Victorino against RH pitchers????

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

Victorino against RH pitchers????

I'm having a lot of trouble understanding why Victorino is being kept in the lineup with a sore right hamstring that is forcing him to bat righthanded against RH pitchers, particularly with Carp sitting on the bench. With Napoli out, could not Nava play RF and Carp, 1B?

At the very least why not move him down in the lineup and have Els, Pedey, Nava (w/ his high OBP) and Papi at the top of the order?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Re: Victorino against RH pitchers????

In response to dustcover's comment:

I'm having a lot of trouble understanding why Victorino is being kept in the lineup with a sore right hamstring that is forcing him to bat righthanded against RH pitchers, particularly with Carp sitting on the bench. With Napoli out, could not Nava play RF and Carp, 1B?

At the very least why not move him down in the lineup and have Els, Pedey, Nava (w/ his high OBP) and Papi at the top of the order?

There are quite a few things that are hard to understand lately. A great season may well be slipping away. This does not look like the same ball club . Is this 2011 all over again?  Let's hope we can snap out of it soon. If not, first place will be gone when we get back home from the coast, and we will be in a dog fight for the wild card with several teams.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Just a Hunch -- Victorino, a great OFer,  may have caught Gardner's 3B if healthy.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

I haven't seen where exactly Ells was playing because he wasn't within retrieval site of the ball until Vicorino picked it up on the bounce.

I agree with you nhsteven about Vic's health---he must have gone a long way himself to retrieve the ball--by the look of the landing spot it would appear to have been, under normal circumstances, an easier catch for Ells.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:

Just a Hunch -- Victorino, a great OFer,  may have caught Gardner's 3B if healthy.

Victorino may have trouble pushing off on his bad leg, but he looks to be running fine....he was fling on that double he hit last night, like hewas going to try for 3 if Soraino had trouble handling it in left.....I think the fact that Ells was shifter over to Left played a bigger role 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:

You're so right, but the point is he is not 100%, and there may be better alternatives than the mis-use of his talent while he is dinged up.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

When we signed Victorino, I was a bit shocked at the amount of money and 3rd year for a player who had serious issues vs RHPs- basically on the wrong side of a platoon.

His .713 OPS vs RHPs (as a LHB in 227 PAs) and .649 (as a RHB in 33 PAs) has actually been better than recent years:

vs RHPs

2012: .627

2011: .789

2010: .683

vs LHPs:

2013: .777 (way lower than I had hoped for)

2012: .906

2011: 1.032

2010: .921

We have a lot of hitters who hit RHPs very well. With Shane having an OBP below .325 vs RHPs, and Pedey having SLG% issues up 3rd, it makes you wonder how many runs our balanced lin-up would have if these two guys stepped up those areas.

Sox4ever

Sections
Shortcuts