Victorino - Help me out here

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Re: Victorino - Help me out here

In response to SinceYaz's comment:

In response to ADG's comment:

[QUOTE]

Victorino, he has been extremely injury prone to say the least, was activated from the disabled list for the second game of Saturday's doubleheader.

He did not play on Sunday because it was a "scheduled" day off. Really? After being out for 17 days or so, he has a scheduled day off? Why not just shelve him until after the All Star break. He's not really needed at this point and the odds are very very good that he will be injured within the next week.

Waste of $39M.

Victorino has added more to the team than just playing time.  ANd when he's been on the DL, it has been a superb opportunity for the rest of the team to play and measure up.  It has allowed Daniel Nava full time playing opportuinities that otherwise would have been missed.   Nava has turned out to be one of the GREAT surprises this season.  No more platooning for the best switch hitter in the AL ...

This team on the offense and defense, aside from Pedey and Papi, have been able to mix and match and come out a sum that is greater than it's parts.   Pedey has been an iron horse and Papi has been the whole team of clydsdales since coming back from injury ...

The people of Philly absolutely loved Victorino.  That is something hard to accomplish.  He was a spark to the Phillies and his biggest negative was injury. 

[/QUOTE]

My best friend growing up is a Phillies fanatic.  He was hoping they'd re-sign him.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to Sheriff-Rojas' comment:

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

[QUOTE]

• Day game after night game
    • Just coming off the DL
    • Righty on the mound

You really only need one of those reasons to justify sitting him. and there are three.

Why wouldn't you pack your lineup with lefties v Blanton?  Seriously, you don't show a lick of BB sense.

That's pretty clear and succinct, JB.  ADG should thank you for helping him out.

[/QUOTE]

It won't help him out, because he has no interest in being helped.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In response to Sheriff-Rojas' comment:

• Day game after night game
    • Just coming off the DL
    • Righty on the mound

You really only need one of those reasons to justify sitting him. and there are three.

Why wouldn't you pack your lineup with lefties v Blanton?  Seriously, you don't show a lick of BB sense.

That's pretty clear and succinct, JB.  ADG should thank you for helping him out.

It won't help him out, because he has no interest in being helped.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

5. This post has been removed.