Very disappointing, but also a heckuva game

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

Re: Very disappointing, but also a heckuva game

In response to nhsteven's comment:

In response to upperco1's comment:

In response to jam789123's comment:

This "heckuva game" cost us two games in the standings to the Rays due to an umpire's admitted blown call.  Anybody want to guess what the margin of the final AL east standings will be?

Fandomish; these tend to even out; did you overlook the blown calls this season that went your way? Although not as vital to the outcome (one shall never know), you can start with the Nunez attempted steal of 2nd in the most recent Bos v NYY Series. Regardless, the game would have been tied yesterday, not won, so we'll never know about this game as well.

Nobody cares if it involves your Yankees. Go whine on a NY site.

Wacko obsessive, and sad.

Lecturing the fan base here never gets old for you, does it? 

Someday you'll understand.......Go to a Yankee site where insults are more welcome.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

This "heckuva game" cost us two games in the standings to the Rays due to an umpire's admitted blown call.  Anybody want to guess what the margin of the final AL east standings will be?

Fandomish; these tend to even out; did you overlook the blown calls this season that went your way? Although not as vital to the outcome (one shall never know), you can start with the Nunez attempted steal of 2nd in the most recent Bos v NYY Series. Regardless, the game would have been tied yesterday, not won, so we'll never know about this game as well.

Nobody cares if it involves your Yankees. Go whine on a NY site.

Wacko obsessive, and sad.

Someday you'll understand.......Go to a Yankee site where insults are more welcome.

You've enlightened me. If I do this, maybe your posts won't have to do with false gibberish hostile responses to my posts most of the time.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

In response to RedSoxKimmi's comment:

These types of losses are the toughest to take.  They are heartbreaking.  But, if your team is going to lose games, and of course they are, then it is a much better sign if your team loses a game like this, rather than if they lose in a blowout.

I've said many times that the statement "good teams know how to win the close games" is a fallacy.  Good teams know how to consistently beat their opponents by a bigger margin.  The close games are determined by randomness, where one good or bad break going the other way can alter the outcome.

They lost this game due to mistakes. That makes it intolerable.

Like the admitted mistake by the home plate umpire?

Yes, that was one glaring mistake. Farrell also made a mistake by using Nava to pinch run instead of the faster Iglesias-who likely would have scored more easily than Nava on the sac fly. And the third mistake was made by Nava whose boneheaded baserunning blunder cost us a run as well. Not to be lost in all of this is the fact that Napoli struck out AGAIN-for the third time last night-with the tying and winning runs in scoring position. Napoli's act is getting old. Carp should be getting more playing time.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

These types of losses are the toughest to take.  They are heartbreaking.  But, if your team is going to lose games, and of course they are, then it is a much better sign if your team loses a game like this, rather than if they lose in a blowout.

I've said many times that the statement "good teams know how to win the close games" is a fallacy.  Good teams know how to consistently beat their opponents by a bigger margin.  The close games are determined by randomness, where one good or bad break going the other way can alter the outcome.

I dont think there was anything random about this loss. Bad base running and bad job by the umpire being out of position.

This game is the reason I want close calls at home plate reviewed.

As far as this game being "unforgiven", as one poster said. Sure its a tough loss, but get over it. These things happen and they will happen again, to us and in our favor. Anyway, Its over and now its on to the Seattle Mariners who have been doing well as of late.

Time to start another winning streak tonight!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Yes, that was one glaring mistake. Farrell also made a mistake by using Nava to pinch run instead of the faster Iglesias-who likely would have scored more easily than Nava on the sac fly. And the third mistake was made by Nava whose boneheaded baserunning blunder cost us a run as well. Not to be lost in all of this is the fact that Napoli struck out AGAIN-for the third time last night-with the tying and winning runs in scoring position. Napoli's act is getting old. Carp should be getting more playing time.

Did U forget about his WO vs the NYY recently? Admittedly, if you need just a hit, perhaps someone else would be better; but the guy IS on pace for 100 RBIs; nothing to sneeze at

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to ThefourBs's comment:

Hopefully the instant replay rules starting next yr shall be similar to the NFL, allowing a couple of flags to the Mgr. That would be quite an improvement in getting the calls right.

Yes, I'm sure no Yankee fan uttered a single bad word over the Nunez call.

I can't argue with this; but perhaps you should take your own heed with regard to your lecturing me; and projecting would be Standings based on only calls going against you was the subject; do you disagree? Would U like a rah-rah thread only?

Nope, but I think we're capable of policing our own, thanks.

I'm sure I could find all manner of stupid posts in Yankee boards.

The difference is, I don't believe Sox fans are any better, so it would be arrogant of me to go there to correct or lecture them.

A Sox fan that repeatedly does that, should get a ration of crap for it, from Yankee fans.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Did U forget about his WO vs the NYY recently? Admittedly, if you need just a hit, perhaps someone else would be better; but the guy IS on pace for 100 RBIs; nothing to sneeze at

Nope. HOWEVER, since May 1 Napoli is striking out 33% of the time and his BA/OPS is .257/.793. Carp has much better numbers and should begin to see much more playing time at 1B from now on.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Hopefully the instant replay rules starting next yr shall be similar to the NFL, allowing a couple of flags to the Mgr. That would be quite an improvement in getting the calls right.

Yes, I'm sure no Yankee fan uttered a single bad word over the Nunez call.

I can't argue with this; but perhaps you should take your own heed with regard to your lecturing me; and projecting would be Standings based on only calls going against you was the subject; do you disagree? Would U like a rah-rah thread only?

Nope, but I think we're capable of policing our own, thanks.

I'm sure I could find all manner of stupid posts in Yankee boards.

The difference is, I don't believe Sox fans are any better, so it would be arrogant of me to go there to correct or lecture them.

A Sox fan that repeatedly does that, should get a ration of crap for it, from Yankee fans.

Point taken; however, those aren't all my posts; if you want to continue to rebut me on the others (which I agree should be less often), knock yourself out.

Sections
Shortcuts