud who I watched last night and he has also begun to hit, over 300 in June so our catching situation seems to be working itself out from within the system.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In Response to Re: Varitek and Reality : No way that is true. Catchers can certainly make a pitcher more comfortable. And catchers like Varitek, who know everything about every player to come to bat, are invaluable to pitchers IMO. When he's gone, there's going to be a huge gap to fill.
    Posted by kimsaysthis

He didn't catch much last year and except for Beckett, the pitching was fine with Vmart behind the dish.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Actually, I think The Tak/ Salty experiemnt has come around very nicely. Tek is having a decent year at the plate and Salty just seems to be getting better all the time. I love Salty's enthusiasm, too.  He really seems to be enjoying himself when he's out there. Granted, he has to step up his defensive throwing more, but offensively I think he has made alot of progress and I know longer think of him as an automatic out at the plate, even in critical situations. He's shown some power as well and seems to be someone who is eager to learn. I think he's finally starting tot ap into some of that enormous potential he has had ever since he was drafted. For the long term I would be very comfortable sticking with Salty now. Tek is a nice compliment, and I think his presence and mentoring has been a HUGE asset to Salty's development also.
    Posted by Dadairt666

Absolutely agree with all your points; brilliantly orchestrated by management to put both players in a position to succeed now (stuck w/Salty early like they did w/Pedy when he started slow) and in the long term (Tek mentoring Salty).

Sections
Shortcuts