Vintage Shane Victorino

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Vintage Shane Victorino

So, Ben Cherrington pays market price for all-star vintage Victorino of pre 2012, figuring last year as a transitional abberation, not the indicator of decline that many believed it was.  14 games in, my absolute favorite part of this great start and a team that I really like, is watching Shane do a little bit of everything to win games.  Vintage Victorino if you will.  Can he sustain? Surely, his batting average will come back to around his career norms.  But, sure looks like he has the legs, energy and ability that he had two years ago.  This is what he did in Philly.  Great to have him.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re: Vintage Shane Victorino

He had 39 SB last year which says hes still got his legs under him. Between an injury and being traded and having to move to the other coast, he struggled a bit in 2012. There was absolutely NO evidence that he was trending downward. Some fans look at his last year and define a player that way. How many jokers here did that with Lester, forgetting the 4 prior years before 2012. Also forgetting S. Drews offensive numbers before his one injury, hurting both ankles.

Victorino is no where near done. Im sure he will have his down points throughout a long season, but he has shown he can still provide solid production from every aspect of the game needed for a position player. He should easily perform the duration of his contract ages 32-34.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Vic has been the best player on the team so far.

and we have softy to thank for it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Always loved him as a player. Glad to have him. Terrific catch last night with the bases loaded. Best RF we've had in a while.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

Victorino is a good ballplayer. Even last year he stole 39 bases with plus defense. He was overpaid by the year but is still on a short term contract. Nothing to complain about here.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

I thought he was a mistake and am glad to see I was wrong.  OP has it exactly right, he does a lot of different things well.  As good as his bunting is, I think his fake bunting is just as effective--just ask Jacoby Ellsbury, who went from 1st to 3d and then scored the winning run in part because of Victorino's "fake" bunt, which contributed to a bad throw by the catcher. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Victorino's hustle, smarts, and leadership are largely resonsible for the postitive start of the Sox so far this season. Fun player to watch. He really knows how to play the game of baseball.

Sections
Shortcuts