Verlander out six weeks due to surgery...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Verlander out six weeks due to surgery...

...in January and February. I've never understood why they call it "out six weeks" when the season isn't even on. I always think they mean out six weeks in the beginning of the season. What is he out of, his vacation in the off-season?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Re: Verlander out six weeks due to surgery...

Is he a Red Sox player?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to EnchiladaT's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Is he a Red Sox player?

[/QUOTE]

No. And I don't know what chair he's sitting in, or if he eats KFC. He's just one of the best pitchers we will face next season, and I happen to like him.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to kimsaysthis' comment:
    [QUOTE]

...in January and February. I've never understood why they call it "out six weeks" when the season isn't even on. I always think they mean out six weeks in the beginning of the season. What is he out of, his vacation in the off-season?

[/QUOTE]

The phrase 'is out' is probably not the best, but most of these guys are world class athletes.  I don't think they are exactly on vacation.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The phrase 'is out' is probably not the best, but most of these guys are world class athletes.  I don't think they are exactly on vacation.

[/QUOTE]

Maybe you're right. Maybe they just are in "on" mode all year and by "on" mode I mean baseball on mode. Sounds exhausting. They should be given some kind of a break.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

These guys are professional athletes and as such most of them have workout regimens even during the off season. 

When a player is "out" during the off season it means to me that that player is unable to participate in off-season activities such as conditioning workouts.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yup.

It'd be a little more accurate if they said he'll be 6 weeks behind in his off season throwing program.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

i think in this day and age most pro athletes only take a couple-three weeks off after the season ends then they get right back to conditioning programs.  so really he is just missing pumping iron, running treadmill, tossing some balls.  hahaha  tossing balls.

from ~1986 - 2004 they didnt need to take anytime off after season ended.  12 month weight training......

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to S5's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

These guys are professional athletes and as such most of them have workout regimens even during the off season. 

When a player is "out" during the off season it means to me that that player is unable to participate in off-season activities such as conditioning workouts.

[/QUOTE]

I suppose it's still a setback for them, but maybe the phrasing needs to be changed for the off-season.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yup.

It'd be a little more accurate if they said he'll be 6 weeks behind in his off season throwing program.

[/QUOTE]

True.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

i think in this day and age most pro athletes only take a couple-three weeks off after the season ends then they get right back to conditioning programs.  so really he is just missing pumping iron, running treadmill, tossing some balls.  hahaha  tossing balls.

from ~1986 - 2004 they didnt need to take anytime off after season ended.  12 month weight training......

[/QUOTE]

Maybe because of the salary differences now, they own you the whole year. lol

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Now they're saying Derek Holland will be out for the Rangers until mid-season after knee surgery.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Does it mean he cannot touch Kate Upton for 5 or 6 weeks ....

That would be a difficult training regimen to lay off.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

And these are the reasons why the Sox still have both Peavy and Dempster....

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to SinceYaz's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

She showed up at Yankee stadium wearing a Yankee cap. It appears that relationship is off in a very public way.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to notin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

And these are the reasons why the Sox still have both Peavy and Dempster....

[/QUOTE]

I've always said, you never know what can happen to one guy who is a very important part of the rotation. I'm glad we have the depth.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Maybe Verlander is out for 6 weeks of any baseball activities.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to seannybboi's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Apparently, that's the case. I actually thought they had time off in the off-season.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to seannybboi's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Apparently, that's the case. I actually thought they had time off in the off-season.

[/QUOTE]

I'm sure they all take a few weeks off, after the season.

But, they're back in the training facilities by the start of Dec, I would think.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to SinceYaz's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

She showed up at Yankee stadium wearing a Yankee cap. It appears that relationship is off in a very public way.

Could be, Kim.  But not necessarily - after all, NYC is quite a bit more the fashion capital than Detroit is.  If she was seeking to advance her modeling career, she might very well be in the Big Apple more pften than Motor City.  Think of the consternation among Pat's fans when Tom and his model wife were seen all over the place in NYC after buying an apartment there.

Sections
Shortcuts