Vasquez

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Vasquez

Olney suggested the Vasquez could be up as early as Friday to replace AJ. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Re: Vasquez

No more inning ending 1st pitch ground ball to 2B!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from chickenandboose. Show chickenandboose's posts

That would be amazing 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Fine with me.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Sure. Might as well bring up the kids now. I would either trade Pierzynski or DFA Ross (unless someone can take him off our hands) because Vasquez needs to play every day to be properly assessed. If he gets 250 PAs this year and still cannot hit the baseball you can add his name to those of Middlebrooks and Bradley as failed prospects.

WE ARE ALL JUST POPPYSEEDS IN THE BAKERY OF LIFE

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Ross the better mentor, perhaps

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Sure. Might as well bring up the kids now. I would either trade Pierzynski or DFA Ross (unless someone can take him off our hands) because Vasquez needs to play every day to be properly assessed. If he gets 250 PAs this year and still cannot hit the baseball you can add his name to those of Middlebrooks and Bradley as failed prospects.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Might as well get rid of all our prospects if you are only giving them 250 PAs,

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Might as well get rid of all our prospects if you are only giving them 250 PAs,

[/QUOTE]

I agree.  The biggest difference between MiLB and MLB is the pitching and the learning curve can be pretty steep for someone coming up. 

Couple that with a 'stat geek' who looks at the overall BA (or any other offensive statistic) and essentially NO player contributes at the ML level after 1/2 a season or 250 PA's.  It's all about making progress.  If a player's numbers aren't heading in the right direction after 250 PA's then you may want to reassess his ability to hit but giving the first 50 and last 50 PA's equal weight is a mistake. 
    [object HTMLDivElement]

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    You realize he isn't a top prospect and he isn't even the Red Sox top catching prospect. You would just DFA AJ, he is much worse than Ross.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to billge's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ross the is better mentor, perhaps

[/QUOTE]

Fixed

Sections
Shortcuts