Victorino

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Victorino

He has been remarkable .... and he's doing this playing hurt, quite hurt.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Re: Victorino

Guy's a winner, plain and simple. Great guy to have on your team. Liked him when he was in Philly.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Yes

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

more remarkable I am the only poster on the board who was pumped for his signing.

Not an entirely accurate proclamation? you might well have been the only guy pumped...I remember discussing the merits of his signing with Moon who tends to overlook a players intangibles and zero's on on the money's paid almost to fault. I will say that Victorino has exceeded my expectations.

I was at the time of and am now a proponent of his signing. Chief among my reasoning was the length of his deal (3years) put in place a transistor plan if and when Ellsbury departs Replacing him in the leadoff spot in the lineup and in center until young Bradley is ready to show that he's capable of contributing at the big league level. The key is health...

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

more remarkable I am the only poster on the board who was pumped for his signing.

Actually I was very pumped too......

(I had to point that out as EVERY OTHER opinion I had got proven wrong!)

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Oh, please.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

As I've said, Victorino was MY CHOICE for the Sox when someone here created a thread of what players they would want on the Sox -- years ago -- or maybe a year. Granted I probably don't know as many players as the rest of you, but I named him because he reminded me of someone who could have been an Idiot and I said so in my comment. That thread must exist somewhere.

Anyway, glad to have him and incredulous it actually came to pass.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

I loved the signing. I thought he was overpaid, but who isn't?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

still a very good player..arm's not as strong anymore, but plays good D'...imo him fitting in there was going to be a cakewalk....as harsh as Boston could be, he'd feel paroled after dealing with those loons in Philly Tongue Out 

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Easy there hoss.  You certainly were not the only one.  I loved this signing as well from the start and expressed it in no uncertain terms.  And there were others.  Of course, it was easy to miss in the sea of CHERRINGTON IS SUCH AN IDIOT TO OVERPAY FOR WASHED UP HAS-BEENS.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to LloydDobler's comment:

Lloyd, do you still think he is overpaid?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to LloydDobler's comment:

I'm notYell Maybe in years, Lloyd, but IVC has earned every penny this year, IMO

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

http://www.boston.com/community/forums/sports/red-sox/on-the-front-burner/shane-victorino/100/6571757?page=1

I love the smell of asphalt in the morning.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenwellforpresident. Show greenwellforpresident's posts

I only point it out when people say how 'amazed' or 'surprised' they are..... that's all, geeze

Wrong.  You point that out because you toot your own horn more than anyone on this forum.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Easy there hoss.  You certainly were not the only one.  I loved this signing as well from the start and expressed it in no uncertain terms.  And there were others.  Of course, it was easy to miss in the sea of CHERRINGTON IS SUCH AN IDIOT TO OVERPAY FOR WASHED UP HAS-BEENS.

[/QUOTE]

u love all signings... there is a difference

[/QUOTE]

haha.  touche. 

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Lloyd, do you still think he is overpaid?

Only in the technical sense. As in, they're  all  overpaid.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

u love all signings... there is a difference

[/QUOTE]

HAHA!!!!!  He has you there Space!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

The Red Sox have launched 10 home runs the last 2 games. Watch Shane Victorino hit the 10th: http://atmlb.com/15AZKYr