Vasquez is no Fisk

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Vasquez is no Fisk

But hes reminds me a lot of Yadier Molina when he was younger. Maybe because they train together in the off season in PR. This kid is already ahead of lavarnway, IMO, as an all around catcher. His work ethic and catching skills will make RSN proud one day. Cant wait to see this kid in Boston full time. Sorry Lav.

Great article.

http://news.soxprospects.com/2013/05/christian-vazquezs-new-focus-at-plate.html

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

Re: Vasquez is no Fisk

after seeing him in spring training i am excited about him, if he hits .250 with a little pop then i'm fine with him because his D looks fantastic

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to xdrive's comment:

after seeing him in spring training i am excited about him, if he hits .250 with a little pop then i'm fine with him because his D looks fantastic

His D is great and after reading that article, Vasquez looks like he should be better than a .250 catcher. Not a ton of "pop", but a high OBP and BA is just fine with me with a few HR sprinkled in there.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

He looked great in Spring Training.He's got a rocket for an arm.He's probably the best defensive catcher in the Sox system.The hitting needs some work though.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to mrmojo1120's comment:

He looked great in Spring Training.He's got a rocket for an arm.He's probably the best defensive catcher in the Sox system.The hitting needs some work though.

Seems his hitting has improved greatly over the last couple years which is a good sign. Lower K rate and higher BB rate. It seems he has a better approach at the plate this year from reading the article. Very encouraging.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

But hes reminds me a lot of Yadier Molina when he was younger. Maybe because they train together in the off season in PR. This kid is already ahead of lavarnway, IMO, as an all around catcher. His work ethic and catching skills will make RSN proud one day. Cant wait to see this kid in Boston full time. Sorry Lav.

Great article.

Thanks for the link, SP.

A snap throw to second? The kid doesn't mess around, does he?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

Great article.

Thanks for the link, SP.

yup, a snap throw to 2nd. I had to read that twice to make sure myself. His cs% is up to 47% so far this year. Almost freakin HALF of runners caught. Guys are thinking twice about stealing one on Vasquez, if they are even considering it at all.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Solid OP, but especially the title. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

Great article.

Thanks for the link, SP.

yup, a snap throw to 2nd. I had to read that twice to make sure myself. His cs% is up to 47% so far this year. Almost freakin HALF of runners caught. Guys are thinking twice about stealing one on Vasquez, if they are even considering it at all.

Wow, an impressive CS%!

If he could do that in the ML, he'd be in the top ten in CS%.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to maxbialystock's comment:

Solid OP, but especially the title. 

Thanks Max Wink

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

I must say, a managment cheerleader is a much more sober read than Moonshemp. There are some good points being made, despite the need to build up and defend lost cause mercenaries like S. Drew.

haha...I can deal with a guy like Drew for a year. Theres much more pressing issues right now than a SS that has hit well as of late and has played solid defense. I dont always agree with what theyve done, I just try and make the best of it because it is what it is.

We need more timely hitting and less K's. We need our 4 and 5 pitching slots performing much better. Injuries have hurt the pen and messed with everyones role. Papi is going to be given rest if we want to see 110-120 games this year.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

We disagree on S. Drew "hitting well" and "solid defense". I get your point on not agreeing with the move and making the best of it.

We agree on Ortiz, who is currently being handled correctly. I think 100 to 110 games total, for this season, will likely keep him off the DL and the most productive.

I'd like to this team turn lose the veteran short termers, early summer at the latest, with exception of Napoli and Ortiz. Napoli isn't expensive and unlikely to net a good prospect, but he should be traded if that is true. S. Drew, Ellsbury, Shane and Dempster should be on the market.

Come late July, things should get interesting depending on where they are in the standings, how prospects are performing and what kind of deals arise. I dont object to trading almost any player as long as its going to make us better.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Ross is old and has just one more year. Red Sox need two catchers. Vazquez and Lavarnway is a good compliment, as Lavarnway has good power potential. The better defensive profile, Vazquez at this point, should be the starter. But two catchers will be need and continuity is important.

I would get rid of Salty this summer, and begin the process now. Both Lavarnway and Vazquez should receive a lot of MLB experience during this season, regardless of how rough it goes.

BINGO......  As DAD would say.......   "SON, lets bring SOFTY in as GM , soooooner, rather than later" !!!!

17. This post has been removed.