Very interesting story about Ray's Juan Sandoval being blind in 1 eye

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Very interesting story about Ray's Juan Sandoval being blind in 1 eye

Very cool story about the Ray's Juan Sandoval form yahoo.com.Here's a paragraph and a link to read the rest:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/blind-in-one-eye--right-hander-juan-sandoval-still-sees-bright-future-with-rays-070949850.html

PORT CHARLOTTE, Fla. – Only a few of Juan Sandoval's teammates know what happened. Everybody who meets him in the Tampa Bay Rays clubhouse notices his right eye, of course. It's impossible to avoid. The lid droops. The cornea puffs out and is slightly discolored. A red ring encircles it. And a glaze sheathes it, like there's a permanent tear ready to escape, only it never does, never can.

They don't know because they don't ask, and they don't ask because they don't want to stir any bad memories. And even if they were to, they probably wouldn't believe Sandoval. Because the idea of a blind baseball player really is that difficult to fathom.

Never will he forget the day: Feb. 4, 2006. And the scene: At a restaurant where a drunken man, angry with the bouncer who booted him, returned with the shotgun. And the noise: A blast, loud and furious. And the feeling: Panic and fear and chaos as three buckshot pellets lodged in his eye. And the sight.

"Black," he said. "Nothing but black."

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

Re: Very interesting story about Ray's Juan Sandoval being blind in 1 eye

Sorry, Mojo.  Couldn't access the link.  Maybe that's why there's little traffic so far on this thread.  Either that, or we've turned a blind ...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

I think the story is horrifying. I'm so sorry for Sandoval. I don't know how he's going to be a pitcher, but if it works out for him, than that would be amazing. Since this happened in 2006, I'm even more confused. Why didn't this story come out sooner?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

In response to Sheriff-Rojas' comment:

Sorry, Mojo.  Couldn't access the link.  Maybe that's why there's little traffic so far on this thread.  Either that, or we've turned a blind ...

Sorry about that.I've added a different link that seems to be working now. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

what a bummer man. I wish him all the luck in the world. I hope he can succeed.

not that it matters, but remember when we had okie dokie? I still to this day have no idea how he was able to throw strikes when his face was turned and looking down when he delivered the ball.