VICTORINO's bad back could open door for JACKIE BRADLEY JR........

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

VICTORINO's bad back could open door for JACKIE BRADLEY JR........

Victorino has been playing well, howevaa, a BAD BACK is sort of like a BAD HEEL, eventually it takes its TOLL !!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re: VICTORINO's bad back could open door for JACKIE BRADLEY JR........

And this is one of the ways he could make his way back on the team. Im sure at this point though, they will wait the 20 days first.

Brentz could also get the call as hes been waiting in line as well and has earned one. Mitch Maier could get the call, hes been hot as of late. Hazelbaker...Lots of options.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

And this is one of the ways he could make his way back on the team. Im sure at this point though, they will wait the 20 days first.

Brentz could also get the call as hes been waiting in line as well and has earned one. Id be ok with both.

Good post..... I forgot the 20 days.....& BRENTZ could be INTERESTING !!!  Right handed power, I think ?????

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

Brentz could also get the call as hes been waiting in line as well and has earned one. Id be ok with both.

Good post..... I forgot the 20 days.....& BRENTZ could be INTERESTING !!!  Right handed power, I think ?????

I added a couple names to my post after looking at the pawsox stats.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

I thought the same thing.  Going to AAA did not make Bradley unavailable. 

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

But yeah, Brentz is a RH power bat. Maier is a 30yr old LHH but is basically a career AAA guy. hes hitting well though. hazelbaker is another LHH that has shown some power the last couple years.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to ConanObrien's comment:

Hey Frank

Youk has been hot this week.

I guess he forgot about the Arod and tex deals huh?

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

The last time the door was opened for the kid he made Drew look like Rod Carew......pretty sure he's not getting called up until he learns how to hit an inside pitch or a curve.......

Nobody is getting called up unless he goes on the DL....which seems unlikely.  We have Gomes, Nava and Carp.  I'm sure Vic will be back soon.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to Kingface12's comment:

The last time the door was opened for the kid he made Drew look like Rod Carew......pretty sure he's not getting called up until he learns how to hit an inside pitch or a curve.......

Nobody is getting called up unless he goes on the DL....which seems unlikely.  We have Gomes, Nava and Carp.  I'm sure Vic will be back soon.

nO KIDDING ........  Thank you for your thoughts !!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

nO KIDDING ........  Thank you for your thoughts !!

You're very welcome....... 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

You see at least JBJ added value in left field because his defense was elite.  Yes good defense in left is somewhat of a waste of talent, but he was replacing a defensively inferior player.  Now JBJ would hypothetically replacing a player who has much better defense.  So the value added would be if he could hit at least just as good as Victorino, which I don't think he can do at this point.

You still get stuck with Nava/Carp/Gomes in LF. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Bradley is hitting .400 after four games. If he's hitting .400 after a month, I'd like to see him back but in LF. Victorino has been playing great RF defense and I'd love to have an OF defense of Bradley, Ellsbury and Victorino.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to royf19's comment:

Bradley is hitting .400 after four games. If he's hitting .400 after a month, I'd like to see him back but in LF. Victorino has been playing great RF defense and I'd love to have an OF defense of Bradley, Ellsbury and Victorino.

Depends on if nava is still hitting everything. Nava has earned a starting job over the last 3 years and plays good D.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

Depends on if nava is still hitting everything. Nava has earned a starting job over the last 3 years and plays good D.

Exactly....the guy is tearing the cover off the ball.  Play the guy who is playing hot!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Brentz could also get the call as hes been waiting in line as well and has earned one. Mitch Maier could get the call, hes been hot as of late. Hazelbaker...Lots of options.

Brentz, Hazelbaker or Maier would require either DFAing someone or trading Aceves for a player not on a 40 man. Or releasing Aceves outright. .

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to notin's comment:

Brentz, Hazelbaker or Maier would require either DFAing someone or trading Aceves for a player not on a 40 man. Or releasing Aceves outright. .

Yeah, i thought BB was on the 40-man. My bad. I figured when they started talking about trading Ace, one of the others could take his place too. Probably should have been more clear.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Exactly....the guy is tearing the cover off the ball.  Play the guy who is playing hot!

That's why I say let's revisit this in another month. In the past, when Nava has gone cold, he's gone frigid. I just don't have enough faith in Nava over the long term, but let's see it play out.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

That's why I say let's revisit this in another month. In the past, when Nava has gone cold, he's gone frigid. I just don't have enough faith in Nava over the long term, but let's see it play out.

I agree, we should reopen the discussion around the end of May. Nava hasnt been able to last throughout the year. Hopefully he can this time. I like him.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Completely agree.  But if Vic goes on the DL, then Bradley, if he is ready, is the right right fielder.  Nava is no great shakes in LF, but is competent with a decent arm and has an OPS over 1.000. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

Yeah I agree.  It's nice knowing that we have options in the minors if Nava does do the 'Summer Swoon' he has become known for.  I do give him a pass for last year though since nobody it seemed was doing anything!  Hopefully the issue with Vic is more of a nuisance then anything else.  He's the teams spark plug it seems.  Would love for the lineup to get a bit more pop going though and be more patient at the plate.  A TON of strikeouts and not a lot of HR's. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

They have 4 outfielders on the present roster and Pawtucket or Portland have enough spare parts if needed. I think Shane is just tightening up do to the flux in weather. If not and they need a RF Brentz is the RF at the AAA level. Bradley is going to be given more time too heal from is ego deflating expierence of the first few weeks in the bigs. Another name to consider is Brandon Snyder he plays all four corner positions and would offer depth at LF,RF,1B and 3B, he's a right handed power hitting guy and right now he's hitting .280 at AAA. The only drawback is he's not on the 40 man roster.

Sections
Shortcuts