Vote: Should Bradley be sent down to save nearly a year of arbitration control 7 years from now when Ortiz Comes off the DL?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Re: Vote: Should Bradley be sent down to save nearly a year of arbitration control 7 years from now when Ortiz Comes off the DL?

In response to softlaw2's comment:

Gomes would obviously be the new starting LF'er.

I vote No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I vote ... lets wait and see ...

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Re: Vote: Should Bradley be sent down to save nearly a year of arbitration control 7 years from now when Ortiz Comes off the DL?

I vote send him down for 20 days when we're 10 games up for a playoff spot or 10 games out of one. Laughing 

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Are you running for office?

Nope.  Just watching baseball ... you know, not being an obstinant hard-headed fool ...

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

I think almost everyone would love to see Bradley stay, but what softlaw is typically ignoring is a process that virtually every MLB team follows.   Even Bryce Harper spent some time at AAA.  It is not a criminal offense to send Bradley to Pawtucket even though most of us want to keep him in Boston. 

The good news is that no decision needs to be made now.  Also, the Sox will actually like the dilemma of having too much talent. 

Peter Abraham pointed out that another point in Bradley's favor is fan reaction at a time when the fans are not happy with the direction of the Sox, which is reflected in poor ticket sales and lower viewership of Sox games on NESN. 

It's even possible to keep Gomes and Bradley if both are hitting well when Ortiz returns.  Bradley would play every day in the outfield, and Gomes could fill in against lefties for Ortiz or Victorino or pinch hit or whatever.   

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

I vote send him down for 20 days when we're 10 games up for a playoff spot or 10 games out of one. Laughing 

A reasonable suggestion, but I still think he has to go down to preserve the extra year of team control.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I vote Yes.

Talk to me in 7 years and we'll see who was right.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheFoe13. Show TheFoe13's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

I vote Yes.

i agree

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to TheFoe13's comment:

I vote Yes.

i agree

Talk to me if we finish 10 out this year as well.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to TheFoe13's comment:

I vote Yes.

i agree

In the interest of not letting Softy devolve another interesting debate into binary yes or no over-simplification, I will elaborate on my previous brush over of the OP:  I vote to secure the extra year.  But, I ammend that vote to contain the following caveat (pork barrel?):  If the team gets hot and stays hot and that success is tied in a significant way to Bradley being in the line-up every night, I am willing to lose the year for a playoff run this year.  If the Sox are safely in the playoffs in August (highly unlikely) I send him down for 20.  If the Sox are out of it, I send him down.  Or, if he scuffles for a protracted spell, regardless of team performance, I send him down.  But, if he is a spark plug integral to a surging club, I vote no on sending him down.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Softy get help now.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

Abstain.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Gomes would obviously be the new starting LF'er.

I vote No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Absolutely not. Read the threads that I started and who cares. The Sox are potentially close to throwing away $9.5M with Stephen Drew so why should they care about 2019.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

If we like him, we can sign him to a long term contract long before the time of his free agency option arrives, like they do with guys they like in Tampa Bay, then it's not even an issue.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to soxnewmex's comment:

If we like him, we can sign him to a long term contract long before the time of his free agency option arrives, like they do with guys they like in Tampa Bay, then it's not even an issue.

who?  longoria, in the lone example.  though they had to sign him through 2022 to get it done.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

I think each time Bradley hits a HR he should be sent down for 19 days, until his # of HRs exceeds his number of options, at which point he should remain with the big club, thus negating as much of his 2013 value to the team as possible while simultaneously preventing the extra year of team control.

A real lose/lose scenario that will give Softlaw and other bottom feeders reason to cry for years to come. 

Can you believe Dana Kiecker got the start in game 2 of the 1990 ALCS?  Why even trade for Boddicker????

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheFoe13. Show TheFoe13's posts

In response to soxnewmex's comment:

they liked Paps... he chose to go to FA and is gone.

They like Ells... he will go to FA and might be gone.

the sox FO can like someone til the cows come home... that doesn't change the fact that the vast majority of Borass clients choose to hit FA as opposed to extension. They signed him on for a reason... to get the most money possible. the most effective way to do that is by hitting FA and letting 30 teams bid for your services as opposed to just 1.

Sections
Shortcuts