Varitek as manager

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Varitek as manager

He has the toughness and understanding of this roster  that this team might thrive under.  He is a leader, but what happened this year may have been because his role was not defined enough.  Did he look and Beckett putting on the pounds and bite his tongue that is a valid question?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Re: Varitek as manager

In Response to Varitek as manager:
    [QUOTE]He has the toughness and understanding of this roster  that this team might thrive under.  He is a leader, but what happened this year may have been because his role was not defined enough.  Did he look and Beckett putting on the pounds and bite his tongue that is a valid question?
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

Wow.. After biggest collapse season you want a retired ready player without any managerial experience as your manager???????

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

Ludicrous notion on so many levels. Tek may very well be part of the problem. His time as Captain is over.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

No.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

This OP is an example of the fact that most fans don't have a clue what an MLB manager does and that they think they can do the job. Tek has never managed at any level before, let alone this level in this city.

I am sure if it is career he wants to persue after playing that Tek could be a fine manager but not at the MLB to start.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from crmn19. Show crmn19's posts

[QUOTE]He has the toughness and understanding of this roster  that this team might thrive under.  He is a leader, but what happened this year may have been because his role was not defined enough.  Did he look and Beckett putting on the pounds and bite his tongue that is a valid question?

Rumors of his having relations with one of the female television personalities might be an issue

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PaulLaCourse. Show PaulLaCourse's posts

Sounds like your typical "conflict of interest" to me.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Varitek might not be the answer.  I have no idea what has gone on internally with this team, but previous to this year I had thought this guy had a future as a manager.  Who cares if he had a thing with Heidi Watney?  She appears to be an idiot but Varitek has moved on thankfully.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from crmn19. Show crmn19's posts

In Response to Re: Varitek as manager:
    [QUOTE]Varitek might not be the answer.  I have no idea what has gone on internally with this team, but previous to this year I had thought this guy had a future as a manager.  Who cares if he had a thing with Heidi Watney?  She appears to be an idiot but Varitek has moved on thankfully.

I care not if he did or didn't but it shows a significant lack of brains for his position on the team considering he was still married, on paper, during that period.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cglassanos. Show cglassanos's posts

I don't want to pile on here (but I will) and I do like 'Tek quite a bit.  However, after choosing that baseball towny wench as his fiance, she who gets around baseball faster than a Nolan Ryan ear-ball, he proved to me he has shyt for brains.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

He is not ready to manage.  We need a real manager and a disciplined manager.  Tito was always soft in his style.  A change is needed.  But not Tek

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

No way to Varitek.  He was the Captain this season, and I haven't heard him step up once as a leader this year.  Plus, this team needs an outside perspective, as the team seems to have very little respect and chemistry amongst each other. Lastly, it's too hard for him to be manager on a team where he has played with most of them.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Things have changed, at one time this was a good potential idea but Varitek did not lead this year.  Let's move on to someone else.  I was thinking of the Tek from circa 2007.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

He  would be a good coach,  at some level, but not a manager. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Guvnor. Show Guvnor's posts

Not a chance , part of the problem and needs to be released. Maybe in 10 years time

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

And the supposed captain of this train wreck? He should be one of the first players shipped out of town. Where was his voice in September???????????

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

[QUOTE]Ludicrous notion on so many levels. Tek may very well be part of the problem. His time as Captain is over.
    Posted by sindarin-erebor[/QUOTE]

Agreed 100%. No way should he be brought back. He probably was one of the problems, complaining about his lack of playing time, being Beckett's binky, etc.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

I really don't understand the need for a captain , or what the duties are. Most baseball teams don't have one.  At any rate , as the " captain " , where was Varitek when all these shenanigans were happening?  Sorry , I don't see any real leadership qualities in Varitek.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Maybe someday. As in, after he get some coaching experience. Boston is not the place to cut your teeth.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Bullpen coach?Yes.
    Manager?No.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikezep61. Show mikezep61's posts

This team DESPERATELY needs an OUTSIDER.  That way NONE of the 25 guys are too comfortable and have to spend a little time proving their worth for the first time in a very long time.

(Although, I must admit, not seeing Varitek tanking in September again at the plate would be quite sweet --- a .129 September batting average over the past 4 seasons combined is DISGUSTING). 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtDawgSox. Show DirtDawgSox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Varitek as manager : Rumors of his having relations with one of the female television personalities might be an issue
    Posted by crmn19[/QUOTE]
    Those were just that, rumors. Tek is engaged to Swisher's former fiance and plans to be married. The television person is a decent nice girl.

Sections
Shortcuts