Victor Conte says Melky Cabrera isn't the only one

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Re: Victor Conte says Melky Cabrera isn't the only one

I have been saying that all year. Next year they test during the season. Lets see how our favorite Yankee does next year. n response to "Re: Victor Conte says Melky Cabrera isn't the only one": [QUOTE]What's ridiculous is something I just found out recently. They only test them in the beginning of the season. Who knew that? I'm sure the players did. And Melky Cabrera also wound up on the Yankees' collective of players that use them. I will never believe, with all the reinvented careers like Colon, etc., that the Yankees just keep getting lucky, and every 80-year-old player just happens to do well there. They have to know the players that are using, and they keep signing them under their "don't ask, don't tell" regime. Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

J bay it is true about getting him away from Cano, but I wonder about Cano as well because the two of them were very tight. n response to "Re: Victor Conte says Melky Cabrera isn't the only one": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Victor Conte says Melky Cabrera isn't the only one : May be jess. the explanation about trading to get him away from Cano never seemed feasible to me. When I heard about Melky yesterday, made me wonder about it, thats all. thanks for the civil response, as always. Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

In Response to Re: Victor Conte says Melky Cabrera isn't the only one:
    [QUOTE]J bay it is true about getting him away from Cano, but I wonder about Cano as well because the two of them were very tight. n response to "Re: Victor Conte says Melky Cabrera isn't the only one":
    Posted by AL34[/QUOTE]\

AL - you wonder about every player who wears or has worn pinstripes.

There is not one player in MLB who can be above suspicion at this point. Just go ahead and legalize PED's already. Scientists are smarter than MLB.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SOXNVA. Show SOXNVA's posts

PED's usually are forerunners to the testing procedures created to detect them.  If you dont know exactly what to test for, how can you develop a test for it?There is always some new "substance" coming-out which is not immediately detectable during drug screens. I imagine that wealthy athletes are great clientele for the companies coming-out with these new substances.

There are several forms of testosterone boosters out there. He may have been taking one which came-out at the end of last year and which testing was developed for but there are probably other newer substances out there which do not yet show-up on drug screens. This of course makes most of the testing irrelevant. There have been a lot of players whom have "rediscovered" their power this year. Look at a lot of the DH's in the AL. That would probably be a good starting point.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

The sad thing is the reaction of his former teammates on the Yankees. " I feel so bad for Melky" ," He is a great guy " ," " A great teammate", " I wish him the best " , "I will always be there for him" , etc. , etc. , etc.  Please. Please. The guy got caught cheating.  Enough with this bleeding heart nonsense. How about some condemnation of this bum.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harpua710. Show Harpua710's posts

In response to "Re: Victor Conte says Melky Cabrera isn't the only one": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Victor Conte says Melky Cabrera isn't the only one : whats silly about it? because any mention of steroids and yankees in the same sentence? I never bought they wanted to get him away from Cano. The fact he was caught 4 years later tells me they may have known or suspected and wanted no part of it, to their credit. No one csay or have an opnion here anymore without it being shoved back down your throat, by the other side. Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE] Because I know the real intent behind your post whether you admit it or not, did you wonder the same thing when the Sox got rid of Manny? If you did never you'ed post it, you'ed find some positive way to spin it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Victor Conte says Melky Cabrera isn't the only one": Because I know the real intent behind your post whether you admit it or not, did you wonder the same thing when the Sox got rid of Manny? If you did never you'ed post it, you'ed find some positive to spin it.
    Posted by Harpua710[/QUOTE]

no real intent intended, mikey. You do it enough for all of us. my post stands on its own. I wondered yesterday if thats why the NYY traded him, that's all. didnt think about it before. that's it. read into what you want mikey. that's what you do, take a simple posts, twist it and shove it back down  posters throats

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harpua710. Show Harpua710's posts

In response to "Re: Victor Conte says Melky Cabrera isn't the only one": [QUOTE]J bay it is true about getting him away from Cano, but I wonder about Cano as well because the two of them were very tight. n response to "Re: Victor Conte says Melky Cabrera isn't the only one": Posted by AL34[/QUOTE] I love how on this forum a sox fan can "wonder" about any current or former Yankee player but if a Yankee fan wonders aloud about Ortiz or brings up his positive test result for ped's the post gets removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

you cant figure that out??

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harpua710. Show Harpua710's posts

In response to "Re: Victor Conte says Melky Cabrera isn't the only one": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Victor Conte says Melky Cabrera isn't the only one : no real intent intended, mikey. You do it enough for all of us. my post stands on its own. I wondered yesterday if thats why the NYY traded him, that's all. didnt think about it before. that's it. read into what you want mikey. that's what you do, take a simple posts, twist it and shove back down the posters throat Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE] I should only discuss politics or football w you, baseball doesn't go well for us. Cheers j-bay

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harpua710. Show Harpua710's posts

In response to "Re: Victor Conte says Melky Cabrera isn't the only one": [QUOTE]you cant figure that out?? Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE] To be honest j, no I can't figure that out. Its a well documented incident that the player had to address. its not as if its some bogus conspiracy theory.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Victor Conte says Melky Cabrera isn't the only one": I should only discuss politics or football w you, baseball doesn't go well for us. Cheers j-bay

you make accusations that aren't  there, mikey. I call them as I see them,  no hidden intent. what is hidden in "the yankees wanted to distance themselves"?? if anything, is a compliment to the yankees, for not condoning it

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Victor Conte says Melky Cabrera isn't the only one": To be honest j, no I can't figure that out. Its a well documented incident that the player had to address. its not as if its some bogus conspiracy theory.

I'm sure if you give it some thought, it will occur to you.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harpua710. Show Harpua710's posts

In response to "Re: Victor Conte says Melky Cabrera isn't the only one": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Victor Conte says Melky Cabrera isn't the only one : I'm sure if you give it some thought, it will occur to you. Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE] I cannot figure it out, please tell me why it happens. its almost as if its been erased from history on this forum.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Victor Conte says Melky Cabrera isn't the only one": I cannot figure it out, please tell me why it happens. its almost as if its been erased from history on this forum.

feedback@boston.com

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harpua710. Show Harpua710's posts

In response to "Re: Victor Conte says Melky Cabrera isn't the only one": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Victor Conte says Melky Cabrera isn't the only one : feedback@boston.com Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE] J you seem to know why it happens, I'm asking you. if you bring up a Yankee's ped use on the YES forum it doesn't disappear.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]What's ridiculous is something I just found out recently. They only test them in the beginning of the season. Who knew that? I'm sure the players did. And Melky Cabrera also wound up on the Yankees' collective of players that use them. I will never believe, with all the reinvented careers like Colon, etc., that the Yankees just keep getting lucky, and every 80-year-old player just happens to do well there. They have to know the players that are using, and they keep signing them under their "don't ask, don't tell" regime.
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]

HGH testing was done this past spring once for the first time for MLB players, testing for PEDS goes on all season long but random. PEDS show up in urine tests HGH does not and requires a blood sample.

Get your facts straight.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

In response to "Re: Victor Conte says Melky Cabrera isn't the only one": [QUOTE]In response to "Re: Victor Conte says Melky Cabrera isn't the only one": I love how on this forum a sox fan can "wonder" about any current or former Yankee player but if a Yankee fan wonders aloud about Ortiz or brings up his positive test result for ped's the post gets removed. Posted by Harpua710[/QUOTE] Sounds reasonable to me

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Victor Conte says Melky Cabrera isn't the only one": J you seem to know why it happens, I'm asking you. if you bring up a Yankee's ped use on the YES forum it doesn't disappear.

then stick to the YES forum

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harpua710. Show Harpua710's posts

In response to "Re: Victor Conte says Melky Cabrera isn't the only one": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Victor Conte says Melky Cabrera isn't the only one : then stick to the YES forum Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE] J you seem to have insight as to why it happens here but won't share that info.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harpua710. Show Harpua710's posts

In response to "Re: Victor Conte says Melky Cabrera isn't the only one": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Victor Conte says Melky Cabrera isn't the only one : then stick to the YES forum. yankee ped use on the yes forum. Sox ped use on a sox forum. you can call your wife a bi tch because she your bi tch. very simple Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE] I would imagine you would be able to discuss facts anywhere. I mean talking about Papi's ped use is not exactly yelling fire in a crowded theatre.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]I have been saying that all year. Next year they test during the season. Lets see how our favorite Yankee does next year. n response to "Re: Victor Conte says Melky Cabrera isn't the only one":
    Posted by AL34[/QUOTE]

Can't wait. Looooong time coming. These late season, late in age, miraculously re-energized players are getting a little hard to take in the "cathedral".

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Victor Conte says Melky Cabrera isn't the only one": J you seem to know why it happens, I'm asking you. if you bring up a Yankee's ped use on the YES forum it doesn't disappear.

I'm glad you brought that up, Mikey. Here's the Yes forum threads I've posted on the board before. Maybe you can show everyone where YES fans are discussing Yankee players PEDs:

Share your Yankee pics
    Game Chat
    Yankees Daily Facts and Trivia Thread
    This Week in Yankees History
    Terrific start from Nova, should he finish the game?
    It doesn't get any better
    Who's going to win more games this season?
    Cliff Lee, this is what happens when you turn down the Yankees
    Mo surgery June 12
    Disregarding the length of ARod's current contract
    So much for Madden shift
    As June rolls in
    Yes board today
    AL East Watch
    Tex
    Baseball trivia
    1960 Yankees Photo Trivia
    Hall of Fame posts
    ARod HR
    Russell Flexes his muscles
    yada, yada, yada

Yes, they have a Tex thread, but it's not called "Tex sucks, let's get rid of him he's a slug. Or he's injured and faking it, and just doesn't care about the team.

Or maybe you can show me how sox fans are keeping Yankee fans real there. Or any evidence of this "rivalry" that is the excuse for what posters like you do on this board. I still haven't been able to find a Yankee site like that. Maybe you can help me out. LMAO

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Victor Conte says Melky Cabrera isn't the only one : Can't wait. Looooong time coming. These late season, late in age, miraculously re-energized players are getting a little hard to take in the "cathedral".
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]

Every time you make a stupid comment like this you become worse than any troll here. It just shows a lack of intellgence and that surprises me.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from heobrien. Show heobrien's posts

[QUOTE]The sad thing is the reaction of his former teammates on the Yankees. " I feel so bad for Melky" ," He is a great guy " ," " A great teammate", " I wish him the best " , "I will always be there for him" , etc. , etc. , etc.  Please. Please. The guy got caught cheating.  Enough with this bleeding heart nonsense. How about some condemnation of this bum.
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]

He got caught cheating in the NL.  Had he been on the RS or O's you'd likely gotten a different response.

Sections
Shortcuts