Varitek: O's 'can literally kiss my rear end'

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Re: Varitek: O's 'can literally kiss my rear end'

In Response to Re: Varitek: O's 'can literally kiss my rear end':
    [QUOTE]hi nizzy! one thing that I really loved seeing was big john lackey right smack dab in the middle of that scrum defending his teammates. plus watching scoot's jumping on greggs back had me laughing my butt off. he looked like he was greggs backpack he was so small compared to the 6-4 230lb gregg. papi could have saved himself alot of grief not swinging at a 3-0 pitch when we were up by 7 runs or so. plus, a split second after gregg shouted at papi to run the bases, the blueman threw him outta the game. but I dygress: I agree with Tek and yeah the O's can kiss his azz. the oriholes suck plain and simple and are gonna get swept next week in their own park. bank on it.
    Posted by Hammah29r2[/QUOTE]the most aggresive Lackey's been in awhile? :-)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

This is from the NYTimes, last fall.  It's a bit different right now, but not by much.
    Notice the playoff teams in that bottom tier? 

Showalter needs to get his head out of his *** and start to manage.     

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2010/09/26/sports/20090926-score-graphic.html

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Awesome find Soups!

Buck effectively told his players that he'd rather ditch many of them for higher paid players.  Truly shameful on his part.  Same thing with Gregg.  Again, Baltimore is a much bigger market than Boston so there is no need to claim that Boston has an unfair, inheritent advantage; they do not, Baltimore does.......

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mistercharlietoldmeso. Show Mistercharlietoldmeso's posts

Maybe you can respond w/o insults...maybe you can't...

In any case why is it you can't see the irony and humor in
    the fact that Yankee fans have had to listen for years  about the Yankees unfair advantage in payroll...???

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Varitek: O's 'can literally kiss my rear end' : the most aggresive Lackey's been in awhile? :-)
    Posted by jete02fan[/QUOTE]

looked pretty good the other day after that little basebrawl eh jetes! meanwhile, back at the ranch, you guys got lucky by the skin of your teeth yesterday. that game could have gone either way until shields threw the ball away giving you the winning run. you can kid me all you want about lackey, however, you guys have some bigger problems than we do. Mo's hurt, Arod's gone for surgery, you got only 2 strarters right now and joba's down as well. the last thing that you and your yanks need to see is John Lackey making a serious comeback the 2nd half.

oh yeah, and again congrats on your name sake getting his 3,000th hit. Smile

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Varitek: O's 'can literally kiss my rear end' : looked pretty good the other day after that little basebrawl eh jetes! meanwhile, back at the ranch, you guys got lucky by the skin of your teeth yesterday. that game could have gone either way until shields threw the ball away giving you the winning run. you can kid me all you want about lackey, however, you guys have some bigger problems than we do. Mo's hurt, Arod's gone for surgery, you got only 2 strarters right now and joba's down as well. the last thing that you and your yanks need to see is John Lackey making a serious comeback the 2nd half. oh yeah, and again congrats on your name sake getting his 3,000th hit.
    Posted by Hammah29r2[/QUOTE]

Yeah, maybe there is hope for Lackey yet Hammah. Let's see how he does when he pitches against a major league team next time. Wink

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Varitek: O's 'can literally kiss my rear end' : looked pretty good the other day after that little basebrawl eh jetes! meanwhile, back at the ranch, you guys got lucky by the skin of your teeth yesterday. that game could have gone either way until shields threw the ball away giving you the winning run. you can kid me all you want about lackey, however, you guys have some bigger problems than we do. Mo's hurt, Arod's gone for surgery, you got only 2 strarters right now and joba's down as well. the last thing that you and your yanks need to see is John Lackey making a serious comeback the 2nd half. oh yeah, and again congrats on your name sake getting his 3,000th hit.
    Posted by Hammah29r2[/QUOTE]..hey sometimes it's better to be lucky than good, although i gotta admit i was like WTH?..in all the years i've been watching, i've NEVER seen a pitcher pick a guy at 3rd, what the heck made Shields think he'd be the first?...the only person he had picked off was the concession guy in the 1st row...Tongue out

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

How do Yankee fans know how aggressive Sox players are on the field? You would think that they watch all of our games. If so, then when do they watch their Yankee games. Kim might be right - these are Sox fans pretending to be Yankee fans and trying to liven up the forum (stir the pot).

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

it was wierd to see jetes.

and MIke, looking at the schedule we got the rays for 3 followed by 3 more witht the AA Oriholes down in fenway south next week. do you think that Tito's gonna give Lackey the ball for one of those 3? I hope so.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

[QUOTE] Maybe you can respond w/o insults...maybe you can't... In any case why is it you can't see the irony and humor in the fact that Yankee fans have had to listen for years  about the Yankees unfair advantage in payroll...???
    Posted by Mistercharlietoldmeso[/QUOTE]

I didn't realize Sox fans were forcing you to listen to them. You poor, abused baby...

Again,.. players and managers are NOT fans.
    If Balt fans were b!tching about payroll, I'd say they have every right to. It can't be much fun playing in the same division as two of the highest spenders in baseball.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

[QUOTE]hi nizzy! one thing that I really loved seeing was big john lackey right smack dab in the middle of that scrum defending his teammates. plus watching scoot's jumping on greggs back had me laughing my butt off. he looked like he was greggs backpack he was so small compared to the 6-4 230lb gregg. papi could have saved himself alot of grief not swinging at a 3-0 pitch when we were up by 7 runs or so. plus, a split second after gregg shouted at papi to run the bases, the blueman threw him outta the game. but I dygress: I agree with Tek and yeah the O's can kiss his azz. the oriholes suck plain and simple and are gonna get swept next week in their own park. bank on it.
    Posted by Hammah29r2[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Scoot's got big braas ones. I'm just glad neither Gregg or Ortiz connected on those punches.
    But, Ortiz should've just let Gregg run his mouth. Gonna bite to lose him for a few games after the break.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mistercharlietoldmeso. Show Mistercharlietoldmeso's posts

didn't think so......

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

thanks zac! I needed a good laugh..........

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Just to be clear, The Sox spend the most $ per capita; which is a sign of re-investing profits into the business, having a more robust fan base, and running a more efficient operation.....

PayrollMarket Size$/Capita
    Red Sox$165,000,0009,000,000$18.33
    Phillies$175,000,00011,000,000$15.91
    White Sox$130,000,00012,000,000$10.83
    Angels$140,000,00013,000,000$10.77
    Yankees$205,000,00020,000,000$10.25
    Orioles$85,000,00010,000,000$8.50

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]How do Yankee fans know how aggressive Sox players are on the field? You would think that they watch all of our games. If so, then when do they watch their Yankee games. Kim might be right - these are Sox fans pretending to be Yankee fans and trying to liven up the forum (stir the pot).
    Posted by Your-Echo[/QUOTE]jeez Pike,it was a joke,stop being such a crank.. there's no pot to be stirred..but if you'd like me to, i'll delete it..

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from cglassanos. Show cglassanos's posts

Was it just me or were the O's announcers terrible?  I have the Comcast MLB tv package so I got Rem and DO for a game and MASN announcers for the remainder.

All the O's announcers did was B&M about "The Sox are arrogant" or "The Sox don't know how to play real baseball" or blah blah blah... I just found it incredibly unprofessional and completely envious.

Christ, even Michael Kay knows when to call a spade a spade and tip his hat to the Sox.  Oh well...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

It's not like the O's won when they had a high payroll, so that team might as well try the youth route and keep its young talent, if worth it.  They tried to build via FA and couldn't attract the talent while trying to throw money at good players.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

[QUOTE]Was it just me or were the O's announcers terrible?  I have the Comcast MLB tv package so I got Rem and DO for a game and MASN announcers for the remainder. All the O's announcers did was B&M about "The Sox are arrogant" or "The Sox don't know how to play real baseball" or blah blah blah... I just found it incredibly unprofessional and completely envious. Christ, even Michael Kay knows when to call a spade a spade and tip his hat to the Sox.  Oh well...
    Posted by cglassanos[/QUOTE]

I think the entire Oriole organization is pretty jaded at this point. 

What got me more angry was the series against Philly or Houston...cannot remember which now.  But in that series, Pedey was thrown at three consecutive times...at his head.  The next inning, Sox pitching threw at the feet of a batter, and the commentators went nuts.  One actual quote was, "It's the American League.  They don't play baseball, they play softball."  Yet, when Pedey got dusted, all the commentator did was laugh it off and say it's part of the game.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

O's have the $ but repeatedly sign aging vets...

Think before you Stink...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

[QUOTE]Peter Angelos has money out the ying yang. Whose fault is it that he won't invest any of it in making the Orioles competitive? They used to be a proud winning franchise, not a bunch of whining excuse makers.
    Posted by MikeNagy[/QUOTE]

I wonder if part of their profit formula works by just being in the division with the Yankees and Red Sox and playing them often.  Maybe the organization also has a piece in hotels and travel packages.  Secretly they may just be pandering to Yankees and Red Sox fans, finding a formula for still drawing sufficient revenues while keeping down costs on players and player development.  The David vs. Goliath thing is just a part of the ruse. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

First: 10/16/2007
    Last: 7/11/2011
    Now I'm ashamed of my longshot pick this year.
    I was wrrrrr
    I was wrrrrrr
    I was wrrrrrrr

Frown

They can kiss Tek's azz!
    Hilarious, harness!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Varitek: O's 'can literally kiss my rear end' : jeez Pike, it was a joke ,stop being such a crank.. there's no pot to be stirred..but if you'd like me to, i'll delete it..
    Posted by jete02fan[/QUOTE]

DON"T YOU EVAH!!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from OhEFFU. Show OhEFFU's posts

Do you think he meant literally?  And if so, ALL the Orioles?  Like should they line up to do it?  I mean, people are into all kinds of strange kinks, but I don't understand why he would talk about it on-air.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]It's not like the O's won when they had a high payroll, so that team might as well try the youth route and keep its young talent, if worth it.  They tried to build via FA and couldn't attract the talent while trying to throw money at good players.
    Posted by CablesWyndBairn[/QUOTE]

A great point, CWB.

This communal memory loss leads to a simple resolution to years of ineptitude.  Blame others ....  

And they are right, sort of.  Others are beating them almost 60% of the tome year after year.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

"Analyzing the least efficient teams over the last decade shows some contrast in levels of on-the-field success.

Considering that the Baltimore Orioles spent $712 million (16th in MLB) without posting a single winning season, it should be no surprise to see the Orioles register as the second-least efficient team in baseball.

Playing in the same division as teams with the two highest payrolls in baseball (Yankees and Red Sox), the Orioles annually feel some pressure to keep a respectable payroll. However, that payroll has provided little assistance for a team that hasn’t finished a season with a winning record since 1997."

-b/r January 19, 2010

I seem to remember the O's paying Alberte Bell $13M, Kevin Millwood $12M, Pamiero $12M, Brady Anderson $8M... etc, etc...  over the years.  Where do they get off? They spent money like freaks and they were horrible at it. Now, they're gonna cry about it?!