Victor Who?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from -The-Babe-----------------. Show -The-Babe-----------------'s posts

Re: Victor Who?

In Response to Re: Victor Who?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Victor Who? : That remains to be seen...
    Posted by SoxPatsCelts1988[/QUOTE]

No, we have seen him to be unproductive and overpaid this season. Whether that continues or not remains to be seen.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Victor Who? : No, we have seen him to be unproductive and overpaid this season. Whether that continues or not remains to be seen.
    Posted by -The-Babe-----------------[/QUOTE]

Trying to have it both ways I see.  You can't drop that line with Beckett to take away from his successfull 2011 season and then dismiss it when evaluating Crawford's 2011 season.  Kind of hypocritical...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Salty proved me right! I said in ST that he was going to be at least solid, and maybe even good. I think he'll get better too as time goes on.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

Nice call on your projections, Moon.

I'm glad  we hung in there with Salty.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Victor Who? : That's a lie, we all know you don't have any friends. I mean, I can understand that red sawx fans might not like me, but how does it feel to be a supposed sawx fan and be unliked on one of your home team's chat rooms?

You are making the erroneous assumption that most participants on this forum are bonafide Red Sox fans. My guess is at 20%, others estimate between 20-60%. Nobody really knows. Never assume that you know the allegiance of whom you are talking to on here. You will be disappointed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from -The-Babe-----------------. Show -The-Babe-----------------'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Victor Who? : You are making the erroneous assumption that most participants on this forum are bonafide Red Sox fans. My guess is at 20%, others estimate between 20-60%. Nobody really knows. Never assume that you know the allegiance of whom you are talking to on here. You will be disappointed.
    Posted by Your-Echo[/QUOTE]

Well...conspiracy theories aside, can you point out anyone aside from your alter egos who actually like you here?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Victor Who? : You are making the erroneous assumption that most participants on this forum are bonafide Red Sox fans. My guess is at 20%, others estimate between 20-60%. Nobody really knows. Never assume that you know the allegiance of whom you are talking to on here. You will be disappointed.

You are a fool.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Victor Who? : Well...conspiracy theories aside, can you point out anyone aside from your alter egos who actually like you here?

Before the Harness Day Massacre or after?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from -The-Babe-----------------. Show -The-Babe-----------------'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Victor Who? : Before the Harness Day Massacre or after?

Really wouldn't matter. You are universally unliked in here.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]VTek has proved almost everyone wrong.
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

moon,

Why do you think Jason is surprising everyone? 
    Jason is playing about the same as he has since 08.  His BA is similar as is his OPS at this point.  Tek has chipped in with some big hits like usual but his real value is working pitchers and doing a great job mentoring Salty.  Together they have been a very effective combination which is what we all hoped for. 

I think Salty has been the real surprise but Jason should get a great deal of credit for his success.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Who would have thought that Salty's BA would be 20 points higher than Crawford? 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Victor Who? : Yes, we have no way of knowing what VMart's numbers would have been here this year, as a 40-70% catcher. This thread wasn't meant to be about VMart: it was about this year's catchers doing a fine job this year, and great job since about May 1st. They are probably going to do better than our catching combo last year (that included low 3rd catcher numbers from Cash). Let's celebrate their good fortune, and not harp on what might have been.

Good posts Moon.  Victor might be hitting a little better than Varitek, but IMO, he wouldn't be getting as much out of the pitching staff as Tek is.  Additionally, if Varitek were not here mentoring Salty, Salty would not be progressing as well in that area either.

Going into the season, I had no idea how Salty would work out behind the plate, and I was very comforted knowing that we at least had Varitek as a backup had Salty fallen on his face.  Luckily that didn't happen.

What the tandem is doing offensively is gravy for me.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Victor Who? : Good posts Moon.  Victor might be hitting a little better than Varitek, but IMO, he wouldn't be getting as much out of the pitching staff as Tek is.  Additionally, if Varitek were not here mentoring Salty, Salty would not be progressing as well in that area either. Going into the season, I had no idea how Salty would work out behind the plate, and I was very comforted knowing that we at least had Varitek as a backup had Salty fallen on his face.  Luckily that didn't happen. What the tandem is doing offensively is gravy for me.
    Posted by RedSoxKimmi[/QUOTE]

Kimmi, our Jason and Salty combination has worked well but just imagine what Salty/Lavarnway might produce if Ryan is truly the pure hitter he appears to be?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Victor Who? : moon, Why do you think Jason is surprising everyone?  Jason is playing about the same as he has since 08.  His BA is similar as is his OPS at this point.  Tek has chipped in with some big hits like usual but his real value is working pitchers and doing a great job mentoring Salty.  Together they have been a very effective combination which is what we all hoped for.  I think Salty has been the real surprise but Jason should get a great deal of credit for his success.
    Posted by craze4sox[/QUOTE]

He's not surprised harness or I. He has surprised almost everyone else. One thing that is surprising to me is that his splits are no longer so one-sided. He is hitting RHPs about the same as LHPs this season.

Trust me, it wasn't a slam on VTek. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Victor Who? : Kimmi, our Jason and Salty combination has worked well but just imagine what Salty/Lavarnway might produce if Ryan is truly the pure hitter he appears to be?
    Posted by craze4sox[/QUOTE]

Yes, they could be an offensive powerhouse, as far as catchers go.  However, I am much more defensive oriented when it comes to the catching position.  The most important thing to me in a catcher is how well he handles the pitching staff.  I'm guessing that Lavarnway is progressing in that area, but right now, the thought of that tandem does not leave me feeling warm and fuzzy.  As of now, I very much want Varitek re-signed for next year.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I understand that....but to title the thread as Victor Who? is kinda calling out vmart when he was a productive player for the sawx.

Point well taken. 

I did not mean it as a put down of VMart, but rather as a statement to those who felt losing VMart's bat was going to hurt this offense. VMart was hurt part of last year, and our catching numbers were not as great as people may have realized-overall. My point back in March, was that we were, in a sense, not replacing VMart with Salty and VTek, but we were replacing VMart, an injured VTek, Kevin Cash and others with Salty and a healthy VTek. I thought this year's tandem would approach last year's overall catcher numbers. I projected our 1B/3B combo of AGon/Youk would do better than Beltre's awesome 2010 and our 1B by committe numbers of 2010. I projected the return to health by Pedey and Ellsbury would make us way better than last year's offensive team.

I have tried to find my projection thread in the archives, but have had no luck. I think I projected, if healthy, 100-1002 wins.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Victor Who? : He's not surprised harness or I. He has surprised almost everyone else. One thing that is surprising to me is that his splits are no longer so one-sided. He is hitting RHPs about the same as LHPs this season. Trust me, it wasn't a slam on VTek. 

I understand moon and agree, Jason is hitting LHP again like the old days which has been a huge plus.

Thanks for clarifying, I wasn't quite sure what you meant sorry.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

How I would love to find threads in the archives and bump them up to the top. BDC knows that this was done in the past and embarassed too many people and put egg on their faces and that is not good for the forum. So now BDC only keep three pages active to prevent bumping up the drivel of idiots. The forum now only has recent drivel. Those who acted stupid three months ago are protected.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

It's there somewhere and can be cut and pasted. I just can't find it.

Only poasters who are banned have their drivel pasts erased.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

[QUOTE]Those who acted stupid three months ago are protected.

LOL, I'm guessing that those who acted stupid three months ago are still acting stupid today.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from -The-Babe-----------------. Show -The-Babe-----------------'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Victor Who? : LOL, I'm guessing that those who acted stupid three months ago are still acting stupid today.
    Posted by RedSoxKimmi[/QUOTE]

And pike should know...he leads the list.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Varitek is my favorite player on the Sox. He's been sooo valuable to the team over the years, and continues to be now. I never doubted him for a second. I don't know what we're going to do when he's actually not here anymore. I hope he gets a position on the staff.

And I also believe Salty's turnaround has been for the most part directly related to Varitek. At the very least he's given him more confidence, which coming up from the minor leagues was probably needed. He's been great for the pitching staff, and now great for the future of Sox catchers.

I'm going to hate it when he's gone, and I bet most of the players will as well.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Victor Who? : Before the Harness Day Massacre or after?

We all know why that happened, don't we? You are a hopeless narcissist.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]Varitek is my favorite player on the Sox. He's been sooo valuable to the team over the years, and continues to be now. I never doubted him for a second. I don't know what we're going to do when he's actually not here anymore. I hope he gets a position on the staff. And I also believe Salty's turnaround has been for the most part directly related to Varitek. At the very least he's given him more confidence, which coming up from the minor leagues was probably needed. He's been great for the pitching staff, and now great for the future of Sox catchers. I'm going to hate it when he's gone, and I bet most of the players will as well.
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]

When VTek was a FA, I mentioned offering hima "lifetime services" deal, so he could stay on as a pitching/catching coach. His knowledge and insights are invaluable.

25. This post has been removed.