Victor Conte says Melky Cabrera isn't the only one

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Re: Victor Conte says Melky Cabrera isn't the only one

I believe it, but more telling is the number of perfect games and no hitters.  There's been 3 perfect games this year...that's ridiculous.  Seems like a lot of guys were using...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Motown9009. Show Motown9009's posts

Jose Bautista. You don't go from a fringe MLBer to MVP candide over night just by swinging earlier.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In Response to Re: Victor Conte says Melky Cabrera isn't the only one:
    [QUOTE]Jose Bautista. You don't go from a fringe MLBer to MVP candide over night just by swinging earlier.
    Posted by Motown9009[/QUOTE]

there's something I just don't like about that either

if swinging earlier was the miracle, why don't more guys do that

i don't know.......just have to wait and see.....we brought down ARoids so anything is possible

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

The Victor Contes are always at work trying to come up with the perfect , undetectable PED.  Who knows how many users are out there ?  It is fairly certain that Cabrera is not the only one. Unfortunately , every player having a good season becomes suspect.  I think that eventually all this will be legalized.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]What's ridiculous is something I just found out recently. They only test them in the beginning of the season. Who knew that? I'm sure the players did. And Melky Cabrera also wound up on the Yankees' collective of players that use them. I will never believe, with all the reinvented careers like Colon, etc., that the Yankees just keep getting lucky, and every 80-year-old player just happens to do well there. They have to know the players that are using, and they keep signing them under their "don't ask, don't tell" regime.
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]

yeah - it's another Yankee conspiracy. Colon is not even on the Yanks anymore and he was benched last year as his ERA was increasing exponentially. Can we blame that on steroids as well. And let's discuss Garcia and his 84 MPH fastball. Clearing roids driven.

And Andrew - "we took down A-Roid". Were you part of the investigation?

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

[QUOTE]What's ridiculous is something I just found out recently. They only test them in the beginning of the season. Who knew that? I'm sure the players did. And Melky Cabrera also wound up on the Yankees' collective of players that use them. I will never believe, with all the reinvented careers like Colon, etc., that the Yankees just keep getting lucky, and every 80-year-old player just happens to do well there. They have to know the players that are using, and they keep signing them under their "don't ask, don't tell" regime.

Wrong again you pink hatter. They test randomly throughout the season.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Victor Conte says Melky Cabrera isn't the only one : Colon never said he has surgery on his arm out of the country. They found out he did, and nothing ever happened. He was able to lie about it, and just keep pitching. And he did have a miraculous recovery for a while. I don't know what he's doing now, since he's not on the Yankees. I don't know anything about Garcia, but you keep using him as an example. Is he smacking hrs out of the stadium or something? And I think you might have mispelled "Andruw", since he has been.

Stick with the program - my reference to Andrew was not about the player, but about one of our community members.

And if you are a baseball fan, how do you not know that Colon is pitching for a W.C. contender in Oakland and has pitched well (Better than last year). I wonder if Oakland did any background checks? I wonder if Baseball decided not to test Colon this year because he pitched for NY last year.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

???

They get randomly tested during the season.  That's how about 3/4 of users have been caught over the past several years.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Victor Conte says Melky Cabrera isn't the only one : ??? They get randomly tested during the season.  That's how about 3/4 of users have been caught over the past several years.
    Posted by soups[/QUOTE]

You are using logic and reason in your response to Kim. You will be labeled a closet Yankee fan or sympathizer now.

I think Kim is the great grand-daughter of Joe McCarthy.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

In Response to Victor Conte says Melky Cabrera isn't the only one:
    [QUOTE]If you want to believe Victor Conte..... http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/8274284/victor-conte-melky-cabrera-one-many-mlb-peds
    Posted by davetheknave[/QUOTE]

I believe him.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Wonder if the Yankees knew or suspected Cabrera was using and wanted to distance themselves, especially after the Arod stuff.. . I always thought the  traded him to get him away from Cano explantion, was weak.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]Wonder if the Yankees knew or suspected Cabrera was using and wanted to distance themselves, especially after the Arod stuff.. . I always thought the  traded him to get him away from Cano explantion, was weak.
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

They traded him because he was out of shape and didn't come ready to play everyday. And the Cano issue was also a major part of it. Cano was clearly the Yankee future at the time.

His last year with NY certainly didn't look like a player who was juiced.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Victor Conte says Melky Cabrera isn't the only one": This is priceless, maybe that's why the Sox REALLY got rid of Manny, to get him away from Ortiz. They knew Manny would get caught again and didn't want Papi to get caught again also.
    Posted by Harpua710[/QUOTE]

your response to a sincere post/ question is an attack on sox players, mikey?? how about either a civil response like jessey is always capable of or just ignoring it?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harpua710. Show Harpua710's posts

In response to "Re: Victor Conte says Melky Cabrera isn't the only one": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Victor Conte says Melky Cabrera isn't the only one : your response to a sincere post/ question is an attack on sox players, mikey?? how about a civil response like jessey is capable of? Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE] I thought your post was silly J, I still do but I apologize if it bothered you.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Victor Conte says Melky Cabrera isn't the only one": I thought your post was silly J, I still do but I apologize if it bothered you.
    Posted by Harpua710[/QUOTE]

whats silly about it? because any mention of steroids and yankees in the same sentence? I never bought they wanted to get him away from Cano. The fact he was caught 4 years later tells me they may have known or suspected and wanted no part of it, to their credit. No one can say or have an opnion here anymore without it being shoved back down your throat, by the other side.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

J - he was fat that last year and still could barely hit his weight. I don't believe it was a PEDs issue. But I do think his being trade and his subsequent failures in Atlanta is what brought about his PED usage. He went from a World Champion to a has been in two years.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Victor Conte says Melky Cabrera isn't the only one : They traded him because he was out of shape and didn't come ready to play everyday. And the Cano issue was also a major part of it. Cano was clearly the Yankee future at the time. His last year with NY certainly didn't look like a player who was juiced.
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]

May be jess. the explanation about trading to get him away from Cano never seemed feasible to me. When I heard about Melky yesterday, made me wonder about it, thats all. thanks for the civil response, as always.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Victor Conte says Melky Cabrera isn't the only one : May be jess. the explanation about trading to get him away from Cano never seemed feasible to me. When I heard about Melky yesterday, made me wonder about it, thats all. thanks for the civil response, as always.
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

The Cano issue was straight out legit. They didn't want melky's bad habits to rub of on his best friend.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from angeroo. Show angeroo's posts

Ah Melky..... Carrying on the fine tradition of cheating in the Giants organization.

25. This post has been removed.