Victor Martinez Pitches Shutout & Hitting Like His Normal High Level Career Numbers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from majorleague. Show majorleague's posts

Re: Victor Martinez Pitches Shutout & Hitting Like His Normal High Level Career Numbers

How is that 142M contract on Crawford working out, Ballgirl?

I see AGon isn't selling tickets in San Diego, Ballgirl.

You are clueless, as usual, and it's absurd to claim that it was either AGon or VMart. That is beyond stupid! Crawford is almost an entire team payroll for some teams. VMart could and should have been resigned. Crawford, even at his career averages, is a joke for 142M. His defense has been nothing but marginal.

Notin, you might pay attention to VMart's career averages.

And for those foolishly claiming VMart is breaking down, if that's true, they need a formal burial for Lowrie.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Re: Victor Martinez Pitches Shutout & Hitting Like His Normal High Level Career Numbers

^^^ I didn't realize any teams hovered around a 23 million dollar payroll...please back that one up. Far as I can tell, KC bottoms it out at about 36....roughly 50% more than Crawford. What's a little exaggeration though.

If Crawford ends the year north of .290, like i believe he will, what say you then? And we're roughly 1/28th the way through the contract. Oh, but I'm sure you decide if your entire day is going to be good or bad by what happens between midnight and 1am...brilliant.

I know...lowrie is such a problem...his ability to play 3 IF positions...and his minimum salary...what a frustrating player to watch bat .320!

ANd if you want to assume VMart will produce close to his career averages, that he amassed mostly through his mid to late 20s, in his early to mid 30s...well, that, my fiend, is the very epitome of foolish and clueless.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In Response to Re: Victor Martinez Pitches Shutout & Hitting Like His Normal High Level Career Numbers:
    [QUOTE]He's saying what the real experts said this offseasn. keep vmart.  In typical sox fan fashion most people turned on him.. Why do you weird fans always turn on FA?  VMart was cheap and coulda/shoulda been kept.  This season would be alot different if he was.  Hopefully it won't matter in the end, but wmart over salty and a rookie in the OF would be a beautiful thing right now...
    Posted by fancy-shamanski[/QUOTE]

Unless VMart was on the DL and Kalish was hitting .160/.215/.220.  Then RSN would be complaining that the Sox overpaid for Vmart when they already had Salty, and that they let Crawford get away.

Ah, but hindisight is a wonderful thing.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from majorleague. Show majorleague's posts

If Crawford ends the year north of .290, like i believe he will, what say you then?

I'll say what you were too stupid to read, supra. Crawford, even if he gets to his careeer averages, is a complete joke at 142M.

Crawford has high mileage and will be 30 during this season. VMart is 32 this season. A little exageration and a double edged sword that you lanced yourself with. You really don't expect ugly swinging Crawford to maintain what he did in his 20's? Are you buying that "ages slower" nonsense from the front office.

Take a look at two of the most pitiful catchers in the majors, Mendoza, can't throw and can't block 1 and 2. Varitek is going to hurt himself bending over.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wolfpack13. Show Wolfpack13's posts

Here is an idea for your next post... let's look at all the players the Red Sox passed in the draft who became great players. Example Re: Mike Piazza is passed by the Red Sox over 60 times in the 1988 draft and he went on to lead all catchers in home runs!!!

The Sox are about to get to .500 playing arguably the best ball of the season and you post Victor Martinez.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from playball01. Show playball01's posts

In Response to Re: Victor Martinez Pitches Shutout & Hitting Like His Normal High Level Career Numbers:
    [QUOTE]If Crawford ends the year north of .290, like i believe he will, what say you then? I'll say what you were too stupid to read, supra. Crawford, even if he gets to his careeer averages, is a complete joke at 142M. Crawford has high mileage and will be 30 during this season. VMart is 32 this season. A little exageration and a double edged sword that you lanced yourself with. You really don't expect ugly swinging Crawford to maintain what he did in his 20's? Are you buying that "ages slower" nonsense from the front office. Take a look at two of the most pitiful catchers in the majors, Mendoza, can't throw and can't block 1 and 2. Varitek is going to hurt himself bending over.
    Posted by majorleague[/QUOTE]

I would state that your assessment has a 50/50 chance of having any merit but your level of ignorance displayed by providing the OP is hovering close to 100%.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from majorleague. Show majorleague's posts

Those that thought AGon would be selling tickets in San Diego is 100% idiocy.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

majorleague, I wouyld not go around calling people "clueless" if I thought Victor Martinez was going to be the same hitter ages 32-35 and he has been to date. 

Martinez is on the way down.  He is 32 years old and is signed thru age 35.  Catchers who stay behind the plate rarely age well, and nothing about Martinez has ever indicated he will be an exception.   (In fact, as inidcated earleir, Martinez has not been catching this year very much at all.)

Defensively, he is below par to begin with, and has very little business being behind there.  The only people who ever defend his defense do so because they refuse to admit that all they care about is his offense.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from majorleague. Show majorleague's posts

Nice shutout by VMart, in his last catching start. Define "aging well"? His contract was 4 years, not 7 years and 142M. VMart has caught 7 games, despite being on the DL for a stint.

If VMart is "below par" defensively, that puts him above our two catchers. But, at least he can hit. Are you suggesting that a guy who splits time at catcher and DH is somehow going to fall off the hitting cliff at age 33, or 34, or even 35?

If you don't know what a gifted swinger looks like, you need to study more. VMart has a Sam Snead swing, while Crawford has an Arnold Palmer ugly swing.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Another laughable OP from majorleague.  V-Mart is primarily a firstbaseman or DH, and, frankly, I'd rather have Adrian Gonzalez. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from playball01. Show playball01's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Victor Martinez Pitches Shutout & Hitting Like His Normal High Level Career Numbers : I'm sorry, I didn't realize you got to choose who argues with who around here, my ignorance truly did shine through. Ah, but I forgot about your ignorance, assuming I give a flying f u c k what you have to say. If you have nothing to add, go over to your private group, where I'm sure you all agree and sing happy songs.
    Posted by ma6dragon9[/QUOTE]

Since my post wasn't directed at you I will take your response with the merit that it deserves ...........NONE!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Victor Martinez Pitches Shutout & Hitting Like His Normal High Level Career Numbers:
    [QUOTE]BA .330 OBP .389  OPS .935  4 Homers 23 RBI's Very painful to see the catchers we have. Salty has improved, but that's not saying much. RM is settling in on Varitek.
    Posted by majorleague[/QUOTE]for 11M and 4 years, we could have had victor at catcher. for this year, talking 100 games at catcher and some DH. like papi but i still would have put victor there twice a week to keep his bat around. vic and salty would have been a great combo. perhaps we could have gone with 3 catchers with victor the emergency outfield guy with youk and lowrie. so no darnell mcdonald. we would be 10 games over .500 had we kept him. thats been the most glaring area of weakness. no hope of really changing it offensively. v-mart could have caught 3 times a week with at least one turn at DH per week. he could have rested at least one game per week. that would have kept him fresh all year or for the next 2 or 3 years as ortiz traansitions

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from majorleague. Show majorleague's posts

Another laughable OP from majorleague.  V-Mart is primarily a firstbaseman or DH, and, frankly, I'd rather have Adrian Gonzalez. 

Frankly, I rather have VMart and Salty, with Crawford on the Angels payroll.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Thank God you aren't pulling the strings.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

True 3 years of Vmart rather than 7 of Crawford looks fairly enticing.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Victor's primary position is DH, so the real question is whether he will outperform Ortiz over the season.    

Sections
Shortcuts