VERY REFRESHING, JOHN RICH & STEVE LYONS......................

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

VERY REFRESHING, JOHN RICH & STEVE LYONS......................

NESN HAS A VERY GOOD UNIT IN THESE TWO GUYS....... GREAT VOICES, VERY PROFESSIONAL AND NO FOOLISH BANTER IN THE BOOTH..............  COGGLINS LAW, NOTHING LASTS FOR EVAAA  !!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Re: VERY REFRESHING, JOHN RICH & STEVE LYONS......................

In response to Bill-806's comment:
    [QUOTE]

NESN HAS A VERY GOOD UNIT IN THESE TWO GUYS....... GREAT VOICES, VERY PROFESSIONAL AND NO FOOLISH BANTER IN THE BOOTH..............  COGGLINS LAW, NOTHING LASTS FOR EVAAA  !!!

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]    I know many are not going to agree, but I thought they did a better job than Orsillo and Remy. Maybe Don and Jerry have been around too long and have gotten stale with their routine. Lyons made some insightful and critical comments that you are not going to hear from the regular guys.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

These guys can put anybody to sleep..... They stink. Yes refreshing if you like to get in a early nap.  Very very bad .

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RigatoniT. Show RigatoniT's posts

Testing 1 2 3 Testing 1 2 3

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]    I know many are not going to agree, but I thought they did a better job than Orsillo and Remy. Maybe Don and Jerry have been around too long and have gotten stale with their routine. Lyons made some insightful and critical comments that you are not going to hear from the regular guys.

[/QUOTE]B I N G O  DAT........ It was an enjoyable broadcast yesterday !!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to BogieAt12oclock's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to donrd4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

These guys can put anybody to sleep..... They stink. Yes refreshing if you like to get in a early nap.  Very very bad .

[/QUOTE]

If Bill says they're good, they have to suck. Boring team + boring announcers = Nap time.

[/QUOTE]

Got your back on this one. AGREE !

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from scottwad. Show scottwad's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Still does not compare to the radio with Castig and O'Brien. Castig never gets old, very unique. 

scottwad24

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobknowsBosox. Show BobknowsBosox's posts

I thought Risch and Lyons did a pretty good job and were a good break on the ears from the usual Orsillo/Remy shenanigans. Sick of listening to Remy mispronounce words and talk about nonsense while Orsillo chuckles about Remy's buffoonery :)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

But are any of these guys as good as Martin and Woods ?  Or are there any posters here old enough to remember them.. And Curt Gowdy probably ancient history.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

I'm not sure "refreshing" is the word I'd use, unless that is, you consider Nytol to be refreshing.  

IMO these guy were a change but not a change I'd like to see on a day-by-day basis.  

Having the right to do something doesn't make it the right thing to do.

And I have never posted here under any other names.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to BobknowsBosox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I thought Risch and Lyons did a pretty good job and were a good break on the ears from the usual Orsillo/Remy shenanigans. Sick of listening to Remy mispronounce words and talk about nonsense while Orsillo chuckles about Remy's buffoonery :)

[/QUOTE]B I N G O  !!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

If you get a chance, try to catch Vin Scully do a game. This is his last year. No one else is comparable to him.

Stabbed by Foulke.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]

If you get a chance, try to catch Vin Scully do a game. This is his last year. No one else is comparable to him.

Stabbed by Foulke.

[/QUOTE]
    Heard him recently. Still good, but he sounds old. Not what he once was, although still better than most.

I didn't get a chance to hear Rich and Lyons. But I have no problem with Orsillo and Remy. Over the course of a long season, especially this season when the Sox begin games by going four or five innings w/o a hit, they need to lighten the mood. If you listen, Remy actually is a decent analyst of the game -- more knowledgable than he's given credit for -- and maybe he strays from that too often. But at the same time, how many times do we need the same topics broken down again and again. So maybe they go too far at times in straying off serious analysis, but it's better than hearing the same things game after game. There's only so much original analysis.

Martin and Woods were great by the way.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to royf19's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Stabbed by Foulke.

[/QUOTE]
    Heard him recently. Still good, but he sounds old. Not what he once was, although still better than most.

I didn't get a chance to hear Rich and Lyons. But I have no problem with Orsillo and Remy. Over the course of a long season, especially this season when the Sox begin games by going four or five innings w/o a hit, they need to lighten the mood. If you listen, Remy actually is a decent analyst of the game -- more knowledgable than he's given credit for -- and maybe he strays from that too often. But at the same time, how many times do we need the same topics broken down again and again. So maybe they go too far at times in straying off serious analysis, but it's better than hearing the same things game after game. There's only so much original analysis.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]   I think most of us don't mind a little levity in the booth. I think Don and Jerry overdo it. A lot.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to royf19's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Stabbed by Foulke.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]   I think most of us don't mind a little levity in the booth. I think Don and Jerry overdo it. A lot.

[/QUOTE]

Perhaps. But I listen to as many games on the radio, probably more, that I do on TV, so Don and Jerry don't bother me. I enjoy their broadcasts.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I agree with you and sorry Bill, I would not have bumped up my thread if I had seen this.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

I agree 100%, I was thinking exactly the same thing yesterday. Orsillo and Remy are getting old to listen to, nice to hear a change for once. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Stabbed by Foulke.

[object HTMLDivElement]

Marty Brennaman is my guy. I don't care quite as much for Thom, but his dad is about as good as they come. No BS, if it's a good play he says so, and if they screw it up he says that too. That's why he's a HOF'er. The only thing I have against Scully is that he's a little soft sell, kind of like Orsillo, but you're right he's a legend. When he did the NBC game of the week when I was a kid I heard a lot of him. But Id take Marty B over just about anyone.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Lyons has been very good lately.  It started when he was the 3rd man (Out of the booth) back in Fenway......

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Stabbed by Foulke.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Marty Brennaman is my guy. I don't care quite as much for Thom, but his dad is about as good as they come. No BS, if it's a good play he says so, and if they screw it up he says that too. That's why he's a HOF'er. The only thing I have against Scully is that he's a little soft sell, kind of like Orsillo, but you're right he's a legend. When he did the NBC game of the week when I was a kid I heard a lot of him. But Id take Marty B over just about anyone.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement].  I watched the Dodger game last night. The camera showed a particularly beautiful cloud formation at dusk in Dodger Stadium. Scully attributed it to " The master painter in the sky."  Great stuff. For a guy his age, he has an amazing recall of things from past years. True, he is not too critical of the L.A. players , although he does get on Puig sometimes. He provides a wealth of information during the course of a game. He will be missed. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

I listened to them for a couple of innings today, and to be honest, I wasn't impressed. They weren't terrible. I thought they were just OK, although I'll admit, a couple of innings of listening isn't a fair amount of time to judge.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

DonO=very very good. Really versatile, can be paired with most anyone and keep the game moving along

JerryR=almost unlistenable. Clearly bored these days with the game, and seemingly would prefer to be anywhere else. 

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

I'd like Eckersley in the booth.

Since pleading guilty, Remy doesn't need to pay the big dollar lawyers anymore.