Vote: Should Bradley be sent down to save nearly a year of arbitration control 7 years from now when Ortiz Comes off the DL?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from michaelsjr. Show michaelsjr's posts

Re: Vote: Should Bradley be sent down to save nearly a year of arbitration control 7 years from now when Ortiz Comes off the DL?

In response to moonslav59's comment:

In response to bosoxmal's comment:

LONG before that mythical 7 years has passed, this kid will be into a new 10 year contract, and all this discussion will go into the books as "just conversation".

His agent is Bora$$. Chances are against it.

I could kick myself for bumping this thread, but just wanted to call attention to something....JBJ is with Boras at present, but he could easily follow lead of Cano...Cano just dumped Boras.  NY offered a lucrative extension to Cano to avoid FA and talks stalled..next thing you hear is Cano has new agent.  The reason for this move is pure speculation at this point, but will be very interesting to see what happens next with Cano.  The point is that Boras may not necessarily factor into the picture with JBJ in future either.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Re: Vote: Should Bradley be sent down to save nearly a year of arbitration control 7 years from now when Ortiz Comes off the DL?

In response to michaelsjr's comment:

In response to bosoxmal's comment:

LONG before that mythical 7 years has passed, this kid will be into a new 10 year contract, and all this discussion will go into the books as "just conversation".

His agent is Bora$$. Chances are against it.

I could kick myself for bumping this thread, but just wanted to call attention to something....JBJ is with Boras at present, but he could easily follow lead of Cano...Cano just dumped Boras.  NY offered a lucrative extension to Cano to avoid FA and talks stalled..next thing you hear is Cano has new agent.  The reason for this move is pure speculation at this point, but will be very interesting to see what happens next with Cano.  The point is that Boras may not necessarily factor into the picture with JBJ in future either.

Good post..... The fact is, Bradley has an opportunity to "live the dream" for a team, city, and in a park that the "sky is the limit",   he may not need BORA$$ runnuing interference for him , he can take care of himself !!!!   Would be nice to see Ellsbury wake up to that too !!!  BTW, Fred Lynn wishes that he never left Fenway Paaak for the $$$$$   !!

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Just wanted to make sure my vote was cast. I don't trust these Romney voting machines with no paper trails.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to jackbu's comment:

I don't think Bradley is going anywhere but all the major league parks on the sox schedule.

One big reason is that I already see chemisty with him and jacoby in the out field.  The sox will not want to mess with that chemistry and risk a collision which could side line Jacoby.

softy says if a guy is "good in the clubhouse", it means "he stinks".

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

Yes, need those paper ballots signed with an X so the dead Democrat Party registered voters can vote as many times as possible.

Exactly, so how can I be sure my vote to send JBJ down for just the right amount of time will actually be counted?

Trusting a lawyer to keep truthful records, is just not what I see as being secure, but a pretend lawyer is even worse.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to jackbu's comment:

I don't think Bradley is going anywhere but all the major league parks on the sox schedule.

One big reason is that I already see chemisty with him and jacoby in the out field.  The sox will not want to mess with that chemistry and risk a collision which could side line Jacoby.

JBJ is a great clubhouse guy........

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to TV-Guy's comment:

One can get very upset with Softlaw or Bill but then you finally come to realize that they are just trying to be funny, amusing, and toying with you. Many have arrived at that conclusion, the others prefer to play their game. Bill is just an old geezer having fun along with his morning tea and melba toast.

Many have also realized you are one of the biggest trolls on this site, and if what you say is true, who is worse? softy for trying be funny or amusing or you trying to be a pain in the you know what?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Thus, you reveal the intricacies of clown logic.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Thus, you reveal the intricacies of clown logic.

i'd call it something.... logic is the last thing on the list

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

In response to TheFoe13's comment:

In response to michaelsjr's comment:

No.  He's earned his spot.  Let him play.  Don't muck it up with trying to predict the big picture 7 yrs from now. 

we won't muck up anything... it's only 3 weeks. not 3 months. the tradeoff is too good to pass up IMO.

Exactly.  Through the last CBA it was a legitimate debate i.e. was holding back a player presumed "ready" through mid-June worth the damage to his current team....but now?  20 days?  18 games?  It's not an arguable point, it's obviously good business and only the dim-witted and/or stiff would debate it.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

Yes the money strapped Red Sox would never want to sign him to a long term deal 4 to 5 years from now, buying out his arb years. I also prefer Gomes out there, boy is he awesome.

it's not about what the red sox want in that situation. it's about what JBJ wants and what he feels is best for HIM. for all we know that could be playing out his arb years and going to the highest bidder in Free Agency. Why not just play it safe Burr? lose a maximum of 20 games in his rookie season for a full year in his prime. If he does decide we wants to accept the sox extension offer in a few years then so be it. All we lost was 20 games.

it's an investment. you invest 20 games for a potential 162 game payoff. minimal risk but your asss is covered either way. it's a win-win in my eyes. If he extends, great! everyone is happy. If he walks, then at least we got an extra year in his prime. Seems silly not to explore that avenue..

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

Keep him up, double and RBI against Andy, and I'm counting the days until that slackard prima donna Ellsbury is replaced by Bradley!

So, when he slumps, will you be making the same small sample size definitive judgements again?

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

When is this nonsensical conversation going to end?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

Yes the money strapped Red Sox would never want to sign him to a long term deal 4 to 5 years from now, buying out his arb years. I also prefer Gomes out there, boy is he awesome.

T, would you send him down for 1 game if it got the Sox an extra year of control?